Re: Ginsberg's Rohrshach poems

Will Dockery

Feb 24, 2019, 5:22:57 PM2/24/19
"George J. Dance" wrote in message
news:22919a54-03a9-4caa...@googlegroups.com...

Exhibit A

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 3:39:09 PM UTC-5, drive-by wrote:
> Sphincter

> I hope my good old asshole holds out
> 60 years it's been mostly OK
> Tho in Bolivia a fissure operation
> survived the altiplano hospital--
> a little blood, no polyps, occasionally
> a small hemorrhoid
> active, eager, receptive to phallus
> coke bottle, candle, carrot
> banana & fingers -
> Now AIDS makes it shy, but still
> eager to serve -
> out with the dumps, in with the condom'd
> orgasmic friend -
> still rubbery muscular,
> unashamed wide open for joy
> But another 20 years who knows,
> old folks got troubles everywhere -
> necks, prostates, stomachs, joints--
> Hope the old hole stays young
> till death, relax
>
> Allen Ginsberg

Exhibit B

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:11:33 PM UTC-5, BPJ wrote:

> [...]
> please master can I lick your groin gurled with blond soft fur
> please master can I touch my tongue to your rosy asshole
> please master may I pass my face to your balls,
> please master order me down on the floor,
> please master tell me to lick your thick shaft
> please master put your rough hands on my bald hairy skull
> please master press my mouth to your prick-heart
> please master press my face into your belly, pull me slowly strong thumbed
> till your dumb hardness fills my throat to the base
> till I swallow and taste your delicate flesh-hot prick barrel veined
> Please
> Mater push my shoulders away and stare in my eyes, & make me bend over
> the table
> please master grab my thighs and lift my ass to your waist
> please master your hand's rough stroke on my neck your palm down to my
> backside
> please master push me, my feet on chairs, till my hole feels the breath of
> your spit and your thumb stroke
> please master make my say Please Master Fuck me now Please
> Master grease my balls and hairmouth with sweet vaselines
> please master stroke your shaft with white creams
> please master touch your cock head to my wrinkled self-hole
> please master push it in gently, your elbows enwrapped round my breast
> your arms passing down to my belly, my penis you touch w/ your fingers
> please master shove it in me a little, a little, a little,
> please master sink your droor thing down my behind
> & please master make me wiggle my rear to eat up the prick trunk
> till my asshalfs cuddle your thighs, my back bent over,
> till I'm alone sticking out, your sword stuck throbbing in me
> please master pull out and slowly roll onto the bottom
> please master lunge it again, and withdraw the tip
> please please master fuck me again with your self, please fuck me Please
> Master drive down till it hurts me the softness the
> Softness please master make love to my ass, give body to center, & fuck me
> for good like a girl,
> tenderly clasp me please master I take me to thee,
> & drive in my belly your selfsame sweet heat-rood
> you fingered in solitude Denver or Brooklyn or fucked in a maiden in Paris
> carlots
> please master drive me thy vehicle, body of love drops, sweat fuck
> body of tenderness, Give me your dogh fuck faster
> please master make me go moan on the table
> Go moan O please master do fuck me like that
> in your rhythm thrill-plunge & pull-back-bounce & push down
> till I loosen my asshole a dog on the table yelping with terror delight to
> be
> loved
> Please master call me a dog, an ass beast, a wet asshole,
> & fuck me more violent, my eyes hid with your palms round my skull
> & plunge down in a brutal hard lash thru soft drip-fish
> & throb thru five seconds to spurt out your semen heat
> over & over, bamming it in while I cry out your name I do love you

Mot my favorite Ginsberg poems but still of interest.

Will Dockery

Feb 26, 2019, 6:44:51 PM2/26/19
Agreed, not his best but worth a read.

Will Dockery

Jul 30, 2019, 10:42:50 AM7/30/19
From Drafts file...

Will Dockery

Jul 31, 2019, 6:18:35 PM7/31/19
Agreed with A, not his best but worth a read.

Will Dockery

Aug 11, 2020, 5:11:00 PM8/11/20
This thread will display some good examples of the bigotry of Pendragon.

