How to recognize the end of an aura.

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 How to recognize the end
of.. by Robert Mau...@etymon.de

> If only the hidden voice of the sun would sing somewhere else. Almost
> anywhere else. I've been over in misc.writing with a sharp stick this
> last couple of days, poked out a couple of eyes, but frankly the place
> is its usual ghastly mixture of dull and gull. I had to trawl.

Bloody fucking hell! You were trolling in misc.writing and you didn't
tell *me*!? That's it. Please turn in your leather jacket. You're out of
the damned club.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Robert Mau...@etymon.de
> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes

> >> If only the hidden voice of the sun would sing somewhere else. Almost
> >> anywhere else. I've been over in misc.writing with a sharp stick this
> >> last couple of days, poked out a couple of eyes, but frankly the place
> >> is its usual ghastly mixture of dull and gull. I had to trawl.
> >
> >Bloody fucking hell! You were trolling in misc.writing and you didn't
> >tell *me*!? That's it. Please turn in your leather jacket. You're out of
> >the damned club.
>
> Well, you were having such fun romancing the stone I thought I'd leave
> you to it. KEEP the jacket. I always hated the emblem.

What?--Oh, this TEARS IT!--NOW you have issues with our
EMBLEM?!--weren't you the one who SUGGESTED the tudor rose en soleil
with the arrow badge of aragon!? As for the stone, point taken. Do you
see *now* why some of us prefer the company of gentlemen?

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Robert Maughan

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Enough is efuckingnough already.

Excellent vignette, by the way, Smith. Tidy too, I hardly clenched at
all. Might have contributed a whimsy myself but the thread is swirling
clockwise down the toilet. It no longer even stinks.

If only the hidden voice of the sun would sing somewhere else. Almost
anywhere else. I've been over in misc.writing with a sharp stick this
last couple of days, poked out a couple of eyes, but frankly the place
is its usual ghastly mixture of dull and gull. I had to trawl.

Those intangible qualities of bloodlust and fucking ravening cruelty
were missing somehow; I found myself writing engaging squibs with what
I can only describe as a playful mixture of jest and patronage. Makes
me sick.

Didn't even call anyone a cunt. Whole thing is becoming a joke. I even
caught Menjy excusing a perfectly legitimate death wish over in Poems.
A poem a year and he pulls it. I'd shoot myself only I'm owed money.

RJM.

Robert Maughan

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes

>> If only the hidden voice of the sun would sing somewhere else. Almost

>> anywhere else. I've been over in misc.writing with a sharp stick this
>> last couple of days, poked out a couple of eyes, but frankly the place
>> is its usual ghastly mixture of dull and gull. I had to trawl.
>

>Bloody fucking hell! You were trolling in misc.writing and you didn't
>tell *me*!? That's it. Please turn in your leather jacket. You're out of
>the damned club.

Well, you were having such fun romancing the stone I thought I'd leave
you to it. KEEP the jacket. I always hated the emblem.

RJM.

Robert Maughan

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes

>What?--Oh, this TEARS IT!--NOW you have issues with our

>EMBLEM?!--weren't you the one who SUGGESTED the tudor rose en soleil
>with the arrow badge of aragon!? As for the stone, point taken. Do you
>see *now* why some of us prefer the company of gentlemen?

Gentlemen Ha! Anyone in a LEATHER JACKET. I see elsewhere you've rolled
back the stone so perhaps we can get on with the business in hand. (!)

Murphy's turned up in the death thread with his balls in disorder. How
badly I wanted to know what he does with his spare time. Has the damn
nerve to give me a plug as though nothing had happened. Which is true.
Any minute now The Tender Trap will be along broadcasting sweetness
and light. Serves me right.

I was hoping thesaurus boy might have given us a turn but he's fucked
off - and I'm left with the vacuuming because the domestic arrangements
are reversed through no fault of my own why is it my problem I like it
on the coast I ask you.

There's someone in a skirt pimpling in the mirror somewhere, I noticed.
Clicked the thing away before I realised she was one more terrifyingly
stupid dipshit from misc.writing. How nice they're coming here to get
their uppances comed. Result!

Look at the time. Look at the time.

RJM.

Paine Ellsworth

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

are overdressed. - Kate Halverson

Robert Maughan wrote:

> Enough is efuckingnough already. . . .
>
> . . . Didn't even call anyone a cunt. . . .
>
> RJM.

so what am i? ragged jagged chopped up kidney stone?

i distinctly remember you calling me a cunt -- and in
front of goad and everybody!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine (in case you don't know, goad = Mingo, given him by

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Robert Mau...@etymon.de

> >What?--Oh, this TEARS IT!--NOW you have issues with our

> >EMBLEM?!--weren't you the one who SUGGESTED the tudor rose en soleil
> >with the arrow badge of aragon!? As for the stone, point taken. Do you
> >see *now* why some of us prefer the company of gentlemen?
>
> Gentlemen Ha! Anyone in a LEATHER JACKET. I see elsewhere you've rolled

Well, yeah. And you refuse to wear yours.

> back the stone so perhaps we can get on with the business in hand. (!)

Right. Back to business. Where's menjy, our terribly unreliable
commander of the advance column? Typical frogue, or faux-frogue in this
case.

> Murphy's turned up in the death thread with his balls in disorder. How
> badly I wanted to know what he does with his spare time. Has the damn
> nerve to give me a plug as though nothing had happened. Which is true.
> Any minute now The Tender Trap will be along broadcasting sweetness
> and light. Serves me right.

Murphy's rejoinder has yet to promulgate on my server. i await it
impatiently. Do we have a plan for mcelroy's triumphal return to usenet?
Do we need one? A plan. A plan. Let me see. Oh, i know. How about this?
TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE TROLLING, DAMN YOU!--MEIN GOTT BUT I HATE TO FIND
OUT ABOUT THESE THINGS *AFTER* THE FACT!

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Asbestos Dust

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998 01:32:01 +0100, Robert Maughan
<r...@etymon.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Enough is efuckingnough already.
>

> Excellent vignette, by the way, Smith.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I screwed around and deleted
it before I got a chance to say so.

>I've been over in misc.writing with a sharp stick this

>last couple of days, poked out a couple of eyes,....

> Those intangible qualities of bloodlust and fucking ravening cruelty
>were missing somehow; I found myself writing engaging squibs with what
>I can only describe as a playful mixture of jest and patronage. Makes
>me sick.

Went to take a look after you mentioned this. You were fucking near
civilized. Disgusting. Instead of day-glo spraypaint writ large on
city hall, you were doodling with chalk on a public school sidewalk.
Sad, really. On the other hand, the MW/AS folk appear to be engaged
in one (or more) of their periodic wrevels during which time everyone
noisily gets along, encouraged, no doubt, by consumption of vast
amounts of intoxicants. You were working a fallow field. Take heart,
they'll be back in their individual cloisters soon enough, offending
and being offended with neither rhyme nor reason and will be once
again primed for your curious fetish.

> Didn't even call anyone a cunt.

Robert, buddy, you underestimate yourself. You don't need to call
anyone a cunt. At this point in your long career, everyone pretty
much takes it as read that your posts ALWAYS boil down to "You're a
cunt." I've been thinking of programming my newsreader to
automatically copy your stuff to a folder called "Cuntmail" for my
later perusal.

>I'd shoot myself only I'm owed money.

Oh, Jeezus, don't do that. GVW would no doubt feel obligated to post
a seven hundred line wail (not counting footnotes) sobbing over your
corpse and comparing you to some antediluvian rhetorician no one ever
heard of. Then *I'd* have to shoot myself.

AD

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Asbestos Du...@here.buddy

> Oh, Jeezus, don't do that. GVW would no doubt feel obligated to post
> a seven hundred line wail (not counting footnotes) sobbing over your
> corpse and comparing you to some antediluvian rhetorician no one ever
> heard of. Then *I'd* have to shoot myself.

Promise?

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Robert Maughan

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Asbestos Dust <nos...@here.buddy> writes

>I've been thinking of programming my newsreader to
>automatically copy your stuff to a folder called "Cuntmail" for my
>later perusal.

I don't think I've felt so wanted in all my life. I noticed that, about
the 'Wrevel' and I put up a screen. I have an idea what it is (NO NO NO)
and I see there's one brewing in the UK.

Unfortunately the red mist descends when I go over there and I ignore
the logistics, even when I'm only ... what you said.

RJM.

Asbestos Dust

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:44:34 -0400, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
>en.. by Asbestos Du...@here.buddy

>>Then *I'd* have to shoot myself.
>
>Promise?

C'mon. Too obvious. You can do better -- you feeling alright?

AD

Scott Murphy

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Robert Maughan <r...@etymon.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Murphy's turned up in the death thread with his balls in disorder. How
> badly I wanted to know what he does with his spare time. Has the damn
> nerve to give me a plug as though nothing had happened. Which is true.
> Any minute now The Tender Trap will be along broadcasting sweetness
> and light. Serves me right.

Yes, sweetness, Light! In my spare time I shove the left one up
level with the right. It's a hopeless enterprise. Each time
I remove my index finger, the poor thing swoons again. Still, my
index finger has had busier months and Spring springs eternal.

Here's wishing you taut testicles, and a reason to want spermatocide.

Don't tell ME the sweet bird of youth has stopped pooping on your
shoulder.

Murphy

--
Scott Murphy <murp...@ix.netcom.com>
04/19/98

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.composition
Subject: Latest from Harry Claude Cat (was: Arthur of Camelot
"Demolished" by Tabloid)
From: dsg...@visi.com (Dan Goodman)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 06:39:26 GMT

Oddly enough, all the topics in my killfile for this group were
introduced by Harry Claude Cat.

--
Dan Goodman
dsg...@visi.com

From: sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.composition
Subject: Problem Slows Writer's Progress
Date: 19 Apr 1998 08:18:13 GMT

I'm a writer trying to break into the tough SF market, and I've got a
problem that's been slowing my progress _for ages_. When I wake up in
the morning, I have difficulty putting on my pants. I'll admit I'm a
tad overweight. Even after I've zipped and buttoned my trousers, I'm
still not "out of the woods" yet. Because then I have to put on my
shoes. I can't even see my feet because my belly is in the way.
If I'm not careful, I burst the old pants seam.

Do you have any advice? Pointers to resources: a website, magazine
article or book on this subject, maybe?

--
<http://unix.worldpath.net/~panhead/dog/catdood.gif> is happening in
the silly topic at Electric Minds Playground <http://www.minds.com>

Menjy

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes wrote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 19-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the

>en.. by Robert Mau...@etymon.de

>Right. Back to business. Where's menjy, our terribly unreliable
>commander of the advance column? Typical frogue, or faux-frogue in this
>case.

Embarrassed into a weekend silence. Robert caught me being
uncharacteristically gentlemanly on r.a.prose to a young demoiselle who
objected to the "death wish" poetry I was hurling at our favourite
supermarket girl.

I had to go and drink myself into near-oblivion, watch "A Clockwork
Orange", read a little Tim Willocks, and abuse a piss-poor wine waiter
before I started feeling anything like my obnoxious old self.

Just to get back into the swing of things, I called someone a "poor,
poor sad little cunt" on alt.flame if that helps at all.

