When The Mill Shut Down / Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2015, 12:37:04 AM8/15/15
When The Mill Shut Down

When the mill shut down
we hit the pavement with a thud
then we all got up and kept walking.

Some to the work house
some to the poor house
some to the whorehouse
and the grave.

-Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2015, 8:47:16 AM8/17/15
"Hieronymous707" wrote in message
news:738ac5c1-3e87-43a5...@googlegroups.com...

> The End

No, there's a few more chapters left, such as...

She Sleeps Tight

Sleeps so tight
she has a marksman's eye.
Maker's mark
tattoo firewater spine.
Leather shoes
but nowhere to go.

Dice and coins
scattered in the snow.
Dice and coins
scattered in the snow.

Won't be long,
until I see her face.
She's waiting
in an undisclosed place.
I've been conspired
banned from my muse.

This won't stick
poor boy's all confused.
This won't stick
poor boy's all confused.

In Salem town
she keeps her chin so high.
Darkened breeze
she smiles as I roll by.
Step inside
she looks for tables left.

Wink at time
nothing lasts except yourself.
Wink at time
nothing lasts except yourself.

Like a Steamboat
she plans to roll on down.
To the Gulf
out of this dirty town.
Copper mesh
kept stuffed in a jar.

Sharp cold hit
turning wine to water.
Sharp cold hit
turning wine to water.

We know him
eye deed by his ship.
In a trap
a kind of goose chase trip.
Whiskey fumes
and stale gun smoke.

Sunk and drowned
with all her knives and jokes.
Sunk and drowned
with all her knives and jokes.

Sleeps so tight
she has a marksman's eye.
Maker's mark
tattoo firewater spine.
Leather shoes
but nowhere to go.

-Will Dockery

And so it goes...

Read more at
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2011/04/she-sleeps-tight-wil-dockery.html

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2015, 10:05:51 AM8/17/15

"Hieronymous707" wrote in message
news:927769b9-1b58-434b...@googlegroups.com on Monday, August
17, 2015 at 9:46:04 AM UTC-4:

> Then go look for your argument
> elsewhere. You know you want to.

I'd rather hear more about this:

On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:07:10 AM UTC-4, Hieronymous707 wrote:
> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
> later when we both have more time.

If time permits.

:D

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2015, 5:52:10 PM8/17/15
"Hieronymous707" wrote in message

> Really? Does KILL file sound violent to you too?
> Isn't that virtually killing someone? If I didn't want
> to have this exchange with you, I wouldn't be here.
> If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead to me.

And I still feel that we had a good weekend that time you showed up at
Doo-Nanny. Here's a photo Patricia just gave me of her and several others
you met while you were down here in Dixie - Kip, Doris and Gary (may he rest
in peace).

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/357684395383496568/

Check out "Walking (To The Edge Of Town Tonight) / Will Dockery & Deby
Love-Payne​"

https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/23942838-walking-to-edge-town-tonight--will

And... so... it goes, goes, goes.

:D

Will Dockery

Sep 16, 2015, 6:12:31 PM9/16/15
"Hieronymous707" wrote in message

> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
> later when we both have more time.

A good example of Corey on a better day, which, unfortunately, never lasted
long.

Posts like these make me miss the little cuss, though.

:D

Will Dockery

Sep 16, 2015, 6:14:16 PM9/16/15
"BPJ" wrote in message
> Hieronymous707 wrote:
>
>> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
>> later when we both have more time.
>
> "It takes courage to be a real friend to Corey."
> -'Angel' (wife of Rev707)

Lord knows I did try.

:D

Will Dockery

Dec 31, 2015, 4:43:54 PM12/31/15
"Hieronymous707" wrote in message

> If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead

<threat snipped>

Do tell.

:D

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Dec 31, 2015, 11:10:35 PM12/31/15
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmx.com> wrote in

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:43:50 -0500, Will
> Dockery wrote:
>
> <spewsnip>

> How's that "not replying to the 'trolls'" schtick working out for you,
> Dreckster?

It's working really well from my point of view. I can laugh at little
willie douchebag all I want.

"Few things suppress female sexuality more than a flaccid dick and a guy
talking like Mickey Mouse while wearing panties on his head." - Phoenix
describing
Ed "Pantyhead" Wollmann in one sentence.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

Will Dockery

Jan 1, 2016, 12:48:25 AM1/1/16
For those who missed the start of this thread.

c & c welcome.

:D

Bill Evans

Jan 1, 2016, 6:56:12 AM1/1/16
"Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote:
> When The Mill Shut Down
>
> When the mill shut down
> we hit the pavement with a thud
> then we all got up and kept walking.
>
> Some to the work house
> some to the poor house
> some to the whorehouse
> and the grave.

A lightweight poem about a heavy subject, but brevity can
pack a punch, as it does here.

I know that artistically speaking our culture favors threes
instead of fours, but would it be worthwhile to give a nod
to alcoholism here?

Some to the work house
some to the poor house
some to the ale house
some to the whorehouse
and the grave.

--
Bill Evans / Box 1224 / Mariposa, CA 95338 / (209)742-4720
pgpkey.mariposabill.com for public key. Key #: 8D8B521B

Will Dockery

Jan 7, 2016, 11:30:24 AM1/7/16
Bill Evans wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > When The Mill Shut Down
> >
> > When the mill shut down
> > we hit the pavement with a thud
> > then we all got up and kept walking.
> >
> > Some to the work house
> > some to the poor house
> > some to the whorehouse
> > and the grave.
>
> A lightweight poem about a heavy subject, but brevity can
> pack a punch, as it does here.
>
> I know that artistically speaking our culture favors threes
> instead of fours, but would it be worthwhile to give a nod
> to alcoholism here?
>
> Some to the work house
> some to the poor house
> some to the ale house
> some to the whorehouse
> and the grave.

