Saturday Night Dancehall (21/11/13) Shakespeare

George J. Dance

Nov 13, 2021, 2:05:53 PM11/13/21
Saturday Night Dancehall (21/11/13)
Topic: Shakespeare

LMNT, Hey Juliet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le8vixtpX6Q

Terry Stomp

Nov 13, 2021, 5:05:53 PM11/13/21
Lou Reed - The Dagger [from "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow08A79thF4

Pamela Brown

Nov 13, 2021, 11:35:01 PM11/13/21
And then there is MacBird!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBird!

George J. Dance

Nov 14, 2021, 1:08:23 PM11/14/21
That was neat. All I've found so far has been Romeo and Juliet.

The Killers, Romeo and Juliet
(Mark Knopfler)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6aQZ1uLCpA

George J. Dance

Nov 14, 2021, 2:22:39 PM11/14/21
I went looking for songs from the play; they exist, but not on the interwebs that I can see.
Help me find some Shakespeare songs. A single reference works, like this one:

"Othello told Desdemona, ‘I’m cold, cover me with a blanket
By the way, what happened to that poisoned wine?’
She says, ‘I gave it to you, you drank it’"

Bob Dylan, Po' Boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Nx7ojiZv0

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2021, 3:22:48 PM11/14/21
Good one, I had another, from Dylan's younger days:

"Shakespeare he's in the alley with his pointed shoes and his bells..." -Bob Dylan

https://youtu.be/3kh6K_-a0c4

Terry Stomp

Nov 14, 2021, 4:57:46 PM11/14/21
On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 2:05:53 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:

DAVID GILMOUR 『Sonnet 18 (William Shakespeare)』 from 『Meltdown Concert』 2002 at Royal festival Hall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Q03kUMCf0

George J. Dance

Nov 14, 2021, 5:30:55 PM11/14/21
The Reflections, (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=War1jbZp5V8

George J. Dance

Nov 14, 2021, 5:41:20 PM11/14/21
Wow! I have no songs that can follow that up.
Let me try this poem instead:

Kate Tempest, My Shakespeare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoMb9Yi3GQs

Terry Stomp

Nov 15, 2021, 4:56:41 PM11/15/21
Lou Reed - Romeo Had Juliette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8-Fm1vfw0

George J. Dance

Nov 17, 2021, 10:13:50 AM11/17/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:56:41 PM UTC-5, tst...@gmail.com wrote:
> Lou Reed - Romeo Had Juliette
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8-Fm1vfw0

One True Voice, Shakespeare's (Way with) Words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zptNzFv4uIU

George J. Dance

Dec 8, 2021, 4:08:25 PM12/8/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:13:50 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> One True Voice, Shakespeare's (Way with) Words
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zptNzFv4uIU

Skye Sweetnam, Billy S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Mm4flx81E