PPB: When the Brow of June / Emily Pfeiffer

1 view

George J. Dance

Jun 28, 2022, 4:22:21 PM6/28/22
Sunday's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
When the Brow of June, by Emily Pfeiffer

When the brow of June is crowned by the rose
And the air is faint and fain with her breath,
Then the Earth hath rest from her long birth-throes. [...]

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/06/when-brow-of-june-is-crowned-by-rose.html

George J. Dance

Jul 1, 2022, 12:36:10 AM7/1/22
On 2022-06-29 6:46 p.m., W.Dockery wrote:
> Victor Hugo Fan wrote:
>> Quite interesting and obscure for these eyes.......
>
> New poet to me, as well.

I can't say I knew much about her. She's in the /Dictionary of National
Biography/ - that's the bio I used - but there's not much in it. I
hadn't read any of her books; this is a second poem I've blogged of
hers, with a "winter" one to follow next year, all of which came from
anthologies.

W.Dockery

Jul 26, 2022, 8:10:15 PM7/26/22
Good job on keeping these poets and their poems available for view.

W.Dockery

Aug 9, 2022, 4:59:04 PM8/9/22
Zod wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 4:22:21 PM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>>
> Quite interesting and obscure for these eyes.......

Likewise, and, again, kudos to George Dance for keeping these poets out of obscurity.

And so it goes.

General-Zod

Aug 12, 2022, 7:16:51 PM8/12/22
Cool... cool....