Looking at this, Bill, while the image and sentiment of adding "ale house" isn't out of place, rhythmically it throws the piece off for me. As it is, it goes badda-bip, badda-bip, badda-bip... badda-BOOM with "grave".

Probably I'm too set on how the delivery /punches/ as it is, but I might try it with the "ale house" line tonight at the poetry reading I'm planning on tonight at the coffee shop open mic... and see what reactions it gets from the crowd.

And, thanks again for reading and commenting, Bill.

:D

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jan 10, 2016, 10:29:49 AM1/10/16

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 1 Jan 2016 04:10:34 +0000 (UTC),
> Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
>
>> Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmx.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:43:50 -0500, Will
>>> Dockery wrote:
>>>
>>> <spewsnip>

>>> How's that "not replying to the 'trolls'" schtick working out for
>>> you, Dreckster?
>>
>> It's working really well from my point of view. I can laugh at little
>> willie douchebag all I want.
>
> You can do that even when he's not pretending to ignore you, but I
> take your point. When he's pretending to ignore us, we could even tell
> lies about him, but neither of us would ever do so. The fact that he's
> a talentless, thieving, moronic, plagiarising, tone-deaf, drug-addled,
> unemployable beggar can be backed up with vast amounts of proof.

It'd be hard to make up a lie about a soap dodging pissbum who ducks
questions and child support and parades corpses around Usenet for
sympathy. I mean it might well be a lie to call Dreckery a pedophile but
it's certainly been proven he's enabled at least one pedophile[1].

[1] Perhaps Drecknozzle could take after his example and feed worms.

"Interesting how you abusers try to make things a "chuckle", but you
obsess over the chuckle for 7 years." - Ed the numerically-challenged.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jan 11, 2016, 8:49:06 PM1/11/16

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:29:47 +0000 (UTC),
> As you know, I've never called Dreckery a paedophile, even though he's
> stated repeatedly that pornographic pictures of children are "poems".
>
> I haven't even called Dunce a paedophile, even though he's stated
> repeatedly that the victims of paedophile photographers are "models",
> and described the little girls about whom paedophiles fantasise as
> "women".
>
> (The words in quotation marks are the precise words the kooks used
> when defending chuckles lysaght's posting of child pornography in
> AAPC. I provided Message-IDs only a few weeks ago, but can provide
> them again if any honest enquirer asks.)
>
> Perhaps I'm too scrupulous? But I'm proud of the fact that it's
> obvious even to stupid people that I've never told a lie about either
> of the plagiarising, paedophile-loving, spamming, whining, lying,
> unemployable, sociopathic, racist, misogynist, whining scum. To
> describe them as paedophiles would require the kind of logical leap
> that stupid people would be unable to understand.
>
> Besides, it's a principle of our excellent legal system that the
> burden of proof lies upon the prosecutor, and I'm not sure beyond
> reasonable doubt that Dreckery's and Dunce's hard drives are stuffed
> full with kiddy pr0n. It's possible that they're not.

You left out narcissistic deadbeat in Dreckster's case but I get your
point. However it's probably the ideal time to discuss why even mooching
losers like the Shadowville All-Scum won't associate with our resident
soap dodger any longer.

It's entirely possible that Dreckster showed something illegal and
disgusting to his former bandmates and with the last remaining sparks of
decency shipoped the pissbum off to Coventry.

"As for being a kook - we all kook, some kook better than others. And I
surely kook better than you." - Ilya Shambat on his own sanity.

Will Dockery

Jan 14, 2016, 10:30:21 AM1/14/16
Michael Pendragon wrote:
> madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Will Dockery wrote:

> > > That's okay if the writer wanted to "end" the story there, which I wasn't doing.
> > >
> > > The poem was written "in the moment":
>
> > > When The Mill Shut Down

<trollish spew ignored and snipped>

> Enough already, Dink.
>
> Post a poem. Critique a poem.
>
> Otherwise, please do us all a favor and stfu.

That just about says it all for poetry group participation, really.

:D

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Jan 16, 2016, 7:42:11 PM1/16/16

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 12 Jan 2016 01:49:05 +0000 (UTC),
>> of decency shipped the pissbum off to Coventry.
>
> Given his propensity for plagiarism, he may have claimed to be the
> author of chuckles's lysaght's "perfect angel", of which he was an
> enthusiastic admirer.
>
> DRECKERY: Hey guys, I've written a new song, it goes like this:
> <mumbles>I knew it was</mumbles>
> <bawls>WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!</bawls>
> <mumbles>She was only</mumbles>
> <bawls>TWEEEEEEEEEEEELVE</bawls>"
>
> BAND: WTF?

It's always possible that being seen in public with Dreckster may have
permanently harmed them economically and socially. I know it's a reach
given their lack of taste and discernment after all this time but one of
them may have had a moment of clarity[1].

Then again, having little willie douchebag around is a cockblock of the
first order. Perhaps one of them discovered they had nads and decided to
try to do something about it with a member of the opposite sex.

[1] Abg arpprffnevyl fboevrgl ohg vg'f eryngvir...

"....your harassment will probably endure until I get around to
punishing you into a legal and economic pulp, hence, I have no need to
rush the legal actions." - Ed explains why it's still February of 2002.

gareth

Jan 18, 2016, 3:04:06 PM1/18/16
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmx.com> wrote in

> In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:29:47
> As you know, I've never called Dreckery a paedophