Mari. by Will Dockery

Will Dockery

May 19, 2003, 1:52:54 PM5/19/03
Mari.

She's got a dress, blue with yellow stars,
blues and yellows and their mixture like space duel.
A little green hair-holder in back.
Her stare is blue,
strands of gold hair hanging.
We stand staring as bombs explode.
In the distance out by the sunset.
This is not really as it seems, is it?
This is more than a balcony,
and you're more than a woman.

I saw Brookwood demolished,
and I thought about that damned ball and chain.
Tasted the dust of ancient,
and I do remember.
Her dress had these symbol...starlike squiggles,
the flame had affected her some...
I saw the multicolored fire,
it skipped frantically across alandscape. This is not really a balcony,
and you're more than a woman.

I felt the softness,
the misty air was choking and warm.
Colors: lavender, amber, sky blue...
stencil writings...
Bricks and scratchy sheetrock that squeaks,
beneath it all.
The animals all taking on a color of wonder.
this is not really what is seems like, is it?
This is not more than a balcony,
and you're only a woman...

-Will Dockery 10-21-82

someone else

May 19, 2003, 1:54:54 PM5/19/03
> and what you call blandness is actually a plain spoken
> > > unpretentious statement, easily understood and impossible to confuse.
> > > Will

Ironywaves

May 19, 2003, 1:57:32 PM5/19/03

"someone else" <someo...@this.org> wrote in message

> > and what you call blandness is actually a plain spoken
confuse.
something else

I agree.
Will

someone else

May 19, 2003, 2:01:06 PM5/19/03

"Ironywaves" <irony...@knology.net> wrote in message

> "someone else" <someo...@this.org> wrote in message
> > > and what you call blandness is actually a plain spoken
> confuse.
> something else
>
> and what you call blandness is actually a plain spoken
> > > unpretentious statement, easily understood and impossible to confuse.
> > > Will

Ironywaves

May 19, 2003, 2:04:20 PM5/19/03

"someone else" <someo...@this.org> wrote in message

Wow! Again!?! Thanks... but... are you insane?
Will

Mari.

She got a dress, blue with yellow stars,

j r sherman

May 19, 2003, 2:06:14 PM5/19/03
In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
shado...@yahoo.com says...

>Mari.

there's no poem here that i can see.

>-Will Dockery 10-21-82

how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
then as you are now.

but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.

love and kisses,

j r sherman

"A sad tale's best for winter: I have one
Of sprites and goblins."

Ironywaves

May 19, 2003, 3:37:58 PM5/19/03
Excellent poem!

love and kisses,
j r sherman

Thanks JRS! I thought you'd like it!
Will

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/dockery

j r sherman

May 19, 2003, 4:24:46 PM5/19/03
In article <vcicn8s...@corp.supernews.com>, "Ironywaves" says...

>Excellent poem!
>love and kisses,
>j r sherman
>
>Thanks JRS! I thought you'd like it!

how amusing. libel, the last refuge of a desparate man.

you have yet to prove me wrong, dockery. how much more desparate will you get?

love and kisses,

j r sherman

Chuck Lysaght

May 19, 2003, 7:04:05 PM5/19/03
j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<bab6e...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> shado...@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >Mari.
>
> there's no poem here that i can see.
>

> >-Will Dockery 10-21-82
>
> how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
> in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
> then as you are now.
>
> but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.

You really have a hard on for Will, huh j r?

Dennis M. Hammes

May 19, 2003, 8:38:41 PM5/19/03
j r sherman wrote:

> In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> shado...@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >Mari.
>
> there's no poem here that i can see.
>
> >-Will Dockery 10-21-82
>
> how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
> in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
> then as you are now.
>
> but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.

What you call blandness
was actually a plain spoken

unpretentious statement,
easily understood and impossible

to confuse in 1980 tutu.

> love and kisses,
>
> j r sherman

> "A sad tale's best for winter: I have one
> Of sprites and goblins."

