Re: Apple Montage / Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Apr 24, 2019, 4:30:01 PM4/24/19
Pendragon wrote in message
news:e97a6ecc-d7b8-485b...@googlegroups.com...

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 3:50:02 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> NancyGene wrote:
> >
> > "Sneak" is a euphemism
>
> <snip>
>
> No, the two characters in the poem are smoking cigarettes, sneaking so the
> adults don't see them:
>
> > Apple Montage
> >
> > Sneaking around
> > with Cousin Jenny,
> > smoking menthol
> > beyond the sheds.
> >
> > Late summer vacation 1973
> > in the backwoods of Tennessee.
> >
> > To the right
> > behind the barn
> > were apple trees.
> >
> > There were several
> > of those trees
> > and other trees
> > behind them
> > beyond a field
> > and behind them, other trees.
> >
> > Later, I stood near
> > as a crowd
> > watched Pops and my Uncle
> > cooking apple butter;
> > stirring the brown gunk,
> > boiling in a huge black kettle.
> >
> > I saw my father
> > secretly pass
> > a wine bottle
> > to my Uncle Clarence.
> >
> > I went from
> > breathing cold mist
> > out back behind the barn,
> > to breathing
> > the hot misty steam.
> >
> > The air smelled of apple fumes
> > and strong booze.
> >
> > -Will Dockery
>
> And remember the wise reminder Karla K. Rogers often posted:
>
> "Do not mistake the speaker in the poem with te writer of the poem..."
> -Karla Rogers

> You've already said that the poem was true

While my poetry has autobiographical elements, I've never claimed every
detail was literally the truth, Pendragon.

Will Dockery

Apr 24, 2019, 5:06:29 PM4/24/19
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> Then why use the real names of the individuals portrayed?

A no point does the speaker of the poem identify himself, and the names and
locations may or may not be exact.

Most of my poetry takes place in a fictional place called Shadowville,
anyhow.

Will Dockery

Apr 24, 2019, 5:53:40 PM4/24/19
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

<lies snipped>

Why do you lie so much, Pendragon?

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 24, 2019, 5:58:26 PM4/24/19
"General Zod" wrote in message

> Here is the "Apple Montage" poem, for scrutiny and comment.
>
> Good let's discuss this now and sort out Pen's lies....

Great plan...

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2019, 2:21:33 AM4/29/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqcboj...@homeridae.org...

>>> Like I said: You're confusing "poet"

No, I didn't confuse you for a poet, P.J.R. - I understand you're in total
troll mode these days.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2019, 2:24:38 AM4/29/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:26:23 +0000 (UTC),
Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:19:06 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
>> the definitive one.
>
> Like I said: You're confusing "poet" with

No, not with you, Cujo.

Everybody knows you post no poetry, only your stale bullshit.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2019, 2:29:36 AM4/29/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqcc7p...@homeridae.org...
> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Will
> Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in news:0ee2e63f-8153-40c0-
> 8798-1e4...@googlegroups.com:

>>> That would be

<snip>

Several hundred poems and songs at this point... and still rolling, of
course... unlike you, since you seem to hasve retired from poetry to become
a full time troll, Peter.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2019, 2:31:58 AM4/29/19

"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqcc2l...@homeridae.org...

> boozing himself into unconsciousness every day of his life
> from his early teenage years onwards

You're still spreading that lie, I see, Peter, when you know I stopped
drinking in 2008.

Why do you loe so much, Peter J. Ross?

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2019, 3:35:10 AM4/29/19
"Pendragon" wrote in message news:slrnph5ll...@homeridae.org...

>> > Yeah, and so were/is Jim Morrison, Michael Stipe, Jewel, Alicia
>> > Keys, Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson ...

Again, not the same as Leonard Cohen, who was a successful poet a full
decade before becoming a folk singer.

Will Dockery

May 2, 2019, 3:20:23 AM5/2/19
"ME" wrote in message
> michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > A montage is neither a setting nor a backdrop
>
> Go ahead and write your own version of a montage in poetry, I already have
> mine, love it or hate it, and with the previous thread up to nearly 800
> posts, time to break it and start a new thread for "Apple Montage".
>
> Apple Montage, coming soon to Instagram:
>
> https://www.instagram.com/willdockery007/?hl=en

> You just can’t

While you just can't read an comment on a poem to save your life, can't you,
obsesso stalking troll?

:)

Peter J Ross

May 2, 2019, 9:45:43 AM5/2/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:24:27 -0400, Will
Why do you loe all the time, Drecknozzle?

Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.

On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.

On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.

