PPB: Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out) / Will Dockery

George J. Dance

Feb 11, 2023, 1:49:51 PM2/11/23
Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
[...]
Interlude
from the days of love and rage.

Paige smiles at me
through the mist
like a winter ghost
then she fades away.

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

#pennyspoems

W.Dockery

Feb 11, 2023, 8:15:16 PM2/11/23
I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.

🙂

W.Dockery

Feb 12, 2023, 5:35:15 AM2/12/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 4:57:56 AM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:

>> > It turned out well with the additional art:
>> >
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html?m=1
>> Whoa! I didn't recognize that blog -- I had to recheck the title to make sure it was Penny's. I think it's the m=1 extension, which calls up the mobile interface (which, not being on mobile, I've never bothered to format).
>>
>> Here's how it should look:
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> And I took off the other art; we don't need a second picture. Should you get a YT video up at some point, I'll add it (while keeping the Wilso art as well), but otherwise the page is done. Now it's time to turn start working on today's poem.

There is an excerpt of the music version on YouTube:

https://youtube.com/shorts/wxRWRMKlzCE?feature=share

W-Dockery

Feb 12, 2023, 4:50:16 PM2/12/23
Quite excellent

General-Zod

Feb 12, 2023, 5:45:14 PM2/12/23
Kudos, bravo, excellent selection G.D.

W.Dockery

Feb 14, 2023, 4:25:16 AM2/14/23
I'm in the office now, reading on the desktop, good layout, which doesn't look quite the same on a cellphone screen.

Thanks again, my friend.

W.Dockery

Feb 14, 2023, 3:15:20 PM2/14/23
Thanks again, George.

I see that this one is getting quite a bit of comment on the blog.

🙂

General-Zod

Feb 14, 2023, 5:10:13 PM2/14/23
Having another read... quite good...!

W-Dockery

Feb 14, 2023, 6:35:15 PM2/14/23
Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

:)

General-Zod

Feb 15, 2023, 5:35:13 PM2/15/23

W-Dockery

Feb 17, 2023, 9:35:14 PM2/17/23
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 5:22:21 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

>> > Is P.D. Wilson a friend
>> Here he is, Penhead, since you asked:

> Either North or South George is confused:

> GD: I have a couple of original works for you to consider, one contributed by longtime a.a.p.c. member P.D. Wilso (no n):

> GD: And I took off the other art; we don't need a second picture. Should you get a YT video up at some point, I'll add it (while keeping the Wilso art as well), but otherwise the page is done. Now it's time to turn start working on today's poem.

> Not that North George has been too reliable of late, but I'd believe him over a blackout drunk pissbum any day.

Wilson decided to drop the "n" from his name, thus becoming "Wilso".

HTH and HAND.

George J. Dance

Feb 19, 2023, 9:10:20 AM2/19/23
Yeah, and a lot of visits as well. There have been over 100 visits to
the page, which makes it this month's most popular poem, so far, by a
wide margin.

General-Zod

Feb 19, 2023, 5:40:13 PM2/19/23
Cool news...!

W.Dockery

Feb 22, 2023, 1:35:15 PM2/22/23
Surprising response, actually.

George J. Dance

Feb 26, 2023, 3:44:53 PM2/26/23
It's always good to know someone's reading one's work.

General-Zod

Feb 26, 2023, 5:30:15 PM2/26/23
Good day G.D....

Agreed....

General-Zod

Feb 27, 2023, 3:00:27 PM2/27/23
Cool cool...!

General-Zod

Feb 28, 2023, 6:15:20 PM2/28/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>>> And I took off the other art; we don't need a second picture. Should you get a YT video up at some point, I'll add it (while keeping the Wilso art as well), but otherwise the page is done. Now it's time to turn start working on today's poem.

>> G.D. I do not think I saw the earlier artwork... why removed...?

> Not sure which piece, so George Dance will need to explain this one.

What say you, G.D....?

George J. Dance

Mar 4, 2023, 11:07:05 AM3/4/23
I can show you the earlier art. I was looking for ghostly-looking images
of a lone woman outdoors. I actually found one of a woman roller
skating, but it was copyrighted so I wasn't going to use it. Then I
found this one, on a 'royalty-free page', but later I found a watermark
in the trees, meaning it was out as well:
https://www.facebook.com/pennyspoetry/posts/pfbid02NqjE7WRScs1tR1u1cPdon9rLw7vyVBQPRGYHxtZYcQEf37YR53kKWHx9e5W1FJnVl
So I replaced it with this one. It's from another page, double-checked
as per use, but I didn't like it that much; in particular, the grave,
with the suggestion the girl had risen from it.
https://www.facebook.com/george.dance.73/posts/pfbid0RBG1eEwv9un64gdGPhAMSuVtpnDGqPYf5Np5gS9gbjqg9iojhHZHkBEaM7GFLh1Rl

Both those were formatted to fit at the bottom of the page. The
advantage of Wilso's, besides being an exclusive pic, is that it could
fit to the right of the poem, leaving the bottom space free to add a
video in the future.

W.Dockery

Mar 4, 2023, 12:45:15 PM3/4/23
True, it all worked out well in the end.

W.Dockery

Mar 4, 2023, 5:10:16 PM3/4/23
I actually have a photo of the person, Paige, on skates, but for her privacy I won't post it until I find her again.

General-Zod

Mar 4, 2023, 5:50:13 PM3/4/23
I could make a painting of her if requeated, although P D. W. is great

W-Dockery

Mar 4, 2023, 6:40:16 PM3/4/23
Maybe for the next time, since this one is pretty much established.

General-Zod

Mar 5, 2023, 5:05:15 PM3/5/23
>> I could make a painting of her if requested, although P D. W. is great

> Maybe for the next time, since this one is pretty much established.

I did mean a piece of art depicting the same character, roller skating in the park, if another poem about her manifests...

W-Dockery

Mar 8, 2023, 10:05:15 AM3/8/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 8:15:16 PM UTC-5, W.Dockery wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>> >
>> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.
>>

> Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.

Agreed.

W.Dockery

Mar 9, 2023, 12:40:14 PM3/9/23
I'll show you the photo.

W.Dockery

Mar 17, 2023, 5:45:13 PM3/17/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 9:30:16 PM UTC-5, W-Dockery wrote:
>> George Dance wrote:

>> > Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.
>> The art looks appreciate, although the first piece I liked better.
>>
>> I have a couple of original works for you to consider, one contributed by longtime a.a.p.c. member P.D. Wilso (no n):
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5931876856861610/?mibextid=Nif5oz
>>
>> Caption:
>>
>> "Winter Ghost" by P.D. Wilso 1986

> I prefer it to what I have on now. I think that with your short lines, I can get a decent-sized image to the right of the poem. I'll put that up tonight, and you can let me know if it works for you.

It worked great, thanks again.

:)

General-Zod

Mar 22, 2023, 5:40:13 PM3/22/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

6th read, still a powerful work of poetic artistry....!!

General-Zod

Mar 26, 2023, 4:25:46 PM3/26/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.
>
> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.
>
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html
>
> #pennyspoems

7th read.... marvelous.....

W.Dockery

Mar 27, 2023, 9:10:19 PM3/27/23
Good evening... "I thank."

🙂

General-Zod

Apr 1, 2023, 5:35:13 PM4/1/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Another read of another fave... !

W.Dockery

Apr 4, 2023, 8:55:18 PM4/4/23
> Kudos, bravo, excellent selection G.D.

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

🙂

W-Dockery

Apr 12, 2023, 4:05:39 PM4/12/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Saturday, April 11, 2023 at 8:15:16 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>
>> > Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> > Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> > [...]
>> > Interlude
>> > from the days of love and rage.
>>
>> > Paige smiles at me
>> > through the mist
>> > like a winter ghost
>> > then she fades away.
>>
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html
>>
>> > #pennyspoems
>
>> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.
>>

> Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.

Even more-so now that Spring has arrived.

;)

W.Dockery

Apr 17, 2023, 7:01:50 PM4/17/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 9:30:16 PM UTC-5, W-Dockery wrote:
>> George Dance wrote:

>> > Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.
>> The art looks appreciate, although the first piece I liked better.
>>
>> I have a couple of original works for you to consider, one contributed by longtime a.a.p.c. member P.D. Wilso (no n):
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5931876856861610/?mibextid=Nif5oz
>>
>> Caption:
>>
>> "Winter Ghost" by P.D. Wilso 1986

> I prefer it to what I have on now. I think that with your short lines, I can get a decent-sized image to the right of the poem. I'll put that up tonight, and you can let me know if it works for you.

