POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY two weeks left to join the Great Poetry Exchange

Rick Lupert

Feb 16, 2008, 7:24:07 PM2/16/08
€ Send a Book - Get a Book
59 poets so far will send a book and get a book in our 7th Annual
Great Poetry Exchange. Join in...send your book to someone, get a
book from someone else. See the entire list of books pledged so far
by clicking on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu!

€ Our apologies for those who attempted to tune in or call in to last
week's PSH Live Open reading. Because of a technical error at Blog
Talk Radio (our 'air-waves' provider) we weren't able to log in to
host the show. We hope you'll tune in next month, Sunday, March 9th
at 2pm (pacific) for another opportunity to hear poets from all over
the world, as well as call in and read a poem yourself. Click on PSH
Live from the main PSH menu for the details and to listen to recent
shows in the archives.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 542 - ISSN: 1523-6587

February 17-24, 2008

this week:

~ This week featuring poets from AUGUSTA, ME and AUSTIN, TX

~ 2 new poetry and writing related link added this week.

~ THE LAST AMERICAN VALENTINE edited by DERRICK BROWN featured this
week in the PSH Bookstore.

~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Open Reading MArch 9

~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

~ This week's featured poets are: PETER SCHWARTZ and BIG POPPA E:

PETER SCHWARTZ (Augusta, Maine) is a painter, poet and writer. He's
also an associate art editor for Mad Hatters' Review. His artwork can
be seen all over the Internet but specifically at:
www.sitrahahra.com. He's had hundreds of paintings, poems, and
stories published both online and in print and is constantly
submitting new work as if his very life depended on it. His last show
was at the Amsterdam Whitney Gallery in Chelsea NYC.

BIG POPPA E (Austin, Texas) is the author of six books of poetry, two
collections of haiku, two CDs, two DVDs, and a bunch of T-shirts and
stickers. He has been published in Poetry Slam: The Competitive Art
of Performance Poetry on Manic D Press, and his essay Slam Your Way
Across America was included in the Poets and Writers magazine
collection The Practical Writer: From Inspiration to Publication. He
has two tuxedo kitties named Aretha and Thelonious. He currently
serves as DJ Hot Wings every week at the Austin Poetry Slam.

Click on "FEATURED POETS" from the main PSH menu to read their work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
poetry and writing links sections.

You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

NEW ONLINE POETRY RESOURCES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

~ THE SOUND OF POETRY REVIEW
This is an international poetry site for contemporary poets. Every
time, the site will feature a poetry collection, a poet and his/her
selected literary works. The main goal of ³The Sound Of Poetry
Review² is to provide and increase public exposure for poets from
around the globe regardless of race, sex, political/religious
affiliation and nationality.

NEW ONLINE PUBLICATIONS LISTINGS THIS WEEK

~ THE SPLINTER GENERATION
Six young people, unsatisfied with being called Generation Y,
Generation 9-11, and countless other ill-fitting monikers, have
created a website inviting people between the ages of fifteen
and thirty-five to talk to each other through literature. We're
calling it "The Splinter Generation"‹a name that we posit might feel
more appropriate, even if temporarily, until we start hearing each
others' voices and perhaps think of something better.

NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

~ CHOCOLATE WATERS
The site span four decades of this award-winning poet's work. Audio
files included.

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

Featured this week in the PSH
Bookstore:

THE LAST AMERICAN VALENTINE edited by DERRICK BROWN

This collection features 24 poets, musicians and barflys, all paired
up with brilliant American illustrators for a collection of gorgeous
and striking love poetry. Brendan Constantine, Bucky Sinister, Buddy
Wakefield, Cristin Aptowicz, Derrick Brown, Jack Hirschman, Jeffrey
Mcdaniel, John Gardiner, Lynne Procope, Michael C. Ford, Micael
Cirelli, Michael Mcclure, Michael Roberts, Mindy Nettifee, Nathan
Willet of Cold War Kids, Richard Swift, Rick Lupert, Roger Bonair
Agard, Shappy Seasholtz, Stephen Latty, Victor Infante, Beau Sia,
Amber Tamblyn, Agneta Falk, Anis Mojgani."Poems of romantic power and
humor...

"A gorgeously successful union."
-New York Times Book Review

Paperback, 212 pages, published by Write Bloody Press, (January, 2008)

~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
Highway AND you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
Write bo...@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
during the event by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and
clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.

