PPB: Afternoon on a Hill / Edna St. Vincent Millay

George J. Dance

May 21, 2022, 1:14:37 PM5/21/22
Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
Afternoon on a Hill, by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/05/afternoon-on-hill-edna-st-vincent-millay_21.html

Zod

May 21, 2022, 2:20:14 PM5/21/22
NancyGene wrote:
> Obviously Ms. St. Vincent Millay took the title from:

> Hosea 4:13
> "They sacrifice on the tops of the mountains, and burn incense on the hills, under oaks and poplars and terebinths, because its shade is good. Therefore your daughters play the prostitute, and your brides commit adultery."

Probably not, troll...!

George J. Dance

May 21, 2022, 3:28:32 PM5/21/22
But we must give NG a chance. I'm sure they can make a very good case
that Millay's speaker is up on the hill whoring around and killing
cattle. And I'm sure Michael will have some interesting observations on
the scene as well. So let's wait for the full "review."

General-Zod

May 21, 2022, 3:55:15 PM5/21/22
Indeed, sounds more like a Charles Bukowski poem... ha ha.

W.Dockery

May 21, 2022, 4:40:16 PM5/21/22
True.

:)