Right. Where were we?

---
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://extra.newsguy.com/~fgentry (updated 15th Apr 98)

Robert Maughan

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Menjy <afe...@HAHAPALMJOBhotmail.com> writes

>Just to get back into the swing of things, I called someone a "poor,
>poor sad little cunt" on alt.flame if that helps at all.

I fear not. Calling someone a sad little cunt on alt.flame is little
more than the inevitable outcome of a self-administered purgative. Were
you to slip over to alt.romance and throw a fuck in Dumbo, or Dolby, or
whatever his name was, probably still is, then the real men here might
consider your rehabilitation only just begun. Alternatively you could
crosspost a harmless troll into misc.writing without telling Gilbert.
The Irony thread remains viable over there, complete with oven-ready
demoiselle ready for the stuffing.

RJM.

Mary Lincoln

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

On 20 Apr 1998 08:48:59 GMT, sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat)
wrote:

>Do you have any advice? Pointers to resources: a website, magazine
>article or book on this subject, maybe?

Don't go out. Don't get dressed.

Mary

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Robert Mau...@etymon.de

> consider your rehabilitation only just begun. Alternatively you could

> crosspost a harmless troll into misc.writing without telling Gilbert.
> The Irony thread remains viable over there, complete with oven-ready
> demoiselle ready for the stuffing.

Without telling Gilbert? Leave me out of another foray and both of you
go to the damned wall. Oh, by the way, g...@ne.uswest.net invited me back
into alt.romance.chat, in defence of a demoiselle named charlene, a
woman tommy doyle took to abusing because she took to abusing his
wretched poetry. That sort of thing. It's been mildly amusing.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by "Menjy"@HAHAPALMJOBhotma

> Right. Where were we?

We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of
misc.writing's subliterate rabble. But we discovered that i have no
sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he
decked me. And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied
him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Adrian Smith

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

In article <gpCroLy00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
>en.. by "Menjy"@HAHAPALMJOBhotma
>
>> Right. Where were we?
>
>We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of
>misc.writing's subliterate rabble.

Oh dear. Team trolling. Just as I was starting to get the better of my
old reflexes, but I suppose I'll have to download it. Darwin's message
must be heard, and it's certainly disappeared from antU.

>But we discovered that i have no
>sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he
>decked me.

Another Adrian, surely. I'm reformed, and shall wax mellifluous given
half a chancre.

>And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied
>him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
>her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.

--
Adrian Smith

Menjy

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes wrote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
>en.. by "Menjy"@HAHAPALMJOBhotma
>
>> Right. Where were we?
>
>We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of

>misc.writing's subliterate rabble. But we discovered that i have no

>sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he

>decked me. And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied

>him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
>her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.

Sounds it. Before I try to salvage my reputation by spewing a little
venom here and there, I think I should inform you all that our favourite
little punching bag is back.

Yes, Biil was last spotted in alt.fan.karl-malden.nose lecturing someone
about beebling. I think that was it - you know how it is with Palmjob.

Back to "Readerlorn", I suppose.

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Menjy wrote:

>>> Right. Where were we?

GVBW IV wrote:

> We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts
> of misc.writing's subliterate rabble.

May I recommend rec.arts.sf.composition?

Please form the conga line here....

Subject: I posted a story for comments in rec.arts.prose...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.composition
From: Marks Robert B (4r...@qlink.queensu.ca)

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Menjy wrote:

>>> Right. Where were we?

GVBW IV wrote:

> We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts
> of misc.writing's subliterate rabble.

May I recommend rec.arts.sf.composition?

Adrian Smith

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

In article <EaxXBTAo...@millenia3.demon.co.uk>, Adrian Smith
<Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes

>I suppose I'll have to download it.

Eeeeeeee...now I'll have to boil my head for *hours*.

Very nasty.
--
Adrian Smith

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Palmjob's lurking - be
prep.. by "Menjy"@NOSPAMwilhelp.co

> Yes, Biil was last spotted in alt.fan.karl-malden.nose lecturing someone
> about beebling. I think that was it - you know how it is with Palmjob.
>
> Back to "Readerlorn", I suppose.

Fascinating, Mark. A "palmjob sighting", rather like an elvis sighting,
only in this case one "sights" a jiggly little depends undergarment
wearing rube, a rube that when challenged will depart so quickly that
clocks run backwards. Should our wayward boy return to us--and it is
inevitable that he will--i suggest we do as you suggested last time,
only this time we do it with grace, tact, style, finesse, and all those
things we have never, ever demonstrated in the past, and in all
likelihood will never demonstrate in the future. i just thought i'd
suggest it anyway. That sort of thing. Meanwhile, mark, we should circle
the contributers like one might circle one's wagons. We'll need cover
from palmjob's flaming arrows, those little devices with the
suction-cups.

> ---
> Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi
sanguineus"

> http://extra.newsguy.com/~fgentry (updated 15th Apr 98)

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Mary Lincoln

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:51:35 -0400, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
>en.. by "Menjy"@HAHAPALMJOBhotma
>
>> Right. Where were we?
>

>We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of

>misc.writing's subliterate rabble. But we discovered that i have no
>sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he
>decked me. And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied
>him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
>her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.

Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?

Mary

Asbestos Dust

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

My God, you'd leave THAT nekkid? What about the children? Won't
someone please think of the children?

AD

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <353b8dad...@enews.newsguy.com> ma...@parasite.wilhelp.com
("Manjy Misfit") writes:

Sometimes I have a hard time deciding if Mangy's lack
of honesty is more egregious than his lack of writing
talent or vice-versa. Suffice it to say he has little
or none of either. Take what happened today as an example.

Today, I flamed Mangy twice in alt.flame and other
appropriate groups. No, NOT in rec.arts.prose; you
WON'T see those flames of mine here.

That's my point.

I really flayed our famous mutt Mangy, and you are welcome
to go over to alt.flame and read all about it. Anyway,
what does our toasted and desperate party do? Does
he write and post a good flame in alt.flame to get
back at me? Of course not.

That's what a FLAMER would do, not a talentless coward
like Mangy.

Instead, the Mangy One comes over here to rec.arts.prose, where
his flames are unwelcome and off-topic and off and he flames me
over here! Cowards do things like that. No guts, no respect
for newsgroup topics.

Mangy seems to think he is somehow safer being--like his pals
Flame Man Mingo and Wormy Wilkes--"big flamers" in non-flaming
newsgroups.

>Gilbert Vanburen "Wormy" Wilkes wrote:
>
>>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 20-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize
the
>>en.. by "Menjy"@HAHAPALMJOBhotma

[...]

>Sounds it. Before I try to salvage my reputation by spewing a little
>venom here and there, I think I should inform you all that our
favourite
>little punching bag is back.
>

>Yes, Biil was last spotted in alt.fan.karl-malden.nose lecturing
someone
>about beebling.

In other words, *I* posted an ON-TOPIC flame in a flame
newsgroup and YOU "respond" by posting an OFF-TOPIC flame
in a NON-FLAME group in order to tell your pals (making up
less than one percent of the rec.arts.prose readership) all
about it, Mangy. That's low of you, but typical, because you--
like Wormy--consider r.a.p. your personal flame pit. Since
I do a lot of flaming in flame newsgroups, is it now your
intention to follow me up in rec.arts.prose with your
off-topic posts each time I make an on-topic posting in
alt.flame or alt.fan.karl-malden.nose, Mangy? I wouldn't
put it past a lowlife such as yourself.

Of course, our talentless, spinless Mangy continues
to insult everyone named Palmer with a second-grade,
name mangling epithet.

>Palmjob.
>
>Back to "Readerlorn", I suppose.

If you are saying that "Lovelorn" proves far superior to
anything YOU have posted here, I think most readers will
agree, Mangy. It was a sad day for this newsgroup when
Wormy Wilkes sucked you over to r.a.p. with his malicious
crossposting, and a sadder one for the rest of us when you
decided to hang around.

Author of Confessions of a Killfile Coward, Lovelorn, Gothic
Whispers, Proud Amateurs and Their Usenet Writing, On Misunder-
standing Stevens, Symbolism: One-hundred Years of Neglect, Facts in
the Case of Bill Palmer, and hundreds of other famous net articles.

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Mary Lincoln

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 01:05:24 GMT, nos...@here.buddy (Asbestos Dust)
wrote:

But...I thought the children were grown, out of the nest? Isn't HCC
an old man with a paunch littered with a smattering of gray hairs? Or
am I thinking of someone else?

Mary

Asbestos Dust

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On 21 Apr 1998 01:38:41 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

(....) Snipped for use as kindling, but it's too soggy to burn.

Hey, Bill, buddy, pal, friend o' mine. Long time no see. You back to
shit in your messkit again, or was this just a drive-by mooning? I
noticed, by the way, that those blisters on your ass are nearly gone,
and the more serious burns are scarring nicely. I TOLD everyone you'd
survive the slow roasting you took during your last tour here.

Seriously, though, as a friend, take my advice. You should take your
road show back to the flame pits where you can compete on a
more-or-less equal footing with the other little boys calling each
other naughty names on their daddy's computer. I know this is tough
to hear from one you look up to and regard as highly as you do me, a
mentor, as it were, but you're just gonna look stupid again, and God
knows how everyone here hates to make you look stupid.

Following Mejy over here to whine reminds me of someone....oh! I
know! There's a couple of nasty, raggedy old ex-porn stars tracking
each other all over the web calling one another AIDS-infested sluts.
This "Bill Palmer" gig doesn't happen to be a cover for ol' Brandy A.,
does it? It's not too great a stretch to believe that anyone who gets
publicly humiliated as often as you probably used to do it on
videotape with a smile. C'mon, Brandy, 'fess up.

AD

Adrian Smith

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes

>Fascinating, Mark. A "palmjob sighting", rather like an elvis sighting,

>only in this case one "sights" a jiggly little depends undergarment
>wearing rube, a rube that when challenged will depart so quickly that
>clocks run backwards. Should our wayward boy return to us--and it is
>inevitable that he will--i suggest we do as you suggested last time,
>only this time we do it with grace, tact, style, finesse, and all those
>things we have never, ever demonstrated in the past, and in all
>likelihood will never demonstrate in the future. i just thought i'd
>suggest it anyway. That sort of thing. Meanwhile, mark, we should circle
>the contributers like one might circle one's wagons. We'll need cover
>from palmjob's flaming arrows, those little devices with the
>suction-cups.

Why does it labour under the delusion that anyone in the flame groups
respects it despite the fact that it has been lovingly deep-fried more
times than anyone can remember? Why does it appear to have been
convinced of the life-extending properties of donkey semen? Why have I
taken it out of my billfile - have I perhaps forgotten what wank is,
needing a touchstone to recall the concept?

The instruments we have agree,
Inadequate exiguity.
--
Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <353c2081...@news.cooke.net>, Asbestos Dust
<nos...@here.buddy> writes

>You should take your
>road show back to the flame pits where you can compete on a
>more-or-less equal footing with the other little boys calling each
>other naughty names on their daddy's computer.

Not the case, I'm afraid. Quite as outgunned there as anywhere.
--
Adrian Smith

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In message <354353dc....@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
Mary Lincoln (mlin...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

> Don't go out. Don't get dressed.