------(m+
~/:o)_|
A poem is no place
for a good loser.
http://scrawlmark.org

Chuck Lysaght

May 19, 2003, 9:01:12 PM5/19/03
j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<babei...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> In article <vcicn8s...@corp.supernews.com>, "Ironywaves" says...
> >
> >Excellent poem!
> >love and kisses,
> >j r sherman
> >
> >Thanks JRS! I thought you'd like it!
>
> how amusing. libel, the last refuge of a desparate man.
>
> you have yet to prove me wrong, dockery. how much more desparate will you get?

Not nearly as "desparate" as your brother marrying a fucking gook.

j r sherman

May 19, 2003, 8:51:02 PM5/19/03
In article <3EC97A6E...@arvig.net>, "Dennis says...

>j r sherman wrote:
>>
>> In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
>> shado...@yahoo.com says...
>> >
>> >Mari.
>>
>> there's no poem here that i can see.
>>
>> >-Will Dockery 10-21-82
>>
>>how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
>> in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
>> then as you are now.
>>
>> but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.
>
>What you call blandness
> was actually a plain spoken
> unpretentious statement,
> easily understood and impossible
> to confuse in 1980 tutu.

so it would seem.

but why he keeps insisting it's poetry i'll never know.

i guess someone has to...right?

Chuck Lysaght

May 20, 2003, 7:38:46 AM5/20/03
j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<babu5...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> In article <3EC97A6E...@arvig.net>, "Dennis says...
> >
> >j r sherman wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> >> shado...@yahoo.com says...

> >> there's no poem here that i can see.

> >>how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
> >> in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
> >> then as you are now.
> >>
> >> but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.
> >
> >What you call blandness
> > was actually a plain spoken
> > unpretentious statement,
> > easily understood and impossible
> > to confuse in 1980 tutu.
>
> so it would seem.
>
> but why he keeps insisting it's poetry i'll never know.
>
> i guess someone has to...right?

j r, you wouldn't recognize a poem if it grabbed your tiny flacid
dick. (Your mother, the Azorean whore, told me of your, ahem,
short-comings.)

Dennis M. Hammes

May 21, 2003, 3:24:50 AM5/21/03
j r sherman wrote:

> In article <3EC97A6E...@arvig.net>, "Dennis says...
> >
> >j r sherman wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <bd2f3245.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> >> shado...@yahoo.com says...

> >> there's no poem here that i can see.

> >>how fascinating. in 20 plus years you have not changed your writing style even
> >> in the slightest. you were just as mundane, boring, and comically constructed
> >> then as you are now.
> >>
> >> but it is nice to know you didn't write poetry in 1982 either.
> >
> >What you call blandness
> > was actually a plain spoken
> > unpretentious statement,
> > easily understood and impossible
> > to confuse in 1980 tutu.
>
> so it would seem.
>
> but why he keeps insisting it's poetry i'll never know.
>
> i guess someone has to...right?

Can't see why. Though it's possible to say that pigs call their
shit "corncobs," possibly "corn swill," the pigs merely "call" their
whole day "rooting."
Pearls, corn, shit, the foot of a sleeping pig, they still call it
"rooting."
There's a movement afoot to call it "reading UseNet," but I don't
think it'll "take." Most pigs squeal when bit on the foot, where
most UseNet posters squeal when they bite on a pearl.
"What's this shit doing in my corn swill?"
"SUE!"

Will Dockery

Jan 3, 2015, 5:48:10 AM1/3/15
Amanda Reid wrote:

> actually a plain spoken
> unpretentious statement,
> easily understood and impossible
> to confuse

Well put, and thanks.

--
In this corridor of memory & dream we call life, a splendid 2015 to all my
friends family & comrades in arts.

Will Dockery

Jan 3, 2015, 3:25:16 PM1/3/15
In closing, at the request of Peter J Ross, here's another of my poems:

Mari
Got to go, all ya;ll troll and whine on, I'll be back.

Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Jun 24, 2016, 7:29:08 AM6/24/16
And so it went.

Will Dockery

Nov 11, 2016, 8:13:54 AM11/11/16
And so it went... here is the poem I mentioned earlier, Jim, as referenced
with the poem you posted, Jim/

Will Dockery

Jul 25, 2018, 11:48:39 AM7/25/18
Amanda Reid wrote:

> actually a plain spoken
> unpretentious statement,
> easily understood and impossible
> to confuse

A rare endorsement from Dennis Hammes, found in my Drafts folder.

