Fiction Submission Guidelines for Esquire, GQ Magazines?

cas_ei...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2007, 4:23:19 PM3/30/07

Hello, Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the fiction submission guidelines
for Esquire and GQ are. I can't find any for Esquire, and I'm not
even sure if GW still publishes fiction at all.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Alaric

Mar 30, 2007, 10:11:35 PM3/30/07
Esquire?

Include sex.

GQ?

Include sex.

<cas_ei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jackson Pillock

Apr 1, 2007, 6:09:05 AM4/1/07

<cas_ei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hello, Everyone,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows what the fiction submission guidelines
> for Esquire and GQ are. I can't find any for Esquire, and I'm not
> even sure if GW still publishes fiction at all.

My guess is 'no unsolicited material.' Ring them up and find out who edits
fiction. Then ring up again and ask for that person by name. See how far you
get. How many editors have PAs? You might end up talking to the person you
want.

> Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Woof

Apr 1, 2007, 1:44:36 PM4/1/07

<cas_ei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Esquire (Writer's Market, Men's, pg. 603)
Hearst Corp., 1790 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
(212) 649-4020
Email: esq...@hearst.com
Web site: www.esquire.com
Editor in Chief: David Granger (Check to see if he still is before
submitting).

Written mostly by contributing editors. Rarely accepts unsolicited mss.
Publishes ms 2-6 months after accept. Retains first worldwide rights for 90
days from cover date. Editorial lead time at least 2 months. Accepts
simultaneous submissions. Guidelines for SASE.
FICTION: "Literary excellence is our only criterion." Novel excerpts, short
stories, some poetry, memoirs, and plays. No porn, sci-fi-or true romance.
Send complete ms.

GQ (Writer's Market, Men's, pg. 604)
Conde Nast Publications, Inc.
4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
(212) 286-2860
Web site: www.gq.com
Editorial Assistant: Sarah Wilson
Managin Editor: Martin Beiser
Senior Editors: Jason Gary, John Gillies
Associate Editor: Brian Rafter.

FICTION: Not listed as accepted.
Little info, suggest you write for Guidelines (include SASE)

Hope this helps!

cas_ei...@yahoo.com

Apr 1, 2007, 10:43:16 PM4/1/07
On Apr 1, 1:44 pm, "Woof" <jamesdandr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <cas_eindho...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Hello, Everyone,
>
> > Just wondering if anyone knows what the fiction submission guidelines
> > for Esquire and GQ are. I can't find any for Esquire, and I'm not
> > even sure if GW still publishes fiction at all.
>
> > Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Esquire (Writer's Market, Men's, pg. 603)
> Hearst Corp., 1790 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
> (212) 649-4020
> Email: esqu...@hearst.com

> Web site:www.esquire.com
> Editor in Chief: David Granger (Check to see if he still is before
> submitting).
>
> Written mostly by contributing editors. Rarely accepts unsolicited mss.
> Publishes ms 2-6 months after accept. Retains first worldwide rights for 90
> days from cover date. Editorial lead time at least 2 months. Accepts
> simultaneous submissions. Guidelines for SASE.
> FICTION: "Literary excellence is our only criterion." Novel excerpts, short
> stories, some poetry, memoirs, and plays. No porn, sci-fi-or true romance.
> Send complete ms.
>
> GQ (Writer's Market, Men's, pg. 604)
> Conde Nast Publications, Inc.
> 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
> (212) 286-2860
> Web site:www.gq.com
> Editorial Assistant: Sarah Wilson
> Managin Editor: Martin Beiser
> Senior Editors: Jason Gary, John Gillies
> Associate Editor: Brian Rafter.
>
> FICTION: Not listed as accepted.
> Little info, suggest you write for Guidelines (include SASE)
>
> Hope this helps!

Thanks! And thanks to everyone for their input.

The newly installed fiction editor is Tom Chiarella. And of course,
all you ever get is voicemail. And I seriously doubts the guy will
return a call about submission guidelines, especially when they prefer
working with established name brands.

Well, I'll forward something along and leave it up to them to beat a
path to my door. =)

Thanks again, folks.

Bruce Atchison - author

Apr 4, 2007, 11:25:41 PM4/4/07
Thanks Woof for the info. Being visually impared, I find websites to be
frustrating at times to navigate.

Sincerely,

Bruce Atchison - author of When a Man Loves a Rabbit (Learning and Living
With Bunnies).
http://www.bookadz.com/batchison.htm
http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?overlord=Details&store_id=102

Bruce Atchison - author

Apr 4, 2007, 11:22:43 PM4/4/07
Greetings;

I got a note that GQ wasn't publishing anymore. I'm not sure about Esquire
though. Some bagazines do their utmost to hide their contact details. I
gave up in frustration.

ofonsba...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2016, 2:24:17 AM8/1/16
Yes, it's a sad day to be an author. Market has shrunk alarmingly. I suppose mags now just cater to cultural idiots.

neversayd...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 3:01:33 AM12/17/18