Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

Will Dockery

May 21, 2015, 6:39:50 AM5/21/15
Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

Archived at:
http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
Date: 1998/06/21
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

Tuesday with Little Spain
by Will Dockery

And I am shoved back into this night life,
well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
wander these dark corridors of memory.
I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
my dreams threaten to wash me away.

Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
During the decline and fall of poetry,
in the summer of sardonic excess,
I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
brought down from Blue Territory,
no longer in Blue Territory.
I wandered by a cold river
in the flaming copper land of summer.

This complete process of remaking we had,
your mix of pales & shades,
your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
I must bitterly understand our fate,
we were never meant to be,
like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

Crimson on the napkins,
pink fuzz on the clover.
Maneuver to the left, and forward,
into a mud soaked future.

-For more poems, type
http://www.dejanews.com/
into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
-Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

Will Dockery

May 22, 2015, 2:51:48 AM5/22/15

This is an unfortunate fact, perhaps not of real importance to a great many
out there, but I have tonight evidence that Google Groups is losing posts
from the Usenet Archives, sometime during the last decade. At one time the
poem above was available in the rec.arts.poems archives, which is where I
copy and pasted the above from, about a decade ago. Now, a search of the
Google Groups archives of this poem turns up nothing of the original post,
which was June 21 1998.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/%221998$2F06$2F21%22$20%22will$20dockery%22

Search results for "1998/06/21" "will dockery"

Sorted by relevance
Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery Group: rec.arts.poems
(Member)
... From: Andrew Roller Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
Date: 1998/06/21 Message-ID: <358C65...@earthlink.net>#1/1 X-Deja-AN: ...
May 21 (20 hours ago) by me

Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery Group:
alt.arts.poetry.comments (Member)
... From: Andrew Roller Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
Date: 1998/06/21 Message-ID: <358C65...@earthlink.net>#1/1 X-Deja-AN: ...
May 21 (20 hours ago) by me

More recent posts turn up but not the original post, which is really sad,
that the historic Usenet archives are being eroded in such a way.

fitnessf...@yahoo.com

Jun 3, 2015, 3:01:24 AM6/3/15
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 6:39:50 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery
>
> Archived at:
> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery
>
> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
> Date: 1998/06/21
> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

Why the hell are you rehashing from 1998???

> Tuesday with Little Spain
> by Will Dockery

= snip =

That was so horrible David Letterman canceled his retirement just to come back and talk about how badly you suck.

fitnessf...@yahoo.com

Jun 3, 2015, 3:02:31 AM6/3/15
On Friday, May 22, 2015 at 2:51:48 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

- snip -

> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

You have no worries about copyright--- not only could no one ever match your dribbles, but no one would ever want to make the attempt.

> This is an unfortunate fact, perhaps not of real importance to a great many
> out there, but I have tonight evidence that Google Groups is losing posts
> from the Usenet Archives,

So even Google thinks that you are a suck-ass "poet". Maybe it's time you stopped.

Will Dockery

Oct 25, 2019, 2:44:27 AM10/25/19

From the 1998 Archives.

Zod

Aug 21, 2020, 9:48:04 PM8/21/20
A rare classic...

W.Dockery

Aug 24, 2020, 12:28:04 AM8/24/20
Thanks for the endorsement, Zod.

:)

Zod

Aug 25, 2020, 9:50:05 PM8/25/20
Not a problem, Doc...

W.Dockery

Nov 15, 2020, 7:10:05 PM11/15/20
25 yeas later and it still stands well, I think.

Zod

Nov 18, 2020, 7:02:05 PM11/18/20
> 25 years later and it still stands well, I think.

Indeed so, Doc...

Zod

Nov 22, 2020, 10:26:04 PM11/22/20
I am downtown a Waffle House, come join us, Doc...

Zod

Dec 17, 2020, 7:20:05 PM12/17/20
23 years later, still a classic......

W.Dockery

Dec 18, 2020, 5:10:05 AM12/18/20
Again, thanks.

Zod

Dec 24, 2020, 4:54:04 PM12/24/20
And another poem from that dark 1990s era...