Thanks again, George.

:)

W.Dockery

Apr 22, 2023, 1:15:13 AM4/22/23
George Dance wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>
>> > Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> > Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> > [...]
>> > Interlude
>> > from the days of love and rage.
>>
>> > Paige smiles at me
>> > through the mist
>> > like a winter ghost
>> > then she fades away.
>>
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html
>>
>> > #pennyspoems
>> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.
>>

> Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.

To say the least.

🙂

W-Dockery

Apr 28, 2023, 9:00:21 AM4/28/23
>> The art looks appreciate, although the first piece I liked better.
>>
>> I have a couple of original works for you to consider, one contributed by longtime a.a.p.c. member P.D. Wilso (no n):
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5931876856861610/?mibextid=Nif5oz
>>
>> Caption:
>>
>> "Winter Ghost" by P.D. Wilso 1986

> I prefer it to what I have on now. I think that with your short lines, I can get a decent-sized image to the right of the poem. I'll put that up tonight, and you can let me know if it works for you.

Working good, again, thanks.

W-Dockery

May 13, 2023, 9:56:56 AM5/13/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Thanks again for the nod, George.

🙂

W.Dockery

May 22, 2023, 10:10:49 AM5/22/23
Thanks again, my friends.

🙂

W-Dockery

Jun 7, 2023, 3:30:15 AM6/7/23
George J. Dance wrote:
Again, agreed.

W-Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 10:40:15 PM6/13/23
George Jones. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Reposted for Jim Senetto, who requested more poetry.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jun 16, 2023, 11:25:11 PM6/16/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

On topic, this poem takes place in early 1981, the rooming house era.

W-Dockery

Jun 19, 2023, 7:30:12 PM6/19/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 8:15:16 PM UTC-5, W.Dockery wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>> >
>> > Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> > Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> > [...]
>> > Interlude
>> > from the days of love and rage.
>>
>> > Paige smiles at me
>> > through the mist
>> > like a winter ghost
>> > then she fades away.
>>
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html
>>
>> > #pennyspoems
>> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.
>>

> Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.

Swamped.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jun 24, 2023, 3:35:11 PM6/24/23
George Dance wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> George Dance wrote:

>> > Well, we've been pretty busy this past couple of weekends, so I can't say I blame you.
>> The art looks appreciate, although the first piece I liked better.
>>
>> I have a couple of original works for you to consider, one contributed by longtime a.a.p.c. member P.D. Wilso (no n):
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5931876856861610/?mibextid=Nif5oz
>>
>> Caption:
>>
>> "Winter Ghost" by P.D. Wilso 1986

> I prefer it to what I have on now. I think that with your short lines, I can get a decent-sized image to the right of the poem. I'll put that up tonight, and you can let me know if it works for you.

Thanks again, George.

:)

W.Dockery

Jun 27, 2023, 1:10:12 PM6/27/23
Faraway Star wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> [...]
>> Interlude
>> from the days of love and rage.
>>
>> Paige smiles at me
>> through the mist
>> like a winter ghost
>> then she fades away.
>>
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html
>>
>> #pennyspoems

> Have not read in a while... always enjoyed this one...

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Farawy Star.

:)

General-Zod

Jul 1, 2023, 3:55:16 PM7/1/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Having another read, quite rightly one of your best Doc...

General-Zod

Jul 3, 2023, 3:45:15 PM7/3/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> George Dance wrote:

>>> Whoa! I didn't recognize that blog -- I had to recheck the title to make sure it was Penny's. I think it's the m=1 extension, which calls up the mobile interface (which, not being on mobile, I've never bothered to format).
>>>
>>> Here's how it should look:
>>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

>> And I took off the other art; we don't need a second picture. Should you get a YT video up at some point, I'll add it (while keeping the Wilso art as well), but otherwise the page is done. Now it's time to turn start working on today's poem.

