PPB: December / Edmund Spenser (1)

George J. Dance

Dec 4, 2022, 12:58:16 PM12/4/22
Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
December, by Edmund Spenser (1)

The gentle shepheard satte beside a springe,
All in the shadowe of a bushye brere,
[...]

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/12/december-edmund-spenser-1.html

General-Zod

Dec 8, 2022, 6:15:14 PM12/8/22
Coole... coole...

I am a bigge fanne of Spenser...ha ha.

W.Dockery

Dec 14, 2022, 8:55:13 AM12/14/22
I appreciate Spenser's poetry more when I read him with Monty Python in mind.

https://youtu.be/POJvJ1F2MKc

🙂

W.Dockery

Dec 14, 2022, 9:50:13 AM12/14/22
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 8:55:14 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> General-Zod wrote:
>>
>> > George J. Dance wrote:
>> >>
>> > Coole... coole...
>>
>> > I am a bigge fanne of Spenser...ha ha.
>> I appreciate Spenser's poetry more when I read him with Monty Python in mind.

> The above line would make a fitting epitaph for you... if you could afford a headstone, that is.

No thanks, little monkey.

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 14, 2022, 11:45:13 AM12/14/22
Gadzooks...!

Ha ha.

W.Dockery

Dec 15, 2022, 6:55:13 AM12/15/22
I know, right?

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 17, 2022, 5:05:13 PM12/17/22
Quite rightly....!

W-Dockery

Dec 20, 2022, 1:20:14 PM12/20/22
Good afternoon, agreed.

W.Dockery

Dec 20, 2022, 3:20:12 PM12/20/22
I can see Spenser's influence on your poetry.