W.Dockery

May 31, 2022, 8:10:15 AM5/31/22
From the 1998 Archives, comments and critique welcome, as usual.

HTH and HAND.

General-Zod

Jun 15, 2022, 4:35:17 PM6/15/22
Another of your classics.....

W.Dockery

Jun 21, 2022, 9:15:21 AM6/21/22
Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

🙂

W-Dockery

Jun 25, 2022, 7:00:19 PM6/25/22
Good evening and thanks again for the nod.

W.Dockery

Jul 27, 2022, 1:15:18 AM7/27/22

W-Dockery

Aug 4, 2022, 2:52:57 PM8/4/22
I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

Zod

Aug 8, 2022, 7:10:25 PM8/8/22
Good memory my friend...

W-Dockery

Aug 11, 2022, 12:55:14 AM8/11/22
Interesting, apparently Pendragon is reading these posts while pretending not to.

🙂

W.Dockery

Aug 24, 2022, 10:05:11 PM8/24/22
Good times for us all.

W.Dockery

Aug 26, 2022, 10:09:40 PM8/26/22
It has indeed stood the test of time.

W.Dockery

Aug 27, 2022, 12:28:04 PM8/27/22
Good morning my friend.

W.Dockery

Aug 30, 2022, 6:12:14 AM8/30/22
Good morning, thanks again.

W-Dockery

Aug 30, 2022, 3:00:17 PM8/30/22
It sure had Pendragon whining.

🙂

W.Dockery

Sep 1, 2022, 12:01:19 PM9/1/22
Thanks again, my friend.

🙂

W.Dockery

Sep 3, 2022, 4:00:54 PM9/3/22
Good times, in hindsight.

W-Dockery

Sep 4, 2022, 11:25:11 PM9/4/22
Good evening, thanks again.

Zod

Sep 13, 2022, 8:09:07 PM9/13/22
Good day to you....!

W-Dockery

Sep 15, 2022, 10:35:54 PM9/15/22
Good evening, my friend.

W-Dockery

Sep 20, 2022, 2:24:49 AM9/20/22
I can look it up because I also made a post on a Bob Dylan group, which is time-stamped.

General-Zod

Sep 22, 2022, 9:50:55 PM9/22/22
Hello and good day to you...!

W.Dockery

Sep 25, 2022, 9:53:34 PM9/25/22
Good afternoon, my friend.

W.Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 3:20:35 AM11/21/22
Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

General-Zod

Nov 22, 2022, 10:56:36 PM11/22/22
Hi..... once again one of your very best poems....!

W-Dockery

Nov 26, 2022, 6:52:41 AM11/26/22
Good morning, and thanks again for the nod, Zod.

🙂

General-Zod

Nov 26, 2022, 7:01:25 PM11/26/22
Being the poetry lover that I am, it was not a problem....

W-Dockery

Nov 27, 2022, 1:13:41 AM11/27/22
Good evening, my friend.

W.Dockery

Nov 28, 2022, 1:18:06 PM11/28/22

General-Zod

Nov 29, 2022, 8:08:34 PM11/29/22
Being the poetry lover that i am I quite enjoyed it....

W.Dockery

Nov 30, 2022, 8:31:17 PM11/30/22
> Being the poetry lover that i am I quite enjoyed it....

Good evening, appreciate it.

W-Dockery

Dec 17, 2022, 5:25:14 PM12/17/22
Thanks again and happy holidays to you and Mike.

:)

W.Dockery

Dec 21, 2022, 5:25:13 PM12/21/22
Thanks again, are you heading to Florida this weekend?

W-Dockery

Dec 31, 2022, 5:55:15 PM12/31/22
Good evening, Zod, and happy new year

🙂

W.Dockery

Jul 24, 2023, 12:40:20 AM7/24/23
> Hello and good day to you...!

Good evening Zod, thanks again for the nod.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jul 27, 2023, 9:40:19 PM7/27/23
Good evening my friend, thanks again for the positive feedback.

W.Dockery

Aug 1, 2023, 7:35:20 PM8/1/23
Good evening again and thanks for the nod.

General-Zod

Aug 4, 2023, 2:10:22 PM8/4/23
Yep... a fave from the olden times...!