:)

Will Dockery

Oct 25, 2019, 4:09:31 AM10/25/19

Found in the Drafts file.

Will Dockery

Oct 25, 2019, 4:41:29 AM10/25/19

Found in Drafts file.

W-Dockery

Jul 27, 2022, 6:40:15 PM7/27/22
(From the archives)

General-Zod

Aug 2, 2022, 4:23:25 PM8/2/22
One of your best, Doc...

W-Dockery

Aug 3, 2022, 11:41:15 AM8/3/22
General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>> Mari

>> She's got a dress, blue with yellow stars,
>> blues and yellows and their mixture like space duel.
>> A little green hair-holder in back.
>> Her stare is blue,
>> strands of gold hair hanging.
>> We stand staring as bombs explode.
>> In the distance out by the sunset.
>> This is not really as it seems, is it?
>> This is more than a balcony,
>> and you're more than a woman.

>> I saw Brookwood demolished,
>> and I thought about that damned ball and chain.
>> Tasted the dust of ancient,
>> and I do remember.
>> Her dress had these symbol...starlike squiggles,
>> the flame had affected her some...
>> I saw the multicolored fire,
>> it skipped frantically across a landscape. This is not really a balcony,
>> and you're more than a woman.

>> I felt the softness,
>> the misty air was choking and warm.
>> Colors: lavender, amber, sky blue...
>> stencil writings...
>> Bricks and scratchy sheetrock that squeaks,
>> beneath it all.
>> The animals all taking on a color of wonder.
>> this is not really what is seems like, is it?
>> This is not more than a balcony,
>> and you're only a woman...

>> -Will Dockery 10-21-82

>> ------------------------------------

>> Found in Drafts file.

> One of your best, Doc...

Thanks for reading and commenting, Zod.

Zod

Aug 5, 2022, 3:59:22 PM8/5/22
One of your most lovely poems Doc...

W-Dockery

Aug 7, 2022, 7:25:26 AM8/7/22
This one is almost exactly forty years old, and accurately depicts the moment in time.

Victor H.

Aug 12, 2022, 4:16:32 PM8/12/22
Good day and you are welcome...

W-Dockery

Aug 13, 2022, 10:15:10 PM8/13/22
Good evening my friend.

General-Zod

Aug 15, 2022, 6:27:03 PM8/15/22
Cool cool

W.Dockery

Aug 17, 2022, 4:50:15 PM8/17/22
Cool outside today also, cloudy and mellow in the Deep South.

W.Dockery

Aug 25, 2022, 3:48:21 PM8/25/22
Good afternoon, thanks again.

Victor H.

Sep 2, 2022, 5:35:11 PM9/2/22
Good DAY to you

W.Dockery

Sep 6, 2022, 3:23:13 AM9/6/22
>>> One of your most lovely poems Doc... Good DAY to you

Good evening, my friend.

🙂

General-Zod

Sep 8, 2022, 5:30:17 PM9/8/22
Quite good, it plays out like a short film....

W-Dockery

Sep 11, 2022, 1:00:16 PM9/11/22
With subtitles.

🙂

Rocky Stoneberg

Sep 13, 2022, 7:52:33 PM9/13/22
One of the best.....

W-Dockery

Sep 21, 2022, 1:15:15 PM9/21/22
"I thank."

🙂

General-Zod

Sep 24, 2022, 9:45:39 PM9/24/22
Having another reading and this poem is top flight....

W-Dockery

Sep 27, 2022, 3:25:10 PM9/27/22
Written after a great LSD trip with Lady Katherine.

W.Dockery

Oct 1, 2022, 1:00:28 AM10/1/22
Thanks, like I said, this is another reality based poem.

W.Dockery

Oct 3, 2022, 11:37:57 PM10/3/22
Good evening, thanks again for the nod, Zod.

Zod

Oct 7, 2022, 3:50:25 PM10/7/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> Mari

> She's got a dress, blue with yellow stars,
> blues and yellows and their mixture like space duel.
> A little green hair-holder in back.
> Her stare is blue,
> strands of gold hair hanging.
> We stand staring as bombs explode.
> In the distance out by the sunset.
> This is not really as it seems, is it?
> This is more than a balcony,
> and you're more than a woman.

> I saw Brookwood demolished,
> and I thought about that damned ball and chain.
> Tasted the dust of ancient,
> and I do remember.
> Her dress had these symbol...starlike squiggles,
> the flame had affected her some...
> I saw the multicolored fire,
> it skipped frantically across a landscape. This is not really a balcony,
> and you're more than a woman.

> I felt the softness,
> the misty air was choking and warm.
> Colors: lavender, amber, sky blue...
> stencil writings...
> Bricks and scratchy sheetrock that squeaks,
> beneath it all.
> The animals all taking on a color of wonder.
> this is not really what is seems like, is it?
> This is not more than a balcony,
> and you're only a woman...

> -Will Dockery 10-21-82

> Found in Drafts file.

Good day, again.... one of your finest....

W.Dockery

Oct 9, 2022, 10:14:09 AM10/9/22
Good morning, and thanks again.

W.Dockery

Nov 28, 2022, 6:14:52 PM11/28/22
Good morning, thanks again for reading and commenting.

🙂

General-Zod

Nov 30, 2022, 11:09:44 PM11/30/22
Mike and I are sitting by the camp fire, singing songs as he picks his ole banjo...!

W.Dockery

Dec 1, 2022, 4:52:43 AM12/1/22
Good evening, sounds like good times for you guys.

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 7, 2022, 5:55:14 PM12/7/22
Yep... yep...!!

W.Dockery

Dec 8, 2022, 2:05:15 PM12/8/22
> Good day, again.... one of your finest.... Yep... yep...!!

Good afternoon, my friend.

🙂

W.Dockery

Dec 13, 2022, 12:25:15 PM12/13/22
> Good day, again.... one of your finest....

Thanks again, and since 1982 seems to be the topic of the day, a good poem of mine to showcase.

🙂

W-Dockery

Dec 16, 2022, 1:10:11 PM12/16/22
That was the view from here in 1982.

General-Zod

Dec 21, 2022, 3:50:13 PM12/21/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>>
>>> Mari
>>
>>> She's got a dress, blue with yellow stars,
>>> blues and yellows and their mixture like space duel.
>>> A little green hair-holder in back.
>>> Her stare is blue,
>>> strands of gold hair hanging.
>>> We stand staring as bombs explode.
>>> In the distance out by the sunset.
>>> This is not really as it seems, is it?
>>> This is more than a balcony,
>>> and you're more than a woman.

>>> I saw Brookwood demolished,
>>> and I thought about that damned ball and chain.
>>> Tasted the dust of ancient,
>>> and I do remember.
>>> Her dress had these symbol...star-like squiggles,
>>> the flame had affected her some...
>>> I saw the multicolored fire,
>>> it skipped frantically across a landscape. This is not really a balcony,
>>> and you're more than a woman.

>>> I felt the softness,
>>> the misty air was choking and warm.
>>> Colors: lavender, amber, sky blue...
>>> stencil writings...
>>> Bricks and scratchy sheetrock that squeaks,
>>> beneath it all.
>>> The animals all taking on a color of wonder.
>>> this is not really what is seems like, is it?
>>> This is not more than a balcony,
>>> and you're only a woman...

>>> -Will Dockery 10-21-82

>> Good day, again.... one of your finest....

> That was the view from here in 1982.

My finest memory of 1982 was first gazing at the lovely Kirstie Alley, may she rest in peace...

Kirstie Alley Wrecks the Starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701 Kobayashi Maru HD Star Trek II (1982)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4sp2XWZDKs

W-Dockery

Dec 22, 2022, 11:05:13 AM12/22/22
Thanks again my friend, and have a safe trip to Florida.

Enjoy your vacation weekend.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jan 7, 2023, 7:05:13 AM1/7/23