Even if I did compose my works in the buff, I'd still have to leave
the house occasionally, wouldn't I. You do leave your place of
residence now and again, don't you, Mary? Cyberspace is no substitute
for RL.

When necessity dictates that I must leave the house, here's what I do.
I don on my trousers but leave the zipper unzipped and the fly
unbuttoned. Then I tie my shoes. Only after the shoes are tied do I
zip, button and buckle belt. No torn trouser seams!

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Never mind the wimps of MiscWritingVille. I unsubscribed from that
newsgroup months ago and have no intention of looking back. Nothing
but a waste of time, that lot.

Here's a shortlist of rasf* regulars who will give you a decent
flamewar. If you see someone posting in both rec.arts.sf.fandom _and_
rec.arts.sf.composition, you can be reasonably certain you've got
supreme flamebait in your sights.

Liz Holiday <L...@gila.demon.co.uk>
Reminiscent of Liz Taylor in _Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf_.
Publisher of a UK SF short story magazine that pays well. You won't
touch her!

Patricia A. Swan (zaf...@super.zippo.com)
Moderator of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. You wouldn't dare!

Patrick Nielsen Hayden <p...@panix.com>
Editor-in-chief of the SF department at Tor Books. He rules every SF
conferencing area in cyberspace. Darest thou spar with him?

Gary Farber <gfa...@panix.com>
High-ballistic psychotic, an awe-inspiring spectacle to behold.

Pete McCutchen <PMccu...@aol.com>
Yes, he is an attorney.

Jim Bailey <jba...@sff.net>
Excitable fanboy.

Dan Goodman <dsg...@visi.com>
Former IRS employee. Took an early retirement from the federal
government. Did the feds fear he'd go postal?

LAME WARNING: trolling and flaming violate netiquette and could result
in the termination of your account. I do not endorse these practices.

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <6hgtb1$p...@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>,

wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:
> If you are saying that "Lovelorn" proves far superior to
> anything YOU have posted here, I think most readers will
> agree, Mangy. It was a sad day for this newsgroup when
> Wormy Wilkes sucked you over to r.a.p. with his malicious
> crossposting, and a sadder one for the rest of us when you
> decided to hang around.

> Author of Confessions of a Killfile Coward, Lovelorn, Gothic
> Whispers, Proud Amateurs and Their Usenet Writing, On Misunder-
> standing Stevens, Symbolism: One-hundred Years of Neglect, Facts in
> the Case of Bill Palmer, and hundreds of other famous net articles.

Hi Bill, thanks for dropping by. You've been busy writing have you?
I'd be grateful if you'd spare the time to comment on "Hotel Bar" or
"Railway Station", I'll return the compliment when you post your next
famous article. BTW Y do you have a list of articles in your .sig file?
--
"there ain't no devil,
there's just god when he's drunk."

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <Ax0mbKA5...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith

That's precisely why cowards such as Wormy Wilkes, AD,
and Mangy prefer to do their flaming in an off-topic
fashion in rec.arts.prose. They cower in the flame group
environment where my flames have made me the most flamer
in net history and the world champion of net flaming. Yet,
they attack me with off-topic flames in rec.arts.prose where
I don't like to flame at all. In fact, I like to flame
in non-flaming newsgroups about as much as a world champion
boxer likes to get into a fight in every bookstore or
restaurant he visits! Wormy and the others know that
about me, and they know that in rec.arts.prose I will
only respond to their flames in a very curtailed fashion,
when I respond at all.

For my part, I have always drawn a very clear distinction
between flaming and non-flaming newsgroups. I certainly
have earned my credentials as a serious rec.arts.prose
poster, too. After all, I first posted such prose works as
"Confessions of a Killfile Coward", "Lovelorn", "Gothic
Whispers", "Proud Amateurs and Their Usenet Writing", "On
Misunderstanding Stevens" and many dozens of other very
well-known articles in r.a.p. None of the above articles
are flames, by the way.

As a flame champion who writes and posts many
non-flaming articles, I object to the way people like
Wormy Wilkes and a few others try to turn rec.arts.prose
into their peresonal flame pits. There are plenty of
flaming groups now available, and I try to do all my
flaming in them. There is no justification at all
for attempting to turn rec.arts.prose into a flame
pit. I have learned by email that some posters here
are afraid to denounce Wilkes, since they know he will
begin sliming them, so I can understand Adrian's
reluctance to deal with the truth of the matter.
Even so, I think it is high time that people began
to let Wormy Wilkes and his sorry ilk know that
flames are not welcome or needed in rec.art.prose.

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

>--
>Adrian Smith

Menjy

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Palmjob wrote:

[...]

>I really flayed our famous mutt Mangy, and you are welcome
>to go over to alt.flame and read all about it.

Are you really trying to widen the audience for your most recent display
of cluelessness?

You accused me yet again of being Dave Kendrick, you bleated a little
about your complete humiliation at the hands of Arnaud Fercq, and you
moaned about being voted second worst flamer 1997.

And, ever the hypocrite, you complained about name-mangling.

Remember "Marred Ballock" and Lousy MacLemon", Palmjob?
[...]

>If you are saying that "Lovelorn" proves far superior to
>anything YOU have posted here, I think most readers will
>agree, Mangy.

I doubt it, Palmjob. I doubt it very much indeed.

[...]

No go away, you silly, boring little man. You're not welcome here.

Robert Maughan

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Harry Claude Cat <sy_s...@bigfoot.com> writes

>Here's a shortlist of rasf* regulars who will give you a decent
>flamewar. If you see someone posting in both rec.arts.sf.fandom _and_
>rec.arts.sf.composition, you can be reasonably certain you've got
>supreme flamebait in your sights.

Are you hiring, HCC?

Or indiscriminately rabble rousing?

I know Holiday. Not personally. Good woman to know.

RJM.

Mary Lincoln

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On 21 Apr 1998 07:27:54 GMT, sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat)
wrote:

>In message <354353dc....@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,

>Mary Lincoln (mlin...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>
>> Don't go out. Don't get dressed.
>
>Even if I did compose my works in the buff, I'd still have to leave
>the house occasionally, wouldn't I. You do leave your place of
>residence now and again, don't you, Mary?

When I feel strong enough to carry my oxygen tank, I occasionally go
to the grocery store.

> Cyberspace is no substitute
>for RL.

True. In cyberspace, can you hack up quarts of phlegm daily? Can you
cough up brilliant streaks of blood? No substitute whatsoever.

>When necessity dictates that I must leave the house, here's what I do.
>I don on my trousers but leave the zipper unzipped and the fly
>unbuttoned. Then I tie my shoes. Only after the shoes are tied do I
>zip, button and buckle belt. No torn trouser seams!

How resourceful you are, HCC! But do you wash your hair?

Mary

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <353c2081...@news.cooke.net> nos...@here.buddy (Asbestos Dust)
writes:

>On 21 Apr 1998 01:38:41 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:
>
>(....) Snipped for use as kindling, but it's too soggy to burn.

[...] The talentless, ignorant--and fake named--
"Asbestos Dust" does a lot of beating around the bush
in order to try and stand the situation with Mangy
on its head. The fact is, *I* posted an on-topic
flame in alt.flame. I did NOT post it in rec.arts.
prose. Due to his cowardice, MANGY decided to post
his response to my alt.flame post in rec.arts.prose.

In other words, Mangy, as usual, was posting off-topic
flames in rec.arts.prose. Yet, AD the fake tells ME
to go back to alt.flame! Fact is, *I* posted serious
articles in rec.arts.prose for two years without
flaming--or being flamed by--ANYONE, so Asbestos Dust
the Semi-Lilterate phony is himself flaming the
wrong party. He should address his whines to
the Mangy Misfit. Better yet, he should stay out
of rec.arts.prose, where he has yet to post one
notable article. Of course, rather than posting
prose, AD ironically accuses ME, a two-year r.a.p.
poster, of "following the Mangy Misfit" into rec.arts.
prose!

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <eBZhHFAO...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith
<Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:

>In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen
>"Wormy" Wilkes
><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes his fantasies about why he
>tries to turn rec.arts.prose into his personal flame
>pit.

>Why does it labour under the delusion that anyone in the flame groups
>respects it despite the fact that it has been lovingly deep-fried more
>times than anyone can remember?

And just what would YOU know about "flame groups", pray tell?
In other words, the World Champion of Flaming, who flames
in groups like alt.flamee and tries to avoid flaming in
non-flaming groups like rec.arts.prose, is now declared by
flame-nobody Adrian Smith to be a non-flamer like Wormy Wilkes.

Why does it appear to have been
>convinced of the life-extending properties of donkey semen?

Now you are sounding more and more like the Wormy One
himself! His favorite trick is posting his own fantasies
and trying to ascribe them to his opponents. Most people
understand where the notions originate, though. YOU have
the thing about donkeys, by your own words. I don't.

>Why have I
>taken it out of my billfile - have I perhaps forgotten what wank is,
>needing a touchstone to recall the concept?

Never heard such drivel! You apparently are one of the
two or three people reading Wormy Wilkes. He has been
known to corrode minds, and he would certainly seem to
have corroded yours, providing you had a mind to begin
with.

Menjy

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Palmjob wrote:

[...]

> my flames have made me the most flamer in net history

The "w" is upside-down, and you omitted an "r". HTH

Menjy

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Palmjob wrote:

>Asbestos Dust writes:
>>wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

>>(....) Snipped for use as kindling, but it's too soggy to burn.
>

>[...] Due to his cowardice, MANGY decided to post
>his response to my alt.flame post in rec.arts.prose. [...]

No I didn't, you drooling moron. My reply to the steaming mound of
Biilshit you deposited in alt.flame is on (surprise, surprise)
alt.flame.

My article on *this* forum merely warned the readers that we may be
subjected to more mastubatory outpourings such as "Readerlorn", or
whatever you called that dreadful piece of "prose".

Now go away, you talentless, verbose little bedwetter.

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Palmjob, alt.flame's
2nd-wo.. by "Menjy"@NOSPAMwilhelp.co

> Palmjob wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > my flames have made me the most flamer in net history
>
> The "w" is upside-down, and you omitted an "r". HTH

"My flames have made me the most flamer ... ?" Ah. Palmjob returns to
us, as subliterate as ever. Strike "flames", "most flamer" etc., insert
failures, biggest failure. There. The mot just.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Paine Ellsworth

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

where his influence stops. - Henry Adams

Mary Lincoln wrote:

> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes wrote:
>
> >We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of
> >misc.writing's subliterate rabble. But we discovered that i have no
> >sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he
> >decked me. And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied
> >him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
> >her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.
> >
> Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
> chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?
>
> Mary

nothing to forgive -- it was *the* look i was trying for!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine (boiled my way in, boiled my way out <g>) Ellsworth
xoxoxox
Free Self-Help Book for NewComers -- The Internet Story
http://home.att.net/~Ron.Lehl-Bach/PAINE.ELLSWORTH

Paine Ellsworth

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Asbestos Dust wrote:

> Mary Lincoln wrote:

> >Harry Claude Cat wrote:
> >
> >>Do you have any advice? Pointers to resources: a website, magazine
> >>article or book on this subject, maybe?
> >

> >Don't go out. Don't get dressed.
> >

> >Mary
> >
> My God, you'd leave THAT nekkid? What about the children? Won't
> someone please think of the children?
>

> AD

yo Dusty! -- you sound like you could use a stay in a
naturist resort!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine (where nude ain't crude) Ellsworth

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Mary Lin...@ix.netcom.c

> >him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
> >her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.
> >
> Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
> chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?

