Re: "A Certain Music" / a poem by Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Apr 9, 2018, 5:36:43 PM4/9/18
"Chafetz Chayim benAvraham" wrote in message
> On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 11:22:25 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>>"A Certain Music"
>
> This is the music that must be heard vs. the sound of cap guns and
> paedobarneys and nazigmen goose-stepping in the streets of El Dorado...

Indeed, it was good enough for "Me" to try and steal, after all... heh.

STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa
Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark

Will Dockery

Apr 9, 2018, 8:46:25 PM4/9/18
"JD Chase" wrote in message

> Very nice, Will! 👍😎🥂❤️

Thank you, Jordy.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 9, 2018, 8:48:32 PM4/9/18
"Willie" wrote in message
>On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 10:46:38 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> A recent poem if you have time for a read and comment, much
>> appreciated...
>
> I like the "smoke and fog" image, and the way you lay out the lines.

Much appreciated, Willie.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 10, 2018, 12:58:35 AM4/10/18
"James Zadok" wrote in message

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 10:16:46 PM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 11:27:10 AM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
> >
> > Does certain mean "known for sure; established beyond doubt" or "some
> > but not all"? Or something else?
>
> Even "specific but not explicitly named or stated" doesn't quite apply,
> though it's closer than the other two.
>
> 1. fixed, settled (e.g., "a certain percentage of the profit")
>
> 2. of a specific but unspecified character, quantity, or degree
> (e.g., "the house has a certain charm")
>
> 3. dependable, reliable (e.g., a certain remedy for the disease")
>
> 4. known or proved to be true : indisputable (e.g., "it is certain
> that we exist"
>
> 5. inevitable (e.g., "the certain advance of age")
>
> 6. incapable of failing : destined —used with a following infinitive
> (e.g., "she is certain to do well")
>
> 7. assured in mind or action (e.g., I am certain they are right")
>
> I think your certain music is closest to 2. But maybe not. Maybe you mean,
> in the smoke and fog, you've found your musical path.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRk8znla4H0
>
> What's her name? I can't tell ya.

https://vimeo.com/176847279

"Now, there's a certain thing
That I learned from my friend, Mouse
That fella who never blushes
And that is that one must always
Flush out his house
If he don't expect to be housing flushes"

Ah, yes, but I think it was more of an influence from Frank O'Hara...

Will Dockery

Apr 10, 2018, 9:38:21 PM4/10/18
I did learn from the best, Willie... you're aware of a few of those...

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 11, 2018, 7:59:30 PM4/11/18
"Willie" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 11:27:10 AM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 11:20:05 AM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 10:46:38 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > > "A Certain Music" / a poem written by Will Dockery.
>
> Does certain mean "known for sure; established beyond doubt" or "some but
> not all"? Or something else?

Even "specific but not explicitly named or stated" doesn't quite apply,
though it's closer than the other two.

1. fixed, settled (e.g., "a certain percentage of the profit")

2. of a specific but unspecified character, quantity, or degree
(e.g., "the house has a certain charm")

3. dependable, reliable (e.g., a certain remedy for the disease")

4. known or proved to be true : indisputable (e.g., "it is certain
that we exist"

5. inevitable (e.g., "the certain advance of age")

6. incapable of failing : destined —used with a following infinitive
(e.g., "she is certain to do well")

7. assured in mind or action (e.g., I am certain they are right")

I think your certain music is closest to 2. But maybe not. Maybe you mean,
in the smoke and fog, you've found your musical path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRk8znla4H0

What's her name? I can't tell ya.

I'll mull on this, Willie... it was that sound that wind makes in trees,
with birds, and a distand crash of waves... and the spheres...

Will Dockery

Apr 12, 2018, 10:49:38 AM4/12/18
"Usenet Editor" wrote in message
> Nobody gives a

Yet here you are again, obviously giving one, and caring very, very much.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 12, 2018, 5:24:23 PM4/12/18
> On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 12:05:10 AM UTC-7, Usenet Editor babbles
>
>> Nobody gives a

<SNIP>

> לעזוב א ותך פדופילמחורבן

Translation please, Stephan?