Zod

Aug 13, 2020, 8:34:04 PM8/13/20
Some weird poetry here, I will grant you....

W.Dockery

Aug 18, 2020, 11:26:03 AM8/18/20
Not my favorite Allen Ginsberg work, as I mentioned earlier.

W.Dockery

Aug 18, 2020, 2:44:05 PM8/18/20
I suppose the genre is gay erotica.

Zod

Aug 18, 2020, 9:36:04 PM8/18/20
W.Dockery wrote:

> I suppose the genre is gay erotica.

That would be my guess....

Zod

Aug 19, 2020, 9:22:03 PM8/19/20
This thread displays the wide scope of Ginsberg poetry...

Zod

Aug 20, 2020, 9:22:04 PM8/20/20
W.Dockery wrote:

> Not my favorite Allen Ginsberg work, as I mentioned earlier.

Important work in a very obscure genre though...

W.Dockery

Aug 21, 2020, 3:14:03 PM8/21/20
A very specific genre for an audience Allen Ginsberg knew intimately, gay erotica.

W.Dockery

Aug 21, 2020, 4:20:06 PM8/21/20
On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:10:14 PM UTC-4, NancyGene wrote:

> We sure wish we knew where his grave is so that we could dance on it and eat BLT sandwiches.

Your malicious obsession with S.P. is well known.

W.Dockery

Aug 21, 2020, 4:36:03 PM8/21/20
On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:24:14 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> Where is pickles buried

Such information isn't appropriate for trolls like you.

:)

W-Dockery

May 31, 2022, 9:20:19 AM5/31/22
Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Not my favorite Allen Ginsberg work, as I mentioned earlier.
>
> Important work in a very obscure genre though...

"Gay Erotica" is no longer obscure now, of course.

🙂

General-Zod

May 31, 2022, 3:00:25 PM5/31/22
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_literature#20th_century

***********20th century
Although D. H. Lawrence could be regarded as a writer of love poems, he usually dealt in the less romantic aspects of love such as sexual frustration or the sex act itself. Ezra Pound, in his Literary Essays, complained of Lawrence's interest in his own "disagreeable sensations" but praised him for his "low-life narrative". This is a reference to Lawrence's dialect poems akin to the Scots poems of Robert Burns, in which he reproduced the language and concerns of the people of Nottinghamshire from his youth. He called one collection of poems Pansies partly for the simple ephemeral nature of the verse but also a pun on the French word panser, to dress or bandage a wound. "The Noble Englishman" and "Don't Look at Me" were removed from the official edition of Pansies on the grounds of obscenity; Lawrence felt wounded by this.[citation needed]

From the age of 17, Gavin Ewart acquired a reputation for wit and accomplishment through such works as "Phallus in Wonderland" and "Poems and Songs", which appeared in 1939 and was his first collection. The intelligence and casually flamboyant virtuosity with which he framed his often humorous commentaries on human behaviour made his work invariably entertaining and interesting. The irreverent eroticism for which his poetry is noted resulted in W H Smith's banning of his "The Pleasures of the Flesh" (1966) from their shops.[citation needed]

Canadian poet John Glassco wrote Squire Hardman (1967), a long poem in heroic couplets, purporting to be a reprint of an 18th-century poem by George Colman the Younger, on the theme of flagellation.[25]

Italian Una Chi distinguished herself among other publications for coldly analytical prose and for the crudeness of the stories.******************

W-Dockery

May 31, 2022, 3:35:16 PM5/31/22
Good find, Zod.

General-Zod

Jun 1, 2022, 3:00:18 PM6/1/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> I suppose the genre is gay erotica.

Quite obviously I daresay... ha ha.

W.Dockery

Jun 1, 2022, 3:45:16 PM6/1/22
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:)

General-Zod

Jun 3, 2022, 5:40:12 PM6/3/22
Nope... love old SEINFELD by the way....

W.Dockery

Jun 8, 2022, 2:10:18 PM6/8/22
But zero child molester content.

HTH and HAND.

Victor H.

Jun 21, 2022, 5:25:15 PM6/21/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> By the way, you were also shown to be mistaken about the "Please Master" poem on the Allen Ginsberg thread, while we're taking count, Pendragon.