Mary?--running with a joke? Bless you, Mary. Well done!

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In message <Jf8XIXBM...@etymon.demon.co.uk>,
Robert Maughan (r...@etymon.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: Are you hiring, HCC?

Go after Bill Palmer and Mayor Mingo again? Dreary. You'd have to
pay me.

: Or indiscriminately rabble rousing?

Indiscriminately? It's a shortlist, isn't it? Names thoughtfully
culled from a field of worthy candidates, dozens of 'em. Give me due
credit, I'm a discriminating rabble rouser.

: I know Holiday. Not personally. Good woman to know.

In what sense of the word "know," Maughan? Wish I'd known Liz Taylor
when _Virginia Woolf_ was being shot. Trouble is: I was only eight
years old at the time.

Gilbert! Where is Gilbert? What say you?

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Delusions of Adrian
Smith by billshit bill pal...@ix.netcom.com

> In <eBZhHFAO...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith
> <Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:
> >
> >In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen
> >"Wormy" Wilkes
> ><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes his fantasies about why he
> >tries to turn rec.arts.prose into his personal flame
> >pit.

Did i write that? Well, no, i didn't. And yet the above is quoted text.
Ah, look everyone. Billshit bill palmer now sinks to the level of
altering quoted text. How befitting of his wretched character, wouldn't
you say? If only his depends undergarments were half as well fitted:
then we wouldn't need to replace the carpets in rec.arts.prose so often.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Adrian Smith

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <6hhmv4$j...@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, wil...@ix.netcom.com
writes

>In <eBZhHFAO...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith
><Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen
>>"Wormy" Wilkes
>><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes his fantasies about why he
>>tries to turn rec.arts.prose into his personal flame
>>pit.
>
>>Why does it labour under the delusion that anyone in the flame groups
>>respects it despite the fact that it has been lovingly deep-fried more
>>times than anyone can remember?
>
>And just what would YOU know about "flame groups", pray tell?
>In other words, the World Champion of Flaming, who flames
>in groups like alt.flamee and tries to avoid flaming in
>non-flaming groups like rec.arts.prose, is now declared by
>flame-nobody Adrian Smith to be a non-flamer like Wormy Wilkes.

Who said rec.arts.prose was a non-flaming group? You're thinking of
misc.writing, where tender shoots are shielded from the rays of noon,
perhaps.

Bad prose is an invitation to a barbecue.

What would you like to be basted with?

>Why does it appear to have been
>>convinced of the life-extending properties of donkey semen?
>
>Now you are sounding more and more like the Wormy One
>himself! His favorite trick is posting his own fantasies
>and trying to ascribe them to his opponents. Most people
>understand where the notions originate, though. YOU have
>the thing about donkeys, by your own words. I don't.

No, biil. It's a metaphor. You suck donkey dick. I'll try and be less
oblique in future.

>>Why have I
>>taken it out of my billfile - have I perhaps forgotten what wank is,
>>needing a touchstone to recall the concept?
>
>Never heard such drivel! You apparently are one of the
>two or three people reading Wormy Wilkes. He has been
>known to corrode minds, and he would certainly seem to
>have corroded yours, providing you had a mind to begin
>with.

No, biil. Inasmuch as any consensus exists on the flame groups (where
I've done my time, unnoticed by you or not), it's that HFW and you act
as reference points of lameness for all to steer by and (more
importantly) away from. This is a service of a sort.

You take no feedback. You have no learning curve. Darwin has nothing to
teach you, as you repeat the same phrases in slightly varying
permutations to various Usenet posters stunned into speechlessness that
anything so stupid can breathe without assistance.

In the near future, writing a program that can produce convincing
palmjob posts may well be set as an exercise for students of artificial
intelligence, which latter term should not be taken too literally, for
the purpose of attempting a Turing test.

If they get their fingers out, they might be in time to pit it against
you. I can imagine a certain amount of money changing hands, but sadly
not in your direction.
--
Adrian Smith

Robert Maughan

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Harry Claude Cat <sy_s...@bigfoot.com> writes

>: Are you hiring, HCC?

>Go after Bill Palmer and Mayor Mingo again? Dreary. You'd have to
>pay me.

Dunno what this means. I meant: are you seeking mercenaries to assist
you in some cause?

>: Or indiscriminately rabble rousing?
>
>Indiscriminately? It's a shortlist, isn't it? Names thoughtfully
>culled from a field of worthy candidates, dozens of 'em. Give me due
>credit, I'm a discriminating rabble rouser.

The rabble you would be rousing is us. You see how that works?

>: I know Holiday. Not personally. Good woman to know.
>
>In what sense of the word "know," Maughan? Wish I'd known Liz Taylor
>when _Virginia Woolf_ was being shot. Trouble is: I was only eight
>years old at the time.

In the sense aware of - her name and reputation. I saw W.A.O.V.W. the
play, in the West End of London. I wasn't eight.

RJM.

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
Excuse f.. by @ix.netcom.com

[...] mercy snip.

What were you saying amidst all your whines and shrieks and bitter
complaints, palmjob?--you thought it was "high time" people advise me
that your flames are unwelcome here? Well, when they do, i'll let you
know. Until then, enjoy yourself.

PS: try not to leak on the carpeting, little one. Okay? Thank you.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <isb+sFAE...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith

<Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:

>In article <6hhmv4$j...@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>,
wil...@ix.netcom.com
>writes
>>In <eBZhHFAO...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith
>><Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>>
>>>In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen
>>>"Wormy" Wilkes
>>><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes his fantasies about why he
>>>tries to turn rec.arts.prose into his personal flame
>>>pit.
>>
>>>Why does it labour under the delusion that anyone in the flame
groups
>>>respects it despite the fact that it has been lovingly deep-fried
more
>>>times than anyone can remember?
>>
>>And just what would YOU know about "flame groups", pray tell?
>>In other words, the World Champion of Flaming, who flames
>>in groups like alt.flamee and tries to avoid flaming in
>>non-flaming groups like rec.arts.prose, is now declared by
>>flame-nobody Adrian Smith to be a non-flamer like Wormy Wilkes.
>
>Who said rec.arts.prose was a non-flaming group?

Of course r.a.p. is a non-flaming group, despite the behavior
of your pal, The Wormy One. We have well over one-dozen very
active flame groups on the net, and there exists no honest
reason for trying to turn non-flaming newsgroups like
rec.arts.prose into personal flame pits for the Wormy
Wilkes of the world.

You're thinking of
>misc.writing, where tender shoots are shielded from the rays of noon,
>perhaps.
>
>Bad prose is an invitation to a barbecue.

Then no doubt we can anticipate your opening a "rib shack"
with yourself as the only item on the menu, Adrian. Good
luck in your business venture.

>What would you like to be basted with?
>
>>Why does it appear to have been
>>>convinced of the life-extending properties of donkey semen?
>>
>>Now you are sounding more and more like the Wormy One
>>himself! His favorite trick is posting his own fantasies
>>and trying to ascribe them to his opponents. Most people
>>understand where the notions originate, though. YOU have
>>the thing about donkeys, by your own words. I don't.
>
>No, biil. It's a metaphor. You suck donkey dick.

Just as I said, you--like Wormy Wilkes--reveal your
predilictions all too well as you try in vain to
ascribe them to your opponent. The reason *I*
don't respond with equal garbage-tossing is that I
know very well most of the readers are never deceived
as to whose "mind" it emanates from, Adrian. The
only posts I have read by you have focused on your
bestiality, which you make plain is a subject very
much in your thoughts.

I'll try and be less
>oblique in future.
>
>>>Why have I
>>>taken it out of my billfile - have I perhaps forgotten what wank is,
>>>needing a touchstone to recall the concept?
>>
>>Never heard such drivel! You apparently are one of the
>>two or three people reading Wormy Wilkes. He has been
>>known to corrode minds, and he would certainly seem to
>>have corroded yours, providing you had a mind to begin
>>with.
>
>No, biil. Inasmuch as any consensus exists on the flame groups (where
>I've done my time, unnoticed by you or not), it's that HFW and you act
>as reference points of lameness for all to steer by and (more
>importantly) away from. This is a service of a sort.

In other words, you have read the drivel of the many sore
flame war losers infesting the lower rungs of alt.flame,
so you now think you know what's going on, Adrian. Sorry to
disappoint you, but people who have never posted a notable
flame or even a memorable subject line having nothing
intelligent to tell you about flaming. From such losers,
you only hear about their grudges due to flame wars lost
and deserved toastings rendered. Find the party that the
majority of such flame-war lees and dregs resent the most,
and you have found a champion flamer. Yet who can blame
your "sources" for their spiteful distortions? After all, when
someone kicks you in the butt, you likely don't turn around
and say, "My, my, what a wonderful kick you have! What grace!
What style!" In plain English, you always need to consider
the source, and talentless, embittered "sources" need a bit
of interpretation.

>You take no feedback. You have no learning curve. Darwin has nothing
>teach you, as you repeat the same phrases in slightly varying
>permutations to various Usenet posters stunned into speechlessness
that
>anything so stupid can breathe without assistance.

In other words, that's why so many "Adrian Smith" articles
are well-known on the net, and no one reads articles by
"Bill Palmer"! Next, it will be alt.genius.adrian-smith...

>In the near future, writing a program that can produce convincing

And of course Adrian the Obscure WOULD insult everyone having
the good name Palmer:

>palmjob posts may well be set as an exercise for students of
artificial
>intelligence, which latter term should not be taken too literally, for
>the purpose of attempting a Turing test.
>
>If they get their fingers out, they might be in time to pit it against
>you. I can imagine

Yes, you are clearly given over to your own fantasies,
Adrian. Your remarks unreasonably attributing to others
your great interest in bestiality make that plain enough.

>a certain amount of money changing hands, but sadly
>not in your direction.

Take it from the "successful writer" Adrian Smith!
>--
>Adrian Smith

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In message <41n7ydCi...@etymon.demon.co.uk>,
Robert Maughan <r...@etymon.demon.co.uk> wrote:
: Harry Claude Cat <sy_s...@bigfoot.com> writes

:> I'm a discriminating rabble rouser.

: The rabble you would be rousing is us.

A discriminating rabble. A rousing rabble.

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <IpDDVJ_00...@andrew.cmu.edu> Gilbert Vanburen "Wormy" Wilkes

<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
>Excuse f.. by @ix.netcom.com
>
>[...] mercy snip.
>
>What were you saying amidst all your whines and shrieks and bitter
>complaints,

And of course our talentless fake, Wormy, continues to
insult--in his puerile, guttersnipe fashion--all having
the name Palmer.

palmjob?--you thought it was "high time" people advise me
>that your flames are unwelcome here? Well, when they do, i'll let you
>know. Until then, enjoy yourself.

Wormy, you know very well that the reason most people
just ignore your drivel, rather than telling you to
get lost, is that they are afraid of you.