Will Dockery

Apr 12, 2018, 6:25:21 PM4/12/18
> Loosely: go fuck yourself...

About appropriate, since it seems to do that to itself with every post.

:)

Will Dockery

Apr 13, 2018, 1:20:47 AM4/13/18
I suspect the little fuckwit does that anyway, in the privacy of his
bedroom...

Will Dockery

Apr 19, 2018, 3:48:00 AM4/19/18
"Chafetz Chayim benAvraham" wrote in message

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 12:05:10 AM UTC-7, Usenet Editor babbles

> 6 unanswered replies by you. Nobody gives a shit. Just shut up and take
> your garbage poetry attempts elsewhere.

לעזוב א ותך פדופילמחורבן
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That will no doubt send the little Nazi fuckwit scurrying to the translation
page... heh.

Will Dockery

Apr 19, 2018, 12:31:11 PM4/19/18
"Chafetz Chayim benAvraham" wrote in message
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
> "A Certain Music"

This is the music that must be heard vs. the sound of cap guns and
paedobarneys and nazigmen goose-stepping in the streets of El Dorado...

Thanks again, Stephan...

Will Dockery

Apr 24, 2018, 5:05:05 PM4/24/18
Point is, you don't use original music for your second hander works.

Will Dockery

Jun 4, 2018, 6:56:26 PM6/4/18
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> session
>> >
>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > We can apply that to the hundreds of posts you and a couple others
>> > here
> make about me on a daily basis, then.
>>
>> > A "profound obsession" with Will Dockery, there, by your logic.
>>
>> We all just want you gone.
>
> The advice you gave me for people I "wanted gone" should apply just as
> well to you, it seems... you gave the advice, why no follow it for
> your own problems, rather than the endless whining, Pendragon?

> http://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/Ka2R4ywc/faq-welcome-to-alt
> -arts-poetry-comments-read-this-first
>
> Look Will, you're basically the heart and soul of this group and are
> largely responsible for holding what's left of it together ... If you
> were to leave, George, Corey and I would probably only drop in
> occasionally for a while, until the inactivity and increase of spam
> would turn the whole thing into a wasteland.
>
> I'm asking you to try it my way for a while, and see if things don't
> improve. There are only 2 things you've got to do:
>
> 1) Stop replying to Pete, Kevin, Dink, Gary and Aratzio. I don't care
> if you think you've got a terrific comeback or not. File it away for
> future use. Make a pretend killfile, stick them all in it, and stop
> reading (and, especially, responding to) their posts. The number one
> rule of the internet is DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. Learn it. Live it.
> Become it.
>
> 2) Stop dredging up past incidents that have been beaten into the
> ground. We all know that you've been clean and sober for the past 8
> years. We all know that Michael Cook made a video of Karma Bombs
> without your permission and without (initially) crediting you. We all
> know that Karla took a dead poet to court. And we all know that Pete
> never chastised Fred for posting "Howl".
>
> That's all. Two little things. So simple a caveman could do it.
> ================================
>> I did try it for three years, and it worked.
>
> Actually, it

It worked as well as could be expected... I didn't expect you to just wander
away, as obsessed as you are.

:)

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jun 4, 2018, 6:58:40 PM6/4/18
Fuck off, Douchebag.

"I am no longer posting and all messages you see are forgeries." - Ed,
still lying after all these years.

Will Dockery

Jun 8, 2018, 2:39:18 PM6/8/18
"Me", this was a new poem, written and posted here earlier this year, 2018.

Will Dockery

Jan 9, 2019, 6:11:52 PM1/9/19
"A Certain Music"

Sweet smell
of Magnolia
in the air
as I walk
by an old church.

Under a canopy
of Spanish moss.

My memories
like the leaves
around me
rustle through
my thoughts tonight.

I stroll
with good cheer
in this
balmy autumn night.

At peace at last
at peace
with the past.

Let's take it down
to a new level
take it down
to sea level.

I walk
through
smoke and fog
following
a certain music.

-Will Dockery

Represented for the newcomers among us...