> No wonder you dropped that thread.

> HTH and HAND.

Yep.... the poem was written for a man Ginsberg's own age.....

https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/05/a-high-school-teacher-shared-allen-ginsburg-poem-and-had-to-resign.html

************************** “Please Master” is discomfiting and profane, an explicit account of a fantasized sexual encounter between Ginsberg and Neal Cassady, the inspiration for the Dean Moriarty character in Jack Kerouac’s On the Road. *******************************

!!

W.Dockery

Jun 25, 2022, 12:42:16 AM6/25/22
Victor H. wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>> By the way, you were also shown to be mistaken about the "Please Master" poem on the Allen Ginsberg thread, while we're taking count, Pendragon.

>> No wonder you dropped that thread.

>> HTH and HAND.

> Yep....

> https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/05/a-high-school-teacher-shared-allen-ginsburg-poem-and-had-to-resign.html

> ************************** “Please Master” is discomfiting and profane, an explicit account of a fantasized sexual encounter between Ginsberg and Neal Cassady, the inspiration for the Dean Moriarty character in Jack Kerouac’s On the Road. *******************************

Again, exactly, you nailed it.

W.Dockery

Jul 28, 2022, 3:15:17 AM7/28/22
Like I said, agreed, not his best but reposted for archival purposes.

And so it goes.

Victor H.

Jul 28, 2022, 6:40:16 PM7/28/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> "George J. Dance" wrote in message

>> Exhibit A

>> On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 3:39:09 PM UTC-5, drive-by wrote:
>>
>>> Sphincter

<<deleted for Copyright purposes>>

> Like I said, agreed, not his best but reposted for archival purposes.

> And so it goes.

True that...

W-Dockery

Jul 30, 2022, 8:34:18 PM7/30/22
Good evening my friend, you nailed it.

HTH and HAND.

General-Zod

Aug 2, 2022, 4:11:43 PM8/2/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> Agreed with A, not his best but worth a read.

Allen Ginsberg could tend to get a tad explicit with his erotic poems....

W.Dockery

Aug 4, 2022, 2:35:18 PM8/4/22
Yes, a form of Confessional poetry.

Rocky Stoneberg

Aug 8, 2022, 7:10:17 PM8/8/22
Allen Ginsberg was excellent with that poetry form...

W-Dockery

Aug 11, 2022, 12:10:14 PM8/11/22
Yes, one of the greatest.

W.Dockery

Aug 26, 2022, 9:15:10 PM8/26/22
To say the least.

🙂

Victor H.

Sep 15, 2022, 6:38:36 PM9/15/22
Indeed...

https://poets.org/text/brief-guide-confessional-poetry

**************Confessional poetry is the poetry of the personal or “I.” This style of writing emerged in the late 1950s and early 1960s and is associated with poets such as Robert Lowell, Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, and W. D. Snodgrass. Lowell’s book, Life Studies, was a highly personal account of his life and familial ties and had a significant impact on American poetry. Plath and Sexton were both students of Lowell and noted that his work influenced their own writing.

The confessional poetry of the mid-twentieth century dealt with subject matter that previously had not been openly discussed in American poetry. Private experiences with and feelings about death, trauma, depression, and relationships were addressed in this type of poetry, often in an autobiographical manner. Sexton, in particular, was interested in the psychological aspect of poetry, having started writing at the suggestion of her therapist.

The confessional poets were not merely recording their emotions on paper; craft and construction were extremely important to their work. While their treatment of the poetic self may have been groundbreaking and shocking to some readers, these poets maintained a high level of craftsmanship through their careful attention to and use of prosody.**********************

W-Dockery

Sep 19, 2022, 3:09:22 PM9/19/22
Good find, Zod.

W.Dockery

Sep 19, 2022, 4:50:33 PM9/19/22
Well put.

General-Zod

Sep 24, 2022, 9:08:17 PM9/24/22
I thank you.....

W.Dockery

Sep 27, 2022, 4:41:30 PM9/27/22
Allen Ginsberg had honesty and courage in his poetry.

Rocky Stoneberg

Oct 3, 2022, 6:55:18 PM10/3/22
Hi there....

W-Dockery