Now, I don't mean "afraid" in the sense of a physical
initimidation; that's not what I learned from all
the e-mail about you I received from a few of the great
many rec.arts.prose readers who hate your guts, Wilkes.

They are afraid of you in the way people are
"afraid" of a terrible stench, Wormy Wilkes.
They avoid it, since if they do otherwise, it
might rub off on THEM.

What I have learned about you, Wormy, is that
people are afraid if they tell you to take a hike
you will start oozing in thier direction, so to
speak, eventually surrounding them with your
repulsive psychic effluvia, Wilkes.

In other words, Wilkes, you will use your only "weapon"
and you will drool your perverted fantasies over your
critics posts until you sicken them. That's the way
slime like you operates, Wormy. The revbulsion you
create in others represents your only, though horrible,
weapon.

I would probably be afraid of you too, since you DO
generate a preternatural aura of disgust around yourself,
I must admit (giving you fair credit, Wilkes). Nonetheless,
my own protective skills include a sort of "metaphorical
haz-mat" for dealing with malodorous, embittered,
talentless, slimy rubbish such as yourself.

Yes, Wormy, I--with clothespin firmly attached to my nose
and with tough anti-toxic gloves in place firmly over
my hands--will continue to rub your nose in your
own messes, though (as you know) I would but for your
incessant off-topic "laming" of me in rec.arts.prose
strongly prefer to perform that public service in the
flame groups rather than here.

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In <UpDC_qK00...@andrew.cmu.edu> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Delusions of
Adrian
>Smith by billshit bill pal...@ix.netcom.com
>

>> >In article <0pCyn=u00iV9...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen
>> >"Wormy" Wilkes

>> ><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes his fantasies about why he
>> >tries to turn rec.arts.prose into his personal flame
>> >pit.
>
>Did i write that? Well, no, i didn't. And yet the above is quoted
text.
>Ah, look everyone.

[Yes, look at the Wormy One pulling a new smelly red
herring from his dirty sleeve! Wilkes embodies the
spitting image of the sleazy, busted card sharp trying
another frantic ploy.]

The fact is, Wormy, your allegation, as usual, proves
poorly-conceived and totally lacking in merit.

You whine you didn't write the above material (following
the word "writes"). Yet, the fact remains that you did
not write the word "writes", either. It was written FOR
YOU by a computer, though it was improperly attributed to
you, Wilkes.

Much worse, the computer in question chose the wrong
word to use, Wormy. You don't "write". You drool.
Or you slobber. Or you emanate evil-smelling
effluvia. Therefore, since you did not protest when
the computer added the word "writes" and it was the
wrong word for characterizing your repulsive drivel,
why do YOU now object when *I* add a few helpful words
of explanation for the readers?

>Billshit bill palmer now sinks to the level of

>altering quoted text. [...]

Look at it as my clarifying the error of a computer
which altered your quoted text by its adding the word
"writes" after your email address when the word "writes"
was by no means appropriate for describing your noxious
verbal effluvia, Wilkes...

[...]

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Mary Lincoln

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:04:48 -0400, Paine Ellsworth
<stars...@geocities.com> wrote:

> where his influence stops. - Henry Adams
>

>Mary Lincoln wrote:
>>
>> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes wrote:
>>
>> >We were about to form a conga line and dance our way into the hearts of
>> >misc.writing's subliterate rabble. But we discovered that i have no
>> >sense of rhythm. i stepped on adrian's heels once too many times so he
>> >decked me. And then robert pulled ron's tights up over his head and tied

>> >him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
>> >her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.
>> >
>> Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
>> chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?
>>

>> Mary
>
>nothing to forgive -- it was *the* look i was trying for!

Oh, Paine! You are too easy to please. I thought you'd object, at
least, to red. I was ready to compromise on green and try a different
look.

Mary

Mary Lincoln

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:44:06 -0400, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
>en.. by Mary Lin...@ix.netcom.c
>

>> >him off like a hefty bag. mary wouldn't shut up about it so chris pushed
>> >her head into a bunt cake. It was a mess.
>> >
>> Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
>> chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?
>

>Mary?--running with a joke? Bless you, Mary. Well done!

This is what happens when you believe your own lies. You know I am
*reputed* to be humorless. But thanks.

Mary

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

> From: wil...@ix.netcom.com ()
> Subject: Re: Delusions of Adrian Smith
> Date: 21 Apr 1998 21:24:48 GMT

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Delusions of Adrian
Smith by billshit bill pal...@ix.netcom.com

[...] more of the same from billshit bill palmer

Adrian? Menjy? AD? Chris? Robert? Please!--a hearty round of applause
for our billshit bill palmer, just now returned to us from the grim
silences of spankdom. The rube returns to us, as sweaty, as jiggly, as
anxious as ever. Oh, his depends undergarments may be all in a twist
now, but wait until his white-lab coated handlers hose him down and
change him. He'll strut about, preening, primping, prancing, grinning
obscenely, coquettishly shaking his massive buttocks at us in a
grotesque gesture of affection. But please, comrades, treat the boy
*gently*. He suffers from both a spastic colon and a nervous bladder. If
you spook him, he urinates and deficates in a spasm of terror and takes
flight like a misfired scud missile, spiraling violently into the sky
until it self-destructs. So, if we want the bloated little capon with
the pineapple sized prostate to share his prose with us--and we
do!--please recall what *fun* we had with "readerlorn" and "gothic
whimpers"--then we must *all* foreswear spanking the bloated little
floater off the net *this* time. Chris? Are you listening, Chris? Chris?
Please, Chris, put away the blowtorch. Menjy? Hand over the power-sander
and the nail-gun. Adrian! Adrian! Give me that spikey club! Mein Gott
but you lot disappoint me! Ugh.

In sum: welcome back, palmjob. Please share with us whatever you wish.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Shortlist: Targets
of O.. by Harry Claude Cat@bigfoot

> : I know Holiday. Not personally. Good woman to know.
>
> In what sense of the word "know," Maughan? Wish I'd known Liz Taylor
> when _Virginia Woolf_ was being shot. Trouble is: I was only eight
> years old at the time.
>

> Gilbert! Where is Gilbert? What say you?

What say i? Oh, nothing that would interest you, Harry. But why do you
treat us as if we were a mercenary band? We seek only to support the
enterprise of written expression.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: How to recognize the
en.. by Paine Ellsworth@geocitie

> > Surely I can be forgiven for commenting how very like a scalded
> > chrysalis Ron looked, stuffed into those red tights?
> >

> > Mary
>
> nothing to forgive -- it was *the* look i was trying for!

Mein Gott!--et tu, paine, keeping the ball in motion? Bless you. i
*adore* running gags.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Asbestos Dust

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:09:48 -0400, Paine Ellsworth
<stars...@geocities.com> wrote:

>yo Dusty! -- you sound like you could use a stay in a
>naturist resort!

I agree with the general sentiment, but unfortunately I'm one of those
unreconstructed pigs who believes that if God had meant us to be
naked, He wouldn't have given us Whoopie Goldberg.

I'm much too unevolved to believe that the human form per se is
"beautiful". In point of fact, anything hovering around the standard
deviation from normally attractive is relatively easy to deal with,
but *ugly* nekkid folk are an affront to nature.

Mired as I am in the "marginally acceptable" range (lower end of the
scale), I can say with some confidence that hanging out with a bunch
of flabby ol' sun worshipers would finally and permanently eliminate
the last vestigal flickerings of my reproductive drive.

Now, on the other hand, if you can find out where those babes from the
Bally's Health Spa ads get *their* all-over tans, I'm there. Them
being disgusted at *me* is a non-issue, as long as no one turns up
that *I* have to be disgusted at.

AD

Asbestos Dust

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

On 21 Apr 1998 08:37:47 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

>I have learned by email that some posters here
>are afraid to denounce Wilkes

Yeah. I for one am terrified.

jas (wilkes will confirm that)

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
> Excuse f.. by @ix.netcom.com
>
> [...] mercy snip.
>
> What were you saying amidst all your whines and shrieks and bitter
> complaints, palmjob?--you thought it was "high time" people advise me

> that your flames are unwelcome here? Well, when they do, i'll let you
> know. Until then, enjoy yourself.
>
> PS: try not to leak on the carpeting, little one. Okay? Thank you.

Take it from one who knows Gilbert, a little advice, Bill's flames are
not welcome here. Pass it on. (did he really say that?)

--
"there ain't no devil,
there's just god when he's drunk."

Adrian Smith

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <6hj2r0$r...@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>, wil...@ix.netcom.com
writes

>In <isb+sFAE...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> Adrian Smith
><Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>Bad prose is an invitation to a barbecue.
>
>Then no doubt we can anticipate your opening a "rib shack"
>with yourself as the only item on the menu, Adrian. Good
>luck in your business venture.

You're going to do the cooking?

biil. Your flames are weak, and logorrhoea dilutes them all to a
heaving, tepid slurry. Ninety percent of what is thrown at you goes
soaring past unappreciated, and the remainder ricochets upward off your
sloping forehead.

You don't deserve to be flamed with wit or style. Both are wasted.

>>What would you like to be basted with?
>>
>>>Why does it appear to have been
>>>
>>>Now you are sounding more and more like the Wormy One
>>>himself! His favorite trick is posting his own fantasies
>>>and trying to ascribe them to his opponents. Most people
>>>understand where the notions originate, though. YOU have
>>>the thing about donkeys, by your own words. I don't.
>>
>>No, biil. It's a metaphor. You suck donkey dick.
>
>Just as I said, you--like Wormy Wilkes--reveal your
>predilictions all too well as you try in vain to
>ascribe them to your opponent. The reason *I*
>don't respond with equal garbage-tossing is that I
>know very well most of the readers are never deceived
>as to whose "mind" it emanates from, Adrian. The
>only posts I have read by you have focused on your
>bestiality, which you make plain is a subject very
>much in your thoughts.

So, you don't know what a metaphor is. Why does it fall to me to
educate. I sense a learning deficit.

> I'll try and be less
>>oblique in future.

>>>Never heard such drivel! You apparently are one of the
>>>two or three people reading Wormy Wilkes. He has been
>>>known to corrode minds, and he would certainly seem to
>>>have corroded yours, providing you had a mind to begin
>>>with.
>>
>>No, biil. Inasmuch as any consensus exists on the flame groups (where
>>I've done my time, unnoticed by you or not), it's that HFW and you act
>>as reference points of lameness for all to steer by and (more
>>importantly) away from. This is a service of a sort.
>
>In other words, you have read the drivel of the many sore
>flame war losers infesting the lower rungs of alt.flame,

No, I didn't. I went to the top of the food chain, and I knew where to
find it. You don't.

Did I explain that that's because you're stupid, biil?

>so you now think you know what's going on, Adrian. Sorry to
>disappoint you, but people who have never posted a notable
>flame or even a memorable subject line having nothing
>intelligent to tell you about flaming. From such losers,
>you only hear about their grudges due to flame wars lost
>and deserved toastings rendered. Find the party that the
>majority of such flame-war lees and dregs resent the most,
>and you have found a champion flamer.

Nobody resents you, biil. Some of them feel sorry for you. What
flamewars you 'win' are won by boring the very lymphatic fluid out of
all concerned, until they give up on you as the mindless cunt you are,
and I mean no disrespect to female genitalia.