--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus

Peter J Ross

May 2, 2019, 9:53:09 AM5/2/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:29:27 -0400, Will
Dockery wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqcc7p...@homeridae.org...
>> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Will
>> Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in news:0ee2e63f-8153-40c0-
>> 8798-1e4...@googlegroups.com:

> <snip>
>
> Several hundred poems and songs at this point...

You've never written anything that could reasonably be called a poem
or a song, and there's no reason to think that you ever will.

> and still rolling, of course...

What you do when you fall into the gutter is your own affair.

> unlike you, since you seem to hasve retired from poetry to become
> a full time troll, Peter.

I submitted a draft of a new sonnet for c&c just a few days ago.

Peter J Ross

May 2, 2019, 9:57:33 AM5/2/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:31:49 -0400, Will
Dockery wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqcc2l...@homeridae.org...
>>
>> boozing himself into unconsciousness every day of his life
>> from his early teenage years onwards
>
> You're still spreading that lie, I see, Peter, when you know I stopped
> drinking in 2008.

How would I know that? All the evidence I've seen suggests that you
started again the morning after stopping.

> Why do you loe so much, Peter J. Ross?

Although I may sometimes wind slowly o'er the lea, don't confuse me
with one of the herd, Dreckwit.

(whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh)

Cujo DeSockpuppet

May 2, 2019, 10:24:21 PM5/2/19
Peter J Ross <p...@homeridae.org> wrote in
It was my first attempt. I'm still waiting for Dreckster's first.

Sucks to be The Douchebag!

"You must mean every time I type? I get 100 dollars an hour to open my
mouth and convey my truth." - Eddieee, wondering why nobody calls him.

Will Dockery

May 8, 2019, 6:56:11 PM5/8/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqd6g2...@homeridae.org...

> It's Booze O'Clock all day long in Deepest Shallowville.

Obsess much?

:)

Will Dockery

May 26, 2019, 11:08:52 PM5/26/19
"Zod" wrote in message

>> Here is the "Apple Montage" poem, for scrutiny and comment.
>
> No doubt about it this is a montage in the form of poetry....

You are correct, Zod.

;)

Will Dockery

May 27, 2019, 12:14:30 AM5/27/19
"Zod" wrote in message
> Brilliant and apparently quite subtle montage effect...…...

Subtle is apparently correct... heh.

Will Dockery

May 29, 2019, 1:44:01 AM5/29/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqegb1...@homeridae.org...

> while pretending to be sober

At least you have the desire to be sober, PJR.

I've been sober since 2008, and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.

;)

Will Dockery

May 29, 2019, 1:57:12 AM5/29/19
"General Zod" wrote in message
> Good let's discuss this now and sort out Pen's lies....

You know Pendragon, though, once he lies, he really digs in with it.

:)

Will Dockery

May 29, 2019, 2:26:56 AM5/29/19
"Coco DeSockmonkey" wrote in message
> HTH & HAND.

> I see the poem.
>
> I don't see the montage

I wonder why since the montage effect is so obvious?

Will Dockery

May 29, 2019, 3:10:09 AM5/29/19
General Zod <zodthe...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Writes Peter J. Ross... who is too ignorant to appreciate the poetry
>> of two greats like Edgar Allan Poe and William Blake.....

That is pretty foolish, I agree.

Peter J Ross

May 31, 2019, 1:29:49 PM5/31/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 29 May 2019 01:43:59 -0400, Will
Dockery wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqegb1...@homeridae.org...
>>
>> while pretending to be sober
>
> At least you have the desire to be sober, PJR.

Where did you get that idea, Dreckwit?

> I've been sober since 2008,

Why have you lied daily for eleven years, Drunkwit?

> and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.

I'm very suspicious of teetotallers.

Fake teetotallers (such as you) are even worse.

Will Dockery

Jul 17, 2019, 4:07:15 AM7/17/19
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqclt4...@homeridae.org...

> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
>
> I didn't think it was a good poem.

> --
> PJR :-)

> τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
> - Democritus

A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 17, 2019, 6:13:08 AM7/17/19
"Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in

> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message
>>
>> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
>>
>> I didn't think it was a good poem.

Hi, dishonest Dreckweasel! You left the first and last line out,
scumbag!

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt45.c
mq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E

****************
>> Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?

>> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.

>> On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.

>> On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of
>> yours.
****************

Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?

> A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.

And yet another dishonest one from you, Douchebag! Why are you so
fucking stupid?

"And again, anyone who believes they have THE answers, is suffering
from delusions of granduer, a liar, a fool, and lacking in mature
perspectives." - Edmo in self-diagnosis mode.

