Black Poetry Day

David Dalton

Oct 16, 2023, 11:48:20 PM10/16/23
October 17 is Black Poetry Day.

"So tell me, tell me, tell me; Why it makes you cry; It was your first time
in the sun; Once burned, twice shy; It's come around again; Did it
really hurt so bad; You'd let it pass you by?” (Noel Dinn/Figgy Duff)

W.Dockery

Oct 17, 2023, 4:00:16 AM10/17/23
David Dalton wrote:

> October 17 is Black Poetry Day.

This is the poem I thought of yesterday when we (Dan Barfield and I) talked about the transition from the Jimmy Carter era to Ronald Reagan era.

The poet Gil Scott Heron:

https://youtu.be/j4F2U4fPoyo?si=hr4h4KTsA-qY7rZp

General-Zod

Oct 17, 2023, 5:10:18 PM10/17/23
David Dalton wrote:

> October 17 is Black Poetry Day.

I'll add one by one of the greatest... Ahmos Zu-Bolton....

~~~~
I speak to him from miles away,

from the cell next door and

lightyears away,

from motherlands and the fertile earth

our Mississippi father plowed:
~~~~

Read more at ~~~:
https://aprweb.org/poems/ravis

W.Dockery

Oct 17, 2023, 10:30:17 PM10/17/23
Good choice, Zod.

W.Dockery

Oct 18, 2023, 3:55:17 AM10/18/23
Good find.

More from Ahmed Zu-Bolton:

"I don't want to mount Pegasus,
I want to mount the air
which he flies through."

-Ahmos Zu-Bolton aka Blackjack Moses, May 1976

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

***

W.Dockery

Oct 18, 2023, 5:00:20 AM10/18/23
Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:
>
>>> October 17 is Black Poetry Day.

>> I'll add one by one of the greatest... Ahmos Zu-Bolton....

>> ~~~~
>> I speak to him from miles away,

>> from the cell next door and

>> lightyears away,

>> from motherlands and the fertile earth

>> our Mississippi father plowed:
>> ~~~~

>> Read more at ~~~:
>> https://aprweb.org/poems/ravis

Again, good find, Zod.

More from Ahmed Zu-Bolton:

"I don't want to mount Pegasus,
I want to mount the air
which he flies through."

-Ahmos Zu-Bolton aka Blackjack Moses, May 1976

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

Better resolution view, Ahmos Zu-Bolton in Columbus Georgia in 1976:

https://imgur.com/gallery/f4cyMMm

***

General-Zod

Oct 20, 2023, 4:40:19 PM10/20/23
Quite cool, glad that debate has been settled at last..!

General-Zod

Oct 21, 2023, 6:25:14 PM10/21/23
Again, outstanding find...!

General-Zod

Oct 26, 2023, 3:35:15 PM10/26/23
On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 4:00:16 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> David Dalton wrote:
> >
> > October 17 is Black Poetry Day.
> This is the poem I thought of yesterday when we (Dan Barfield and I) talked about the transition from the Jimmy Carter era to Ronald Reagan era.
>
> The poet Gil Scott Heron:
>
> https://youtu.be/j4F2U4fPoyo?si=hr4h4KTsA-qY7rZp

Fabulous artist...!

W.Dockery

Oct 31, 2023, 6:15:17 PM10/31/23
Agreed.

W.Dockery

Nov 12, 2023, 11:45:26 AM11/12/23
Faraway Star wrote:

> On Friday, October 20, 2023 at 10:35:38 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Quite cool, glad that debate has been settled at last..!
>> Exactly.

> Right on

Good morning again my friend.

🙂

General-Zod

Nov 17, 2023, 2:25:19 PM11/17/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> On Friday, October 20, 2023 at 4:40:19 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Again, good find, Zod.
>>
>> > More from Ahmed Zu-Bolton:
>>
>> > "I don't want to mount Pegasus,
>> > I want to mount the air
>> > which he flies through."
>>
>> > -Ahmos Zu-Bolton aka Blackjack Moses, May 1976

>> > Better resolution view, Ahmos Zu-Bolton in Columbus Georgia in 1976:
>>
>> > https://imgur.com/gallery/f4cyMMm
>>
>> > ***
>> Quite cool, glad that debate has been settled at last..!

> Exactly.

> 😃

In other words, the scumbag troll mother fuckers such as Nancy G. and Michael Penhead simply STFU... ha ha.

Pagliotz

Dec 5, 2023, 6:33:17 PM12/5/23
Dopo dura riflessione, David Dalton ha scritto :
> October 17 is Black Poetry Day.

oh my god!

General-Zod

Dec 9, 2023, 10:15:15 AM12/9/23
One of the greatest American poets.

Yo

W.Dockery

Feb 11, 2024, 9:40:14 PMFeb 11
Agreed.

W.Dockery

Feb 21, 2024, 9:50:19 PMFeb 21
On Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 3:35:15 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 4:00:16 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > David Dalton wrote:
> > >
> > > October 17 is Black Poetry Day.
> > This is the poem I thought of yesterday when we (Dan Barfield and I) talked about the transition from the Jimmy Carter era to Ronald Reagan era.
> >
> > The poet Gil Scott Heron:
> >
> > https://youtu.be/j4F2U4fPoyo?si=hr4h4KTsA-qY7rZp
>
> Fabulous artist...!

Excellent poetry.