T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

George J. Dance

May 16, 2022, 5:23:00 PMMay 16
T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

Every man's death diminishes me --
I call it rotten luck --
unless it's someone I don't like,
And then it's funny as fuck.

~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC

(Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

General Zod

May 17, 2022, 3:32:56 PMMay 17
Cool....

General-Zod

May 25, 2022, 5:55:13 PMMay 25
Will Dockery wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 2:55:17 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:

>> > That was the hit that made it to the radio even down here in the sleepy South.
>>
>> > Before this, Roxy Music was definitely a "cult" band down here.
>> One radio station in buffalo played a lot of the new music of the day, it was called the "Rock And Roll Animal" fm station....

> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

W-Dockery

May 29, 2022, 8:15:15 PMMay 29
I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

General-Zod

Jun 3, 2022, 4:40:30 PMJun 3
Loved them late night album hours....

W.Dockery

Jun 8, 2022, 12:10:14 PMJun 8
Back when radio was an important link to the outside world, the dark ages before the internet.

Victor H.

Jun 21, 2022, 2:45:19 PMJun 21
The Buffalo Rock station played some late night favorites, like

Lucky Man ---E.L.P.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUyB5dRwg0

and

John Dawson Read - A Friend of Mine is Going Blind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlnmny0YnE

W.Dockery

Jun 25, 2022, 12:10:17 AMJun 25
I remember those tunes well, on album oriented radio.

Victor H.

Aug 12, 2022, 4:33:00 PMAug 12
ROCK 97 for me...!

W-Dockery

Aug 15, 2022, 1:59:54 AMAug 15
That was the "Rock and Roll Animal" radio station, according to the t-shirt your brother used to wear back in 1983 at the Mill.