Peter J Ross

Jul 21, 2019, 1:04:31 PM7/21/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:13:06 +0000 (UTC),
Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> "Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in
>
>> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message
>>>
>>> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
>>>
>>> I didn't think it was a good poem.
>
> Hi, dishonest Dreckweasel! You left the first and last line out,
> scumbag!
>
> http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt45.cmq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E
>
> ****************
>>> Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
>
>>> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
>
>>> On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
>
>>> On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of
>>> yours.
> ****************
>
> Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?

>> A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.
>
> And yet another dishonest one from you, Douchebag! Why are you so
> fucking stupid?

I think his fucking stupidity is a result of having only two
grandparents.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 21, 2019, 1:42:00 PM7/21/19
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmail.com> wrote in

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:13:06 +0000 (UTC),
> Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
>
>> "Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in
>>
>>> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message

>> Hi, dishonest Dreckweasel! You left the first and last line out,
>> scumbag!
>>
>> http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt4
>> 5.cmq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E
>>
>> ****************

>> ****************
>>
>> Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
> Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?

"I have violated NO ISPs AUP."- Ed the Liar.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

Peter J Ross

Jul 21, 2019, 2:26:04 PM7/21/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:41:59 +0000 (UTC),
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 21, 2019, 2:42:19 PM7/21/19
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmail.com> wrote in
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?

"Interesting that you abuser/junkies think that because you clutter
up a bunch of newsgroups with harassment and off topic spin doctoring
that this has some affect on me as a chewtoy." - Ed the chewtoy.

Peter J Ross

Jul 21, 2019, 2:48:03 PM7/21/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 21 Jul 2019 18:42:18 +0000 (UTC),
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying pissbum?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 21, 2019, 3:14:31 PM7/21/19
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmail.com> wrote in
Can you be any more of a delusional piece of shit, lying pissbum?

"Irrelevant. The unaware fear me. The aware welcome me." - Edmo, brave
explorer of PF Chang's explains why he's always on topic in kook groups.

Peter J Ross

Jul 21, 2019, 4:19:39 PM7/21/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 21 Jul 2019 19:14:30 +0000 (UTC),
Can you be any more of a psychotically narcissistic piece of shit, lying pissbum?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 21, 2019, 6:30:32 PM7/21/19
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmail.com> wrote in
Can you be any more of a worthless piece of shit, lying pissbum?

"Now that Google will be established as a "foundational aspect" of the
Internet, my work is secure and referenceable for many years to come.
Just as I planned it." - Edmo plots his immortality via Google.

Peter J Ross

Jul 21, 2019, 6:52:26 PM7/21/19
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 21 Jul 2019 22:30:30 +0000 (UTC),
Can you be any more of a thieving piece of shit, lying pissbum?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jul 21, 2019, 8:13:35 PM7/21/19
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmail.com> wrote in
Can you be any more of a cowardly piece of shit, lying pissbum?

W.Dockery

Dec 24, 2020, 5:22:04 PM12/24/20
Peter J Ross wrote:

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 29 May 2019 01:43:59 -0400, Will
> Dockery wrote:

>> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqegb1...@homeridae.org...
>>>
>>> while pretending to be sober
>>
>> At least you have the desire to be sober, PJR.

> Where did you get that idea, Dreckwit?

>> I've been sober since 2008,

> Why have you lied daily for eleven years, Drunkwit?

>> and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.

> I'm very suspicious of teetotallers.

> Fake teetotallers (such as you) are even worse.

One more week and I will have stopped drinking for 13 years, having stopped New Year's Day 2008.

:)

W-Dockery

May 30, 2022, 9:45:19 AM5/30/22
"General Zod" wrote in message
Not sure what's left to discuss, reposting this one for comment and critique from the newer readers here, and future readers.

HTH and HAND.

W-Dockery

May 31, 2022, 12:05:16 PM5/31/22
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message news:slrnqegb1...@homeridae.org...

> while pretending to be sober

I just noticed this post in the archives.

Perhaps PJR doesn't post here now because he stays too drunk to pretend to be sober?

W.Dockery

May 31, 2022, 11:35:18 PM5/31/22
"General Zod" wrote in message
> Good let's discuss this now and sort out Pen's lies.... You know Pen, though, once he lies, he really digs in with it...!

You nailed it, Zod.

🙂

General-Zod

Jun 1, 2022, 3:00:18 PM6/1/22
For those who have missed the poem, and this thread was broken....!

W.Dockery

Jun 1, 2022, 5:00:15 PM6/1/22
General Zod wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 9:26:55 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > And parlayed excellently I might add...
>> >
>> > ***********************************************
>> > ***************************************
>>
>> Thanks, Zod, this thread needed the poem.
>>
>> 🙂

> Ye art welcomed, Sir Doc....!

Good afternoon, my friend, I hope you and Mike are doing well on this Summery day.

:)

W-Dockery

Jun 1, 2022, 9:15:15 PM6/1/22
Good evening, and thanks for setting the thread on the right track.

General-Zod

Jun 3, 2022, 3:40:19 PM6/3/22
Good day, and I thank.....

W.Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 5:25:14 PM6/3/22
"Coco DeSockmonkey" wrote in message
We never could see eye to eye on that one, could we?

:)

General-Zod

Jun 3, 2022, 5:50:13 PM6/3/22
Peter could be quite puzzling at some times....

W-Dockery

Jun 6, 2022, 11:20:15 PM6/6/22
Good evening, Zod, I hope you and Mike are having a good one.

🙂

Rocky Stoneberg

Jun 8, 2022, 5:55:14 PM6/8/22
Either way, this is an all-time Fave of Doc poetry.....

W-Dockery

Jun 9, 2022, 12:25:18 AM6/9/22
Thanks again for the nod, Rocky.

🙂

Victor H.

Jun 11, 2022, 5:40:13 PM6/11/22
Quite well, have been enjoying the fine Summer weather,...!

W-Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 1:05:21 PM6/12/22
Sometimes, and sometimes very transparent.

W.Dockery

Jun 14, 2022, 1:15:15 AM6/14/22
It's coming in full scale.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jun 22, 2022, 8:00:18 AM6/22/22
Good morning my friend, and thanks again for the positive feedback.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jul 27, 2022, 3:40:21 PM7/27/22
Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> "Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in

>> "Peter J Ross" wrote in message
>>>
>>> Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
>>>
>>> I didn't think it was a good poem.

> You left the

> http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt45.c
> mq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E

> ****************

My point was made.

HTH and HAND.

W.Dockery

Jul 27, 2022, 6:30:16 PM7/27/22

Rocky Stoneberg

Aug 8, 2022, 7:10:20 PM8/8/22
One of the all-time best....

W-Dockery

Aug 11, 2022, 12:10:10 PM8/11/22
Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

🙂

Victor H.

Aug 14, 2022, 5:57:56 PM8/14/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> Apple Montage by Will Dockery:

> https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/2022/06/apple-montage.html

Outstanding poem for the ages....

W.Dockery

Aug 16, 2022, 5:11:55 AM8/16/22
Thanks again for the nod.

Victor H.

Aug 17, 2022, 9:07:16 PM8/17/22
Is is still working right...?

Let us test it...

W-Dockery

Aug 21, 2022, 12:35:13 PM8/21/22
Thanks again for the bump, Zod.

W-Dockery

Apr 27, 2023, 7:40:13 PM4/27/23
General Zod <zodthe...@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> Writes Peter J. Ross... who is too ignorant to appreciate the poetry
>>> of two greats like Edgar Allan Poe and William Blake.....

In fact, very similar to Michael Pendragon's delusions of being a better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and e.e. cummings.

:)

W-Dockery

Jun 8, 2023, 3:25:15 AM6/8/23
***

Revised and updated June 2023 for the Shadowville Mythos poetry blog:
https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/?m=1

General-Zod

Aug 29, 2023, 3:30:23 PM8/29/23
Another read of a very fine work of poetry...!

W.Dockery

Aug 29, 2023, 3:40:21 PM8/29/23

W.Dockery

Aug 31, 2023, 9:40:23 AM8/31/23
Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
> Another read of a very fine work of poetry...!

Thanks again for the read.

🙂

General-Zod

Oct 2, 2023, 1:20:15 PM10/2/23
One of best...

General-Zod

Oct 3, 2023, 6:10:12 PM10/3/23
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on 29 September 2023 01:43:59 -0400, Will Dockery wrote:

> One more week and I will have stopped drinking for 13 years, having stopped New Year's Day 2008.

Congrduhlations....!

W.Dockery

Oct 18, 2023, 10:05:18 AM10/18/23
> For those who have missed the poem

Thanks again for the endorsement, my friend.

General-Zod

Oct 21, 2023, 4:50:15 PM10/21/23
>> For those who have missed the poem, and this thread was broken....!

> Good evening

How'd do Doc...?

W.Dockery

Oct 26, 2023, 7:20:15 PM10/26/23
Thanks for reading and commenting, Zod.

:)

General-Zod

Nov 29, 2023, 3:30:22 PM11/29/23
Another read... once more... one of best....

W.Dockery

Dec 3, 2023, 3:10:20 AM12/3/23
🙂

General-Zod