Little Homeless Clown / a poem by Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Dec 21, 2014, 12:39:06 AM12/21/14
Little Homeless Clown / a poem by Will Dockery

The sign on the door read enter at your own risk.
Too many times now betrayed by the Judas kiss.
My baby rode by in a brand new pickup truck.
She waved goodbye, blew me a kiss for luck.
So I been out rambling shambling through the trailer park 'til dawn.
She was frozen in the hall like headlines on a fawn.
Give me another run before the sun goes down.
Give me another hit my little... homeless clown.

All alone in this big old house again.
Harangued by all my so-called friends.
Well it's too late now she's riding with the wind.
Just last week she said she'd stick by me to the end.
Ain't no crystal ball but I can feel it in the back of my bones.
She got a sugar daddy she ain't never coming home.
Give me another run before the sun goes down.
Give me another hit my little.. homeless clown.

I could tell she was lonely, it just wasn't for me,
She's got a little hankering to be a divorcee.
Give me another run,before the sun goes down.
Give me another hit my little... homeless clown.

-Will Dockery (poem)/ Henry Conley (melody)
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 21, 2014, 10:09:20 PM12/21/14
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnm9dvu...@homeridae.org...

Hey PJR, your type is spreading to other parts of the internet... your brand
of stalking and libel-posting isn't just for Usenet any more... here's the
story from the New York Times:

The typical anonymous, unregistered stalking and libel-posting troll is not
a new phenomenon on Topix Forums... the site has had repeated problems with
anonymous, unregistered "flame trolls", who stalk and post what can verge
into the territory of libel, for example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/small-town-gossip-moves-to-the-web-anonymous-and-vicious.html

"...a social media Web site called Topix, where they write and read
startlingly negative posts, all cloaked in anonymity, about one another. And
in Dee’s Place, people are not happy... called Topix a 'cesspool of
character assassination.' [...] In rural America, older, poorer remote
population lagged the rest of the country in embracing the Internet, the
growing use of social media is raising familiar concerns about bullying and
privacy... hubs of unsubstantiated gossip, stirring widespread resentment in
communities where ties run deep, memories run long and anonymity is a novel
concept. 'Something about rural culture seems to make people want to have
conversations in public,' Topix, a site lightly trafficked in cities, enjoys
a dedicated and growing following across the Ozarks, Appalachia and much of
the rural South, establishing an unexpected niche in communities of a few
hundred or few thousand people..."

And, of course, there's a difference between free speech and libel. The
posts made here and elsewhere on Topix.com by the trolls you asked about
generally tend to fall into the latter category

Will Dockery

Dec 21, 2014, 10:09:20 PM12/21/14

Will Dockery

Apr 19, 2018, 2:46:43 PM4/19/18
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnm9dvu...@homeridae.org...
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
> shambling through the trailer park

> All alone

> lonely

> homeless clown

> Will Dockery

Obsess much, PJR?

:)
--
PJR :-)
... τὸ διδάξασθαι δέ τοι

Will Dockery

Jun 4, 2018, 9:57:17 PM6/4/18
> shambling through the trailer park

> All alone

> lonely

> homeless clown

> -Will Dockery

More interesting minimalism...

Will Dockery

Jun 4, 2018, 9:58:55 PM6/4/18
-Will Dockery (poem)/ Henry Conley (music)

Will Dockery

Jul 25, 2018, 11:44:22 AM7/25/18

I found this in my Drafts file, not sure what thread it will bright to the
top, but it seems appropriate for the current scene here...

Will Dockery

Jul 25, 2018, 11:55:07 AM7/25/18
Pendragon wrote in message

> Topix ... that's the site you basically shut down with your incessant
> trolling, n'est-ce pas?

No, that site is doing well, but yes, the Moderator doesn't suffer fools and
trolls so well.

As I wrote earlier:

[...]

Will Dockery

Mar 15, 2019, 12:03:50 AM3/15/19
From the drafts files...

Will Dockery

Oct 25, 2019, 2:17:13 AM10/25/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnm9dvu...@homeridae.org...

--
PJR :-)
... τὸ διδάξασθαι δέ τοι
εἰδότι ῥᾴτερον· ἄγνωμον δὲ τὸ μὴ προμαθεῖν·
κουφότεραι γὰρ ἀπειράτων φρένες. (Pindar)

PJR's ongoing obsession is noted.

;)

General-Zod

Aug 2, 2022, 4:10:02 PM8/2/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnm9dvu...@homeridae.org...

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 21 Dec 2014 00:38:41 -0500, Will
> Dockery wrote:
>
>> shambling through the trailer park

>> All alone

>> lonely

>> homeless clown

>> Will Dockery

That Peter sure was a silly one...

Little Homeless Clown --- Will Dockery
https://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/little-homeless-clown

W.Dockery

Aug 4, 2022, 10:28:53 AM8/4/22
It was just PJR being PJR.

He set the standard for trolling in his era.

And so it goes.

Victor H.

Aug 8, 2022, 7:18:42 PM8/8/22
Ha ha he was amusing as well...

W.Dockery

Aug 11, 2022, 10:18:48 AM8/11/22
PJR had his moments, I'll grant you.

General-Zod

Aug 13, 2022, 3:50:10 PM8/13/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]

Good version...

W.Dockery

Aug 15, 2022, 11:50:12 AM8/15/22
Good morning, thanks again for listening and commenting.