> There is an excerpt of the music version on YouTube:

> https://youtube.com/shorts/wxRWRMKlzCE?feature=share

Would like to hear entire track...!

W.Dockery

Jul 4, 2023, 6:40:12 AM7/4/23
I'll post it in the near future.

General-Zod

Jul 15, 2023, 2:40:15 PM7/15/23
Outstanding...!

W.Dockery

Jul 18, 2023, 11:30:19 PM7/18/23
🙂

W.Dockery

Aug 27, 2023, 9:10:28 AM8/27/23
General-Zod wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> [...]
>> Interlude
>> from the days of love and rage.

>> Paige smiles at me
>> through the mist
>> like a winter ghost
>> then she fades away.

>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

>> #pennyspoems

> Kudos, bravo, excellent selection G.D.

Good morning, thanks again.

W.Dockery

Aug 31, 2023, 8:30:18 PM8/31/23
> Outstanding...!

Thanks again.

General-Zod

Sep 5, 2023, 4:40:20 PM9/5/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Had another read of this one... quite lovely...

W.Dockery

Sep 10, 2023, 8:50:13 PM9/10/23
Thanks again for the read.

General-Zod

Sep 12, 2023, 4:40:13 PM9/12/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Again... cool poetics....

W.Dockery

Sep 13, 2023, 7:10:15 PM9/13/23
Thanks, and another one for David to have a look at, I'm interested in his comments and critiques.

:)

W.Dockery

Sep 24, 2023, 10:05:13 PM9/24/23
Zod wrote:

> Cool

Good evening my friend.

W.Dockery

Sep 30, 2023, 8:10:16 PM9/30/23
I'll run the one through Bard later tonight.

🙂

General-Zod

Oct 5, 2023, 5:00:15 PM10/5/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> [...]
>> Interlude
>> from the days of love and rage.

>> Paige smiles at me
>> through the mist
>> like a winter ghost
>> then she fades away.

>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

>> #pennyspoems

> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.

Another fave revisited... quuite good..!

W.Dockery

Oct 8, 2023, 10:50:14 PM10/8/23
Good evening, thanks again.

W.Dockery

Oct 14, 2023, 11:20:17 AM10/14/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Thanks again, my friend.

W.Dockery

Oct 19, 2023, 10:35:16 AM10/19/23
Again, thanks, George.

😃

General-Zod

Nov 6, 2023, 6:00:17 PM11/6/23
On another read, still quite good...

General-Zod

Nov 17, 2023, 3:35:17 PM11/17/23
> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.

> 🙂

Again.... BRAVO....!

General-Zod

Dec 4, 2023, 5:40:21 PM12/4/23
George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
> [...]
> Interlude
> from the days of love and rage.

> Paige smiles at me
> through the mist
> like a winter ghost
> then she fades away.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

> #pennyspoems

Another read (#16)... yo, quite lovely...!

W.Dockery

Dec 8, 2023, 10:50:16 AM12/8/23
Thanks again for reading and commenting.

🙂

General-Zod

Dec 11, 2023, 5:00:17 PM12/11/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> Winter Ghost (Taking a Time Out), by Will Dockery
>> [...]
>> Interlude
>> from the days of love and rage.

>> Paige smiles at me
>> through the mist
>> like a winter ghost
>> then she fades away.

>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/02/winer-ghost-taking-time-out-will-dockery.html

>> #pennyspoems

> I just found this, thanks for including my poem, George.

A bona fide Doc classic...!

W.Dockery

Jan 1, 2024, 1:30:14 AMJan 1
Good evening and thanks again for the nod.

😃

George J.

Jan 2, 2024, 3:15:14 PMJan 2
I'm glad to see this thread up where I can comment on it. I've spent most of the time since NY working on Penny's Top 100 of 2023. You'll be happy to know that "Winter Ghost" finished at #7 for the year. That's the highest any of the poems I blogged this year managed (including my own - my best for the new stuff was #9.

Zod, your "Spring Rains" was #16.

George J.

Jan 2, 2024, 6:05:11 PMJan 2

W.Dockery

Jan 2, 2024, 9:40:11 PMJan 2
Hello there George, thanks for the update.

😃

W.Dockery

Jan 4, 2024, 4:15:13 PMJan 4
George J. Dance wrote: