A Love Song / Duncan Campbell Scott

George J. Dance

Aug 12, 2022, 1:12:34 PMAug 12

A Love Song

I gave her a rose in early June,
Fed with the sun and the dew,
Each petal I said is a note in the tune,
The rose is the whole tune through and through,
The tune is the whole red-hearted rose,
Flush and form, honey and hue,
Lull with the cadence and throb to the close,
I love you, I love you, I love you.

She gave me a rose in early June,
Fed with the sun and the dew,
Each petal she said is a mount in the moon,
The rose is the whole moon through and through,
The moon is the whole pale-hearted rose,
Round and radiance, burnish and blue,
Break in the flood-tide that murmurs and flows,
I love you, I love you, I love you.

This is our love in early June,
Fed with the sun and the dew,
Moonlight and roses hid in a tune,
The roses are music through and through,
The moonlight falls in the breath of the rose,
Light and cadence, honey and hue,
Mingle, and murmur, and flow to the close,
I love you, I love you, I love you.

---
Duncan Campbell Scott (1862-1947)
from Lundy's Lane and other poems, 1916

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2010/05/love-song-duncan-campbell-scott.html

Zod

Aug 12, 2022, 2:02:35 PMAug 12
Completely new to me, G.D. and completely good, this fellow knows his poetry..!

W-Dockery

Aug 13, 2022, 12:10:12 PMAug 13
Good find, George.

General-Zod

Aug 15, 2022, 6:25:10 PMAug 15
Seconded....

W-Dockery

Aug 17, 2022, 1:45:05 AMAug 17
Good evening, my friend.

🙂

W-Dockery

Aug 21, 2022, 4:42:20 AMAug 21
Agreed.

Family Guy

Aug 21, 2022, 11:23:26 AMAug 21
PEOPLE ARE EATING SPINACH

W-Dockery

Aug 24, 2022, 10:51:54 AMAug 24
Good morning, this poet will probably be the topic of the day.

Rocky Stoneberg

Sep 23, 2022, 6:58:39 PM (3 days ago) Sep 23
Second read.......... quite outstanding.....