>Yet who can blame
>your "sources" for their spiteful distortions? After all, when
>someone kicks you in the butt, you likely don't turn around
>and say, "My, my, what a wonderful kick you have! What grace!
>What style!" In plain English, you always need to consider
>the source, and talentless, embittered "sources" need a bit
>of interpretation.
>>
>>You take no feedback. You have no learning curve. Darwin has nothing
>>teach you, as you repeat the same phrases in slightly varying
>>permutations to various Usenet posters stunned into speechlessness
>that
>>anything so stupid can breathe without assistance.
>
>In other words, that's why so many "Adrian Smith" articles
>are well-known on the net, and no one reads articles by
>"Bill Palmer"! Next, it will be alt.genius.adrian-smith...

Some people do read your articles - to laugh, but not with you. To
wonder which part of your cognitive apparatus was spirited away by gypsy
tinkers in the night. To realize that, there but for the grace of God...

Being known for clogging servers across the globe with more whining
maunderings than anyone else has managed is an achievement. Of a sort.
But being famous for attention-seeking behaviour doesn't really appeal.

>>In the near future, writing a program that can produce convincing
>
>And of course Adrian the Obscure WOULD insult everyone having
>the good name Palmer:

Many on Usenet who bear it must have contemplated the idea of having it
legally altered.

>>palmjob posts may well be set as an exercise for students of
>artificial
>>intelligence, which latter term should not be taken too literally, for
>>the purpose of attempting a Turing test.
>>
>>If they get their fingers out, they might be in time to pit it against
>>you. I can imagine
>
>Yes, you are clearly given over to your own fantasies,
>Adrian. Your remarks unreasonably attributing to others
>your great interest in bestiality make that plain enough.

Pissweak and thick as fuck. Par for the course.

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In message <cpDIMlO00...@andrew.cmu.edu>,

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes IV (gv...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:

> What say i? Oh, nothing that would interest you, Harry.

?!!

What interests me most is how you say it.

> But why do you treat us as if we were a mercenary band? We seek
> only to support the enterprise of written expression.

Not mere mercenaries. Samurai.

I could have taken the easy way out. I could have attempted to bribe
the shortlisted rasf* regulars with lucre, barter or intangibles.
Perhaps they would have stopped bullying me if I had... but I didn't
attempt to bribe them.

An example must be made. The samurai of rec.arts.prose have sworn an
oath to uphold the enterprise of written expression. This is a matter
of honor.

B. Callaghan

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Asbestos Dust <nos...@here.buddy> wrote in article
<353d53ef...@news.cooke.net>...
snip

> Now, on the other hand, if you can find out where those babes from the
> Bally's Health Spa ads get *their* all-over tans, I'm there. Them
> being disgusted at *me* is a non-issue, as long as no one turns up
> that *I* have to be disgusted at.
>
> AD

Hmm. There is one celebrated nude beach on Cape Cod, but my guess would be
your babes tan in happy privacy at salon tanning beds. That and body make-up.

The first five minutes of "The Terminator" works for me. :):):)

- bettina

Adrian Smith

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <353d7336...@news.cooke.net>, Asbestos Dust
<nos...@here.buddy> writes

You getting your alter egos in a twist, AD?
--
Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <6hj4dr$6...@dfw-ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>,
wil...@ix.netcom.com writes

>Nonetheless,
>my own protective skills include a sort of "metaphorical
>haz-mat" for dealing with malodorous, embittered,
>talentless, slimy rubbish such as yourself.

Your only protective 'skill' is your own stupidity, about which there is
nothing in the least metaphorical.
--
Adrian Smith

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Palmjob wrote:

> <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> >
> >Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
> >Excuse f.. by @ix.netcom.com
> >
> >[...] mercy snip.
> >
> >What were you saying amidst all your whines and shrieks and bitter
> >complaints,
>
> Wormy, you know very well that the reason most people
> just ignore your drivel, rather than telling you to
> get lost, is that they are afraid of you.

Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
(whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty parking lot.

> I would probably be afraid of you too, since you DO
> generate a preternatural aura of disgust around yourself,

> I must admit (giving you fair credit, Wilkes). Nonetheless,

> my own protective skills include a sort of "metaphorical
> haz-mat" for dealing with malodorous, embittered,
> talentless, slimy rubbish such as yourself.

Fascinating, tell us more about your protective skills, I implore you.

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <6hj2r0$r...@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>,

Am I imagining things, the style is definitely more accessible in
this post - any opinions?

Menjy

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes wrote:

[...]

>Menjy? Hand over the power-sander

>and the nail-gun. [...]

Okay. I'll leave him alone for, let's see, 48 hours. Will that be long
enough? For the next two days I shall not point out his hideous abuse of
the English language, mock his pitiful offerings to the flame groups, or
remind anyone of his total humiliation at the hands of Arnaud "Mengé"
Fercq.

Promise.

>In sum: welcome back, palmjob. Please share with us whatever you wish.

More "Readerlorn", Palmjob! Your friends and fans demand it. You have 48
hours - get to it, spanka... erm Biil.

---
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://extra.newsguy.com/~fgentry (updated 15th Apr 98)

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 22-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
Excuse f.. by Asbestos Du...@here.buddy

> On 21 Apr 1998 08:37:47 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:
>
> >I have learned by email that some posters here
> >are afraid to denounce Wilkes
>
> Yeah. I for one am terrified.

Yeah. It's embarrassing actually. i'm always forced to coax AD out from
under furniture or from within crawl-spaces. Chocolate bars work best,
but sometimes i can lure him out by simply crooning Gershwin tunes.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

(Harry Claude Cat) wrote:

> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes IV (gv...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:

> > But why do you treat us as if we were a mercenary band? We seek
> > only to support the enterprise of written expression.
>
> Not mere mercenaries. Samurai.
>
> I could have taken the easy way out. I could have attempted to bribe
> the shortlisted rasf* regulars with lucre, barter or intangibles.
> Perhaps they would have stopped bullying me if I had... but I didn't
> attempt to bribe them.
>
> An example must be made. The samurai of rec.arts.prose have sworn an
> oath to uphold the enterprise of written expression. This is a matter
> of honor.

More information is required, I reckon. If any locals are going off
to party, on your behalf, over there I think we need the full story.
Why bully, how bully, in what way is written expression challenged?
and in what terms can the challenge possibly be couched?

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 22-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
Excuse f.. by chri...@mailexcite.com

> > Wormy, you know very well that the reason most people
> > just ignore your drivel, rather than telling you to
> > get lost, is that they are afraid of you.
>
> Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
> the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
> (whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
> join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
> glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty parking lot.

Dear Lord God the jig is up!--palmer's spilled the beans!--the people
are rising against me!--i'm on the next flight out of here, guys, just
as soon as i sort out my passport, visas and so forth. Can one of you
drive me to the airport?

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Stu Copeland

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <6hhkqq$1...@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>,
wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

> In <353c2081...@news.cooke.net> nos...@here.buddy (Asbestos Dust)
> writes:
> >
> >On 21 Apr 1998 01:38:41 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:
> >
> >(....) Snipped for use as kindling, but it's too soggy to burn.
>
> [...] The talentless, ignorant--and fake named--
> "Asbestos Dust" does a lot of beating around the bush
> in order to try and stand the situation with Mangy
> on its head. The fact is, *I* posted an on-topic
> flame in alt.flame. I did NOT post it in rec.arts.
> prose. Due to his cowardice, MANGY decided to post
> his response to my alt.flame post in rec.arts.prose.
>
> In other words, Mangy, as usual, was posting off-topic
> flames in rec.arts.prose. Yet, AD the fake tells ME
> to go back to alt.flame! Fact is, *I* posted serious
> articles in rec.arts.prose for two years without
> flaming--or being flamed by--ANYONE, so Asbestos Dust
> the Semi-Lilterate phony is himself flaming the
> wrong party. He should address his whines to
> the Mangy Misfit. Better yet, he should stay out
> of rec.arts.prose, where he has yet to post one
> notable article. Of course, rather than posting
> prose, AD ironically accuses ME, a two-year r.a.p.
> poster, of "following the Mangy Misfit" into rec.arts.
> prose!
>
> Bill Palmer
> alt.genius.bill-palmer

(Parody of the Beatles' Nowhere Man)

He's a real nowhere guy
Sitting in his nowhere sty
Dreaming all his racist plans
For everybody

Got a Nazi mind hat's low
Low as the old Gestapo
Isn't he a bit like Al Capone

Nowhere guy, please listen
We don't want the Auschwitz prison
That you'll rebuild, if some
Chumps give you a hand

He's as racist as he can be
Just see what he wants to see
Nowhere guy, will you please
go away....

Stu Copeland

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98
>> predilections all too well as you try in vain to

>> ascribe them to your opponent. The reason *I*
>> don't respond with equal garbage-tossing is that I
>> know very well most of the readers are never deceived
>> as to whose "mind" all the perverted rubbish emanates
>> from, Adrian. The only posts I have read by you have
>> focused on your bestiality, which you make plain is a
>> subject very much in your thoughts.
>>
>> I'll try and be less
>> >oblique in future.

>> >No, biil. Inasmuch as any consensus exists on the flame groups
(where
>> >I've done my time, unnoticed by you or not), it's that HFW and you
act
>> >as reference points of lameness for all to steer by and (more
>> >importantly) away from. This is a service of a sort.
>>
>> In other words, you have read the drivel of the many sore
>> flame war losers infesting the lower rungs of alt.flame,
>> so you now think you know what's going on, Adrian. Sorry to
>> disappoint you, but people who have never posted a notable
>> flame or even a memorable subject line having nothing
>> intelligent to tell you about flaming. From such losers,
>> you only hear about their grudges due to flame wars lost
>> and deserved toastings rendered. Find the party that the
>> majority of such flame-war lees and dregs resent the most,
>> and you have found a champion flamer. Yet who can blame
>> your "sources" for their spiteful distortions? After all, when
>> someone kicks you in the butt, you likely don't turn around
>> and say, "My, my, what a wonderful kick you have! What grace!
>> What style!" In plain English, you always need to consider
>> the source, and talentless, embittered "sources" need a bit
>> of interpretation.

Excellent point, if I do say so myself. The above definitely
explains the Mangy Misfit's cheesy little "election" fraud,
too...

>Am I imagining things, the style is definitely more accessible in

>this post - any opinions?

Your being someone who is 1) apparently semiliterate,
2) totally lacking in anything that could even very
charitably be characterized as a "writing style",
3) egregiously ignorant, 4) a person who has yet to
post ONE notable flame or memorable article of any
sort, "Chris Mack the Fake", what on earth would YOU
know about "style" in the first place?

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In <6hk91t$hdn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> chri...@mailexcite.com writes:

>Palmjob wrote:
>>
>> <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>> >
>> >Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 21-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
>> >Excuse f.. by @ix.netcom.com
>> >
>> >[...] mercy snip.
>> >
>> >What were you saying amidst all your whines and shrieks and bitter
>> >complaints,
>>
>> Wormy, you know very well that the reason most people
>> just ignore your drivel, rather than telling you to
>> get lost, is that they are afraid of you.
>
>Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
>the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
>(whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
>join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
>glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty
parking lot.