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2019, 3:27:14 AM2/27/19

Will Dockery

Aug 11, 2020, 3:43:28 PM8/11/20
"JD Chase" wrote in message

> Very nice, Will! 👍😎🥂❤️

Again, thank you and good afternoon, Jordy.

;)

Zod

Aug 20, 2020, 9:26:04 PM8/20/20
Hello Doc and Jordy...!!

W.Dockery

Oct 19, 2020, 12:03:04 PM10/19/20
Hello there, Zod.

:)

Zod

Oct 19, 2020, 5:58:04 PM10/19/20
Hey hey hey....

W.Dockery

Oct 19, 2020, 8:44:04 PM10/19/20
I haven't seen Jordy here in a while.

Hopefully the homophobic troll Rochester hasn't driven him away.

Zod

Oct 19, 2020, 9:55:03 PM10/19/20
As demonstrated by senile old Rochester....

Zod

Dec 17, 2020, 10:10:04 PM12/17/20
Hello friends, look at this FOX garbage...

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 12:07:09 PM UTC-5, Willie wrote:

> Not sure how I stumbled on this page, but for me the interesting part was not the misreporting of Bob's death, but how disdainful in the Comments the Fox crowd is about MSNBC:
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-falsely-reports-bob-dylan-died

FOX News idiots... !

W.Dockery

Dec 18, 2020, 5:06:09 AM12/18/20
Not surprising.

General-Zod

Mar 20, 2022, 5:15:15 PM3/20/22
Is this qworking...?

W-Dockery

Mar 24, 2022, 4:10:10 AM3/24/22
> Is this working...?

Crossposting?

Yes.

General Zod

Apr 8, 2022, 4:38:12 PM4/8/22
On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 5:36:43 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> "Chafetz Chayim benAvraham" wrote in message
> > On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 11:22:25 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> >>"A Certain Music"
> >
> > This is the music that must be heard vs. the sound of cap guns and
> > paedobarneys and nazigmen goose-stepping in the streets of El Dorado...
>
> Indeed, it was good enough for "Me" to try and steal, after all... heh.

> STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
> Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa
> Researcher
> לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
> THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT
>
> IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
> davening in the musematic dark

Again quite good....

General-Zod

Oct 8, 2023, 4:00:15 PM10/8/23
"JD Chase" wrote in message

> Very nice, Will! 👍😎🥂❤️

Hi JC again... agreed....

W.Dockery

Oct 13, 2023, 8:55:13 PM10/13/23
Good evening Zod and Jordy.

😃

W.Dockery

Oct 19, 2023, 12:00:17 PM10/19/23
"JD Chase" wrote in message

> Very nice, Will! 👍😎🥂❤️

As always, thanks again for your support and encouragement, Jordy.

😃

Jordy C

Oct 19, 2023, 3:17:30 PM10/19/23
Sure, my pleasure, Will…

W.Dockery

Oct 20, 2023, 9:35:14 PM10/20/23
Faraway Star wrote:

> On Friday, October 20, 2023 at 9:21:52 PM UTC-4, Jordy C wrote:
>>
>> "A Certain Music"

>> > Hi JC again... agreed....
>> hey there, FS

> Good day to you JC...!

Hello there Zod and Jordy.

😃

General-Zod

Oct 25, 2023, 2:45:18 PM10/25/23
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Friday, October 20, 2023 at 5:21:48 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
>> > hey there, FS
>> Good day to you JC...!

> The things one finds xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, there's always a pinheaded troll like you lurking around... ha ha.

That is all.

W.Dockery

Oct 25, 2023, 6:30:19 PM10/25/23
Jordy C wrote:

>> As always, thanks again for your support and encouragement, Jordy.
>>

> hola Mr Will

Good afternoon, my friend.

:)

W.Dockery

Oct 27, 2023, 12:50:17 PM10/27/23
Faraway Star wrote:

> On Friday, October 27, 2023 at 9:21:52 PM UTC-4, Jordy C wrote:
>> > Hi JC again... agreed....
>> hey there, FS

> Good day to you JC...!

Good afternoon, Zod and Judy