You can listen to the shows through your web browser as well as call
in and ask questions live through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during
the live broadcast.

Can't or don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the
show's broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on
AIM.

If you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show
by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the
show's title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through
iTunes or any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

UPCOMING SHOWS:

Worldwide Open Reading
Sunday March 9, 2:00 pm (pacific)
Call in and read your poetry, open mic style. No content or style
restrictions. Share details about your local poetry community with
our listeners. We want to hear you!

RECENTLY ARCHIVED BROADCASTS:

January Worldwide Open Reading
Sunday January 13
The January edition of our open reading featured callers from Tacoma
Park, Maryland, Sioux City, IA (Our first call in regular!), a slew
of callers from North Carolina, Valley Center, California and
Virginia (D.C. area.) Please ignore all the wrong buttons I pressed.

December Worldwide Open Reading
Sunday December 16
Hear callers including the poet laureate of New Hampshire, as well as
callers from Lawrenceville, NJ, Sioux City, IA, Birmingham, AL,
Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA in our December 2007 open reading.

GOT A SHOW IDEA?

Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
your show idea to Ri...@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
there.

AND SO ON . . .

The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 597 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
e-mail to: class...@PoetrySuperHighway.com

_____

TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID SHORT STORY CONTEST ­ CLOSING SOON
Sixteenth year. Fourteen cash prizes totaling $5,250. Top
prize $2,000. Seeks short stories, essays and other works of prose,
up to 5,000 words. Winning entries published online. Both published
and unpublished work accepted. Fee per entry is $12, payable to
Winning Writers. Postmark deadline: March 31. Judges: J.H. Reid, D.C.
Konrad. Submit online or mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard
Short Story Contest, 351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA
01060. Winning Writers is proud to be one of "101 Best Websites for
Writers" (Writer's Digest, 2005-2007). More information:
http://www.winningwriters.com/tomstory

_____

Announcing the fourth annual Skysaje Enterprises poetry contest.
All entries must be typed in 12pts font preferably in times new roman
or better font. All entries must be in English/American
standard. $250.00 top prize and three $25.00 Honorable mentions will
be awarded. $15.00 US entry fee must accompany all submissions,
submit up to five pieces per entry. Make checks payable to L.Berger
and send your entries to:

Skysaje Enterprises
50 Amesbury RD.
Rochester, NY 14623

Submission deadline: April 30th 2008.

_____

ONLINE WORKSHOP--WORDSMITH CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPFinding the Words
in the Writer and the Writer in the Words.
Improvisational writing exercises & one submission for in-depth
critique of work prepared for that purpose. Eight weeks; BEGINS EVERY
THURSDAY; cost $110. Live workshop also available mid-March in Venice
California. http://www.barringtoneditorial.com For more info
conta...@barringtoneditorial.com

_____

A Poets' Seder: Submissions Wanted
This is an open call for poetry submissions for A Poets' Haggadah to
be published in April, 2008 in conjunction with the Poets' Seder
event at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center in Venice, CA. We're
accepting submissions of poetry specifically written to reinterpret
the components and themes of the Passover Seder. Please visit
http://www.PoetSeder.com/ for complete submission guidelines.

_____

Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
lay out yourself directly from your computer.

Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
and white or full color for the front and back covers.

You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
design if you need it.

This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
more info!

_____

PUT YOUR POEMS ON T-SHIRTS!

(or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts,
sweatshirts, coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch
boxes, stickers, postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

Also custom make your own books and CDs with full color art and
professional packaging.

Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or
order merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
for the details.

_____

A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast
is Rick Lupert's latest release and the author's 11th book written
during two weeks in Boston and London during the summer of 2006. It's
a reverse trip through the American Revolution with a special stop to
tread on the remains of King George The III and an introduction by
Brendan Constantine. Read sample poems and learn how to get your copy
here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/noteeth.html

See a video of Rick reading from this book here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl6nId6Mro

See an interview with Rick at his weekly open reading here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyHYN0gXGP4

_____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

--

Visit the Travel Super Highway for all of your discount
airfare needs: http://TravelSuperHighway.com/

tijan...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2015, 6:27:21 PM2/16/15
i love the idea of poetry performance via multimedia exposure-I will seek you again More info.My laptop power will soon fail!Gbemi tjmst