The point was, many of the people who emailed me about
how much they detest you were afraid of being on your
slime list, Wormy Wilkes. THAT'S what you are trying
to wriggle your way around here. You are simply a
malodorous misfit who has one and only one flaming
tactic: You keep pumping your verbal sewage in the
general direction of people who have gotten your nose
out of joint. Some rec.arts.prose folks have a hard
time dealing with that, since they are here to
share their writing with others, not to be endlessly
slimed by embittered and talentless rejects such
as Gilbert Van Buren "Wormy" Wilkes, the notorious
soiled undergarment fetishist of Carnegie Mellon
University, who can't seem to manage to keep his
unhappy aberrations out of his posts. Further,

>> I would probably be afraid of you too, since you DO
>> generate a preternatural aura of disgust around yourself,
>> I must admit (giving you fair credit, Wilkes). Nonetheless,
>> my own protective skills include a sort of "metaphorical
>> haz-mat" for dealing with malodorous, embittered,
>> talentless, slimy rubbish such as yourself.
>
>Fascinating, tell us more about your protective skills, I implore you.

Glad to. When I read posts by you, Wormy, I always make
sure the clothespin is firmy in place on my nose, although
a haz-mat suit--though more cumbersome than a clothespin--
would admittedly be a safer bet when "experiencing" your
"prose"...

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Adrian Smith

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <6hkr5u$684$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, chri...@mailexcite.com
writes

>(Harry Claude Cat) wrote:
>>
>> Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes IV (gv...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
>
>> > But why do you treat us as if we were a mercenary band? We seek
>> > only to support the enterprise of written expression.
>>
>> Not mere mercenaries. Samurai.
>>
>> I could have taken the easy way out. I could have attempted to bribe
>> the shortlisted rasf* regulars with lucre, barter or intangibles.
>> Perhaps they would have stopped bullying me if I had... but I didn't
>> attempt to bribe them.
>>
>> An example must be made. The samurai of rec.arts.prose have sworn an
>> oath to uphold the enterprise of written expression. This is a matter
>> of honor.
>>

>More information is required, I reckon. If any locals are going off
>to party, on your behalf, over there I think we need the full story.
>Why bully, how bully, in what way is written expression challenged?
>and in what terms can the challenge possibly be couched?

Yeah. I went over to composition and they seemed to be getting on with
it perfectly mellow like, quite polite about your questionable nudist
concerns, Marks Robert B complaining no one had critiqued Traveller on
the Road of Legends in r.a.p., fairly interesting thread on eugenics,
nothing untoward.

What's the problem?
--
Adrian Smith

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In message <6hkr5u$684$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
chri...@mailexcite.com wrote:

> More information is required, I reckon. If any locals are going off
> to party, on your behalf, over there I think we need the full story.

*sigh* It's perfectly obvious that no savage acts will be committed
by nasty old Maughan or rapier Gilbert in rasf*. Really, I was merely
suggesting that our samurai go pick on intellects that more closely
approach their own their respective brain weight.

> Why bully, how bully, in what way is written expression challenged?

Thanks for your critique of my post. Here's mine of yours. Deja News
is your news server, right? Do a Power Search.

rec.arts.sf.composition | rec.arts.sf.fandom
sy_s...@bigfoot.com | si...@well.com
1997/01/01 | now

Read my communiques. Click on 'view thread' every now and again and
peruse some of the followups posted by the shortlisted. When this
task is completed, report back.

> and in what terms can the challenge possibly be couched?

You want me to teach my grandmothers how to suck eggs?

Asbestos Dust

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

On 22 Apr 1998 21:49:42 GMT, sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat)
wrote:

(An Attempt To Rouse Rabble To Hammer RASF)

Yeah, yeah, important questions all addressing serious concerns and
critical matters. Now to the nub: Will there be beer later?

AD

Asbestos Dust

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:04:30 +0100, Adrian Smith
<Adr...@millenia3.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>You getting your alter egos in a twist, AD?

Yup. Too much going at one time. Trying to balance my checkbook,
too.

AD

Asbestos Dust

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

On 22 Apr 1998 18:29:41 GMT, wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

<<More Of Bill's Crap Into The Shitter>>

OK, a no-class riddle:

Q: What's the difference between poor ol' diseased Bill (or Brandy,
as we now know him/her) and a very clever pigmy?

A: Well, one's a cunning runt, while the other is a....oh never mind.

So, it ain't Hemingway. Sue me.

AD

Asbestos Dust

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

True for my beneficiary also. She's also got a thing for Mel Gibson's
ass in the original "Lethal Weapon" and, I must say, it also worked in
my favor. I pointed out that if a Beretta was good enough for MG's
character, it would certainly be good enough for me. After she saw
the movie, she let me buy the pistol on my personal promise that the
buns came in the same box as the gun.

Once again, she learned the character building aspects of crushed
hopes.

AD

B. Callaghan

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Asbestos Dust <nos...@here.buddy> wrote in article

<353eb1be...@news.cooke.net>...

Ooh, wicked AD - seize the moment and all that. Yer beneficiary can get
a good glimpse of MG's buns in 'Braveheart'. Kinda hairy I thought but manly
yes. He was very dashing (and YOUNG) in "Year of Living Dangerously". *So*
romantic! Watch it with her and you'll be able to add to your collection.

bettina

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <6hlcul$s...@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>,

wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

> In <6hkfhi$oj1$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> chri...@mailexcite.com writes:
> >
> >In article <6hj2r0$r...@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>,
> > wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

> (where
> act
> >>
> >> What style!" In plain English, you always need to consider
> >> the source, and talentless, embittered "sources" need a bit
> >> of interpretation.
>
> Excellent point, if I do say so myself. The above definitely
> explains the Mangy Misfit's cheesy little "election" fraud,
> too...
> >Am I imagining things, the style is definitely more accessible in
> >this post - any opinions?
>
> Your being someone who is 1) apparently semiliterate,
> 2) totally lacking in anything that could even very
> charitably be characterized as a "writing style",
> 3) egregiously ignorant, 4) a person who has yet to
> post ONE notable flame or memorable article of any
> sort, "Chris Mack the Fake", what on earth would YOU
> know about "style" in the first place?

This is the thanks I get for being nice to you then? Everyone
says "see that palmjob, bit of a depends undergarment wearing
rube", but not me, I try to treat you like one of the lads
and then you spell my name with a small "k"! Some people have
no respect.

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <6hle4l$s...@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>,
wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:

> In <6hk91t$hdn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> chri...@mailexcite.com writes:
> >

> >Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
> >the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
> >(whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
> >join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
> >glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty
> parking lot.
>
> The point was, many of the people who emailed me about
> how much they detest you were afraid of being on your
> slime list, Wormy Wilkes. THAT'S what you are trying
> to wriggle your way around here. You are simply a
> malodorous misfit who has one and only one flaming
> tactic: You keep pumping your verbal sewage in the
> general direction of people who have gotten your nose
> out of joint. Some rec.arts.prose folks have a hard
> time dealing with that, since they are here to
> share their writing with others, not to be endlessly
> slimed by embittered and talentless rejects such
> as Gilbert Van Buren "Wormy" Wilkes, the notorious
> soiled undergarment fetishist of Carnegie Mellon
> University, who can't seem to manage to keep his
> unhappy aberrations out of his posts. Further,
>
> >> Nonetheless,
> >> my own protective skills include a sort of "metaphorical
> >> haz-mat" for dealing with malodorous, embittered,
> >> talentless, slimy rubbish such as yourself.
> >
> >Fascinating, tell us more about your protective skills, I implore you.
>
> Glad to. When I read posts by you, Wormy, I always make
> sure the clothespin is firmy in place on my nose, although
> a haz-mat suit--though more cumbersome than a clothespin--
> would admittedly be a safer bet when "experiencing" your
> "prose"...
>
> Bill Palmer
> alt.genius.bill-palmer

C'mon Bill, get it right, ..... you just don't care anymore, is that it?
There is a perfectly reasonable excuse for this isn't there? In another
thread you've congratulated yourself upon your own comments, not for the
first time, did you think someone else wrote that too? Come back to us
Bill, get a grip. Tell us it's all part of some masterplan to bring the
rebelious into line.

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <YpDSJnG00...@andrew.cmu.edu>,

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 22-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
> Excuse f.. by chri...@mailexcite.com

> > > Wormy, you know very well that the reason most people
> > > just ignore your drivel, rather than telling you to
> > > get lost, is that they are afraid of you.
> >
> > Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
> > the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
> > (whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
> > join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
> > glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty parking
lot.

> Dear Lord God the jig is up!--palmer's spilled the beans!--the people
> are rising against me!--i'm on the next flight out of here, guys, just
> as soon as i sort out my passport, visas and so forth. Can one of you
> drive me to the airport?

Don't think you can wriggle out of this one, the reinforcements are already
guarding all the airport entrances, your passport has been cancelled.
If you look carefully - very, very carefully - so carefully in fact that
your eyes start to swell and floating specs appear, you may just see
out glorious Fuhrer's cavalcade's dust trail rising in the distance.
Don't try to get the upper hand by monitoring the communications - that
way lies madness - you have been warned.

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In <6hmnvs$31i$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> chri...@mailexcite.com writes:

>In article <6hle4l$s...@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>,
> wil...@ix.netcom.com () wrote:
>>
>> In <6hk91t$hdn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> chri...@mailexcite.com
writes:

>> >Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
>> >the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
>> >(whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
>> >join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
>> >glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty
>> parking lot.
>>
>> The point was, many of the people who emailed me about
>> how much they detest you were afraid of being on your
>> slime list, Wormy Wilkes. THAT'S what you are trying
>> to wriggle your way around here. You are simply a
>> malodorous misfit who has one and only one flaming
>> tactic: You keep pumping your verbal sewage in the
>> general direction of people who have gotten your nose
>> out of joint. Some rec.arts.prose folks have a hard
>> time dealing with that, since they are here to
>> share their writing with others, not to be endlessly
>> slimed by embittered and talentless rejects such
>> as Gilbert Van Buren "Wormy" Wilkes, the notorious
>> soiled undergarment fetishist of Carnegie Mellon
>> University, who can't seem to manage to keep his
>> unhappy aberrations out of his posts. Further,

>> >Fascinating, tell us more about your protective skills, I implore
you.

>> Glad to. When I read posts by you, Wormy, I always make

>> sure the clothespin is firmly in place on my nose, although
>> a haz-mat suit--more cumbersome than a clothespin--would

>> would admittedly be a safer bet when "experiencing" your
>> "prose"...
>

>C'mon Bill, get it right, ..... you just don't care anymore, is that
it?
>There is a perfectly reasonable excuse for this isn't there? In
another
>thread you've congratulated yourself upon your own comments, not for
the
>first time, did you think someone else wrote that too? Come back to us
>Bill, get a grip. Tell us it's all part of some masterplan to bring
the
>rebelious into line.

Would you like to re-phrase that and run it by me
again, Chris? When I add up your vague reproaches,
your obscure allusions, and your unclear pronoun
referents, I don't come up with very much in the
way of "intelligibility"...

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Harry Claude Cat

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In message <353e97fe...@news.cooke.net>, Asbestos Dust wrote:

> sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat) wrote:
> (An Attempt To Rouse Rabble To Hammer RASF)
> Yeah, yeah, important questions all addressing serious concerns and
> critical matters. Now to the nub: Will there be beer later?

Later? Why not before, during and after?

Btw, you're all invited to get hammered at my Fourth of July party.
Rolling Rock beer in a steel tub filled with ice....

Menjy

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Palmjob wrote:
>chris_mac writes:
>>Palmjob wrote:

[...]

>>> What style!" In plain English, you always need to consider
>>> the source, and talentless, embittered "sources" need a bit
>>> of interpretation.

>Excellent point, if I do say so myself. The above definitely
>explains the Mangy Misfit's cheesy little "election" fraud,
>too...

Cut & paste time, you belly-crawling coward :

You think I went to all the effort of organizing those awards just
for you? If you had a functioning brain, you'd be a megalomaniac. As
you haven't, you're simply a moron.

Anyway, I think you'd be surprised, Palmjob. Let's have a look at
who's been beating you senseless recently, shall we?

MacLennan
Hausmann
Davis
Wilkes
Menjy

How many of these people voted in the 1997 awards? Have a guess,
Palmjob.

Well? Who did you skewer with these satires? Which of these
vindictive losers voted you "second-worst flamer 1997"?

Come on, Palmjob - out with it. Name names, or shut the fuck up.

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98
> Gilbert Vanburen "Wormy" Wilkes <gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 22-Apr-98 Re: Mangy's Latest
>> Excuse f.. by chri...@mailexcite.com

>> > Personally the very thought of laying myself open to
>> > the acerbic bert wilkes gives me the screaming heebie-geebies,
>> > (whatever they are) so I'm in a majority - I didn't know,
>> > join me oh unexpressed masses please, let's crusade with our
>> > glorious leader Herr Palmer and clean up this town^h^h^h^hempty
parking
>lot.

Despite your usual IGNORATIO ELENCHI, Wilkes, my point was--
as you and most readers well know--that many people in rec.
arts.prose are afraid of being incessantly SLIMED by your
noxious verbal effluvia. While that is by no means the
same as physical intimidation, in a way, it is far worse (in
a horrible psychic fashion as opposed to a legalistic one).
In short, most people don't know quite what it is you are
doing, but they find it pretty creepy and disgusting of you.
So do I. I seem to recall that it was the late William Seward
Burroughs who once said in a satire, "Ugh. Why can't you just
get physical like a human?" The great satirist might well have
had YOU in mind. It would do you a world of good to just "get
physical, like a human." Wormy, now that I think of it, you
truly make that terrifyingly-loathesome literary creation, Fats
Terminal, come off like the paragon of wholesomeness. For shame!

>> Dear Lord God the jig is up!--palmer's spilled the beans!--

>> [...]

No, Wormy, just say I tried to "wise up the marks"...

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 23-Apr-98 Re: Wormy Wilkes: Some
Lit.. by @ix.netcom.com

[...]

> Despite your usual IGNORATIO ELENCHI, Wilkes, my point was--

[...] mercy snip.

Ah. You're going on about *that* again? Thank, you little billshit bill
palmer, for giving me *yet* another opportunity to prove that (a) you
don't know how to use a dictionary (i.e. you treat like a handbook
instead of a general reference) and (b) the concept of logic simply
kicks your massive, malformed, superfund-site of a jiggly ass.

[in the interest of catching billshit bill palmer in yet another lie,
reposted material follows]

All right, billshit bill palmer, usenet pariah, hapless shut-in, sweaty,
quivering, fearful little fat boy, you who spends hours upon hours of
your jobless days and idle nights in front of a full length mirror
furiously masturbating yourself to your own revolting, absurdly swollen,
grimacing image, i'm willing to make a few allowances for you because,
well, because you're you, billshit bill palmer, i.e. you're a moron, you
couldn't think your way out of a parking space in an empty lot, you
demonstrate all the cognitive capacity of slime-mold etc., etc. But even
so, billshit bill, you who demonstrate yourself completely unteachable,
i'll go over this *again* for you, just so that we can demonstrate for
all your lovely readers what an utter moron you are.

Dictionaries are wonderful devices for defining terms, but only in a
very general sort of way. Why? Because that's what their meant for, to
support one in very general sorts of writing tasks. But for more
specialized tasks, e.g. for a philosophy course or for writing a
philosophy paper, say, THE OXFORD that you fawn and cringe over so
slavishly simply would not serve you very well. You would
need--SURPRISE!--a dictionary of philosphy, e.g. Anthony Flew's
dictionary of philosophy, a text that i happen to have sitting on my
desktop, next to my computer, or the Harper Collins dictionary of
philosophy that i happen to have on the bookshelf behind me. These texts
provide far more information regarding the terms of the discipline than,
say, your little oxford's that you quote from like it was your koran.

Now, buffoon, read carefully. i don't care what you're little oxford's
says. What i care about are what actual logicians say, i.e. those who
actually perform logical and analytical labor, write about same,
research same, teach same etc., etc. The following comes from the third
edition of Runkle's introduction to logic, a text i picked up in a first
year logic class as a lowly undergrad--ever been to college, fat boy
palmer, you autosexual paranoiac attention-junkie?--no?--why am i not
surprised?--wait, let me get back on topic. Anyway, here's what Runkle
has to say, you moron: "There is a particular fallacy called 'ignoratio
elenchi,' which means 'ignorance of refutation' or missing your
opponents point. A speaker may be saying a lot of things, but they just
don't seem to have any bearing on what is at issue. The issue may, for
example, be whether the city should build a swimming pool. A person who
discoursed on poolside safety and the importance of acquiring of
competent lifeguards would be guilty of this fallacy. There is nothing
in what he says that makes building a swimming pool more or less
advisable."

Now, billshit bill, is that clear? Merely ignoring what i choose to
ignore of your bloated and repititious incoherent gibberings does not
constitute ignoratio elenchi. i am in no way bound to respond to
everything with which you choose to pollute usenet.

Now, admit you're an idiot. You do? Good. Well, at least we're making
progress, fat boy. Maybe now we can work on your personal hygiene. Ugh.
What a mess you are.

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

chri...@mailexcite.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

sy_s...@bigfoot.com (Harry Claude Cat) wrote:

> In message <6hkr5u$684$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> chri...@mailexcite.com wrote:
>
> > More information is required, I reckon. If any locals are going off
> > to party, on your behalf, over there I think we need the full story.
>
> > Why bully, how bully, in what way is written expression challenged?
>
> Thanks for your critique of my post. Here's mine of yours. Deja News
> is your news server, right? Do a Power Search.
>
> rec.arts.sf.composition | rec.arts.sf.fandom
> sy_s...@bigfoot.com | si...@well.com
> 1997/01/01 | now

So I'm lazy - ok, ok - done that.

> > and in what terms can the challenge possibly be couched?
>
> You want me to teach my grandmothers how to suck eggs?

No, not at all, I just wondered how to express, via a written medium,
a challenge to writing as a means of expression.

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In <kpDmflW00...@andrew.cmu.edu> Gilbert Vanburen "Wormy" Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes: [...]

Not surprisingly, in the course of his ignorant and absured
blather about his somehow knowing more than the editors of
THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY when it comes to correct word
usage, "Wormy" Wilkes avoided the main point of my article
under this subject line: His astonishing resemblance to the
literary character, Fats Terminal, created by the late William
Seward Burroughs. One of this days, I'll hunt up my Burroughs
and do an article of comparison about these two hustlers...

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.prose: 23-Apr-98 Re: Wormy Wilkes: Some
Lit.. by @ix.netcom.com

> doing, but they find it pretty creepy and disgusting of you.

> So do I. I seem to recall that it was the late William Seward
> Burroughs who once said in a satire, "Ugh. Why can't you just
> get physical like a human?" The great satirist might well have
> had YOU in mind. It would do you a world of good to just "get
> physical, like a human."

Huh?--Excuse me? It would do me a world of good to do what??--"get
physical"? At first your quote seemed odd, out of context, strangely
unrelated to the point you seemed to be making. But then i reflected
upon *who* you were quoting. W.S. Burroughs, little one?--you're quoting
to me from W.S. Burroughs?--_Naked Lunch_?--_Wild Boys_?--_The Soft
Machine_? Etc., etc.? *THAT* W.S. Burroughs?--W.S. Burroughs the
homosexual?--who depicted his desires graphically in his
novels?--utterly brilliant novels, to be sure, at least the two i've
read, naked lunch and wild boys. (naked lunch gave me nightmares.) So,
er, um, given my own, er, um, "orientation", how am i supposed to
interpret *this*, you depends undergarment wearing little stump of a
castrated boy? Are you coming on to me, little one? You want *me* to
*get physical* with, ah, um, <gag><wretch> **you**? Is *that* what your
hostility is all about? Sexual frustration? Unrequited love? Lust gone
mad? What do you *mean* when you say to *me*--quoting W.S. Burroughs no
less!--that *you* want *me* to *get physical*? Or do you merely want me
to "get physical" in some more general sense? Do you imagine that i am a
non-physical entity?

Friends? Comrades? Associates? Menjy? Chris? Adrian? AD? Paine? Mary?
Bette? *ANYONE*? Am i way off here? How would any of *you* interpret the
above?

http://english-server.hss.cmu.edu/home/wilkes/

Menjy

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Palmjob wrote:

>In <kpDmflW00...@andrew.cmu.edu> Gilbert Vanburen "Wormy" Wilkes
><gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes: [...]

Writes? Writes *what*, Palmjob, you bankrupt, babbling belly-crawling
buffoon? Where is his text?

[...] <------ here's yours. Now get back to us with your explanation

of *ignoratio elenchi*

Then get back to me. We have unfinished business, little one. Shall I
remind you?

Goin' Nova

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <4pDus4y00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Gilbert Vanburen Wilkes
<gv...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

Well, if Grubor ever figures out what you've written, Bill will lose half
of his support.
<snicker>

--
Nope, Louse-monkey, it is just as I've been saying all along.
You're a malign bastard.

World Famous Usenet "writer", "my name is wilhelp"
wil...@ix.netcom.com (Bill Palmer) demonstrating
his "skills" in <6cr8bc$9...@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>

wil...@ix.netcom.com

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

In <6hopu8$b...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>
lousem...@NoSpAm.wilhelp.com (Goin' Nova) writes:

[...] Louse-monkey grunts expunged.

This demonstrates precisely the point I have made on
more than one occasion about the mischievous cross-
posting of "Wormy" Wilkes: He sucks the semi-
literate misfits of the lowest levels of the flame
world into r.a.p. to support Wilkes in his flaming
fantasies. In this case, the "guest" was the
notorious "Louse-monkey John" Hausmann, who, after
many years on the yet and many thousands of posts,
has yet to show mastery of the paragraph form.
Louse-monkey's most famous accomplishment involves
somehow developing a "prose style" that strikes
readers as the verbal equivalent of the the grunts
of an unusually ugly warthog! Thanks, Wormy, this
group really needed Louse-monkey.

Bill Palmer
alt.genius.bill-palmer

It is loading more messages.