W.Dockery

Aug 7, 2023, 8:50:22 PM8/7/23
Good evening, thanks again.

W.Dockery

Aug 11, 2023, 10:45:25 PM8/11/23
> classic...

Good evening, thanks for the nod.

General-Zod

Aug 16, 2023, 4:05:30 PM8/16/23
>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

Good day to you and splendid trip down the lanes of memory...!

W.Dockery

Aug 22, 2023, 4:45:25 AM8/22/23
> Good day to you and splendid trip down the lanes of memory...!

Good morning, again, thanks for the read.

General-Zod

Aug 24, 2023, 3:45:29 PM8/24/23
Glad to, it was a good read...

W.Dockery

Aug 25, 2023, 12:50:38 PM8/25/23
This one takes place in Summer 1997, based on true events.

W.Dockery

Aug 29, 2023, 3:40:21 PM8/29/23
>>> 23 years later, still a classic......

>> Again, thanks.

> And another poem from that dark 1990s era...

Thanks again for the read.

:)

W.Dockery

Aug 29, 2023, 4:40:22 PM8/29/23
Zod wrote:

> I am downtown a Waffle House, come join us, Doc...

I can't right now, perhaps later.

:)

General-Zod

Sep 15, 2023, 3:10:16 PM9/15/23
Will Dockery wrote:
> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery
>
> Archived at:
> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery
>
> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>

Note, first posted in 1998 by Andrew Roller ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Note to Pen, another one first posted by one "Andrew Roller" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

W.Dockery

Sep 18, 2023, 4:55:13 PM9/18/23
That's correct, Roller also published many of our chapbooks at that time period.

General-Zod

Sep 22, 2023, 3:55:17 PM9/22/23
> This one takes place in Summer 1997, based on true events.

Another good read of another good poem..!

W.Dockery

Sep 25, 2023, 5:30:13 PM9/25/23
Exactly, you nailed it.

:)

General-Zod

Oct 6, 2023, 2:55:15 PM10/6/23
Ha ha... yep.

General-Zod

Oct 6, 2023, 5:10:24 PM10/6/23
It was an outstanding poem then and remains so...!

That is all.

W.Dockery

Oct 12, 2023, 1:35:15 AM10/12/23
Good evening my friend.

W.Dockery

Oct 12, 2023, 11:00:15 AM10/12/23
This probably the same "heroine" that Michael Pendragon keeps obsessing over.

😃

W.Dockery

Oct 15, 2023, 4:45:19 PM10/15/23
Again, exactly.

General-Zod

Oct 19, 2023, 3:30:17 PM10/19/23
A few of mine as well.......

W.Dockery

Oct 23, 2023, 9:55:17 PM10/23/23
Good times.

W.Dockery

Oct 28, 2023, 11:35:16 PM10/28/23
> another one

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

😃

W.Dockery

Nov 6, 2023, 11:35:17 AM11/6/23
You know Pendragon's a bit on the slow side when it comes to comprehension.

😃

W.Dockery

Nov 12, 2023, 12:15:20 AM11/12/23
Good find, Zod.

General-Zod

Nov 17, 2023, 3:30:32 PM11/17/23
Roller did good with small press publications...!

W.Dockery

Nov 19, 2023, 6:35:17 PM11/19/23
Yes, never did find out what happened to him.

General-Zod

Nov 22, 2023, 10:05:18 PM11/22/23
Great confessional poetry

W.Dockery

Nov 26, 2023, 9:30:20 AM11/26/23
Thanks again, yes, in my opinion, this is a good example of Confessional poetry.

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 4, 2023, 12:55:19 PM12/4/23
Yo !

True !

W.Dockery

Dec 10, 2023, 3:20:14 PM12/10/23
Good afternoon my friend.

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 15, 2023, 6:30:22 AM12/15/23
Again

Good day

Good read

Yo

W.Dockery

Dec 23, 2023, 5:20:22 PM12/23/23
Good afternoon and happy holidays to you and Mike my friend.

🙂

General-Zod

Jan 23, 2024, 5:30:15 PMJan 23
One of best...

Another post for GD and Retro Guy, is this visible to all...?