Show vs. Tell

Joy Beeson

Feb 4, 2021, 7:24:04 PM2/4/21

At nap time, I started reading the novella "Mrs. Veriker's Courier
Maid" in Mrs. Alexander's collection _Forging the Fetters_.

I am skimming most of Mrs. Veriker's lines; when a character is *that*
disagreeable, it's time for "tell, don't show"

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Dorothy J Heydt

Feb 4, 2021, 8:00:01 PM2/4/21
In article <33ro1g514dbqq3fp4...@4ax.com>,
Joy Beeson <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

>At nap time, I started reading the novella "Mrs. Veriker's Courier
>Maid" in Mrs. Alexander's collection _Forging the Fetters_.
>
>I am skimming most of Mrs. Veriker's lines; when a character is *that*
>disagreeable, it's time for "tell, don't show"

Did it put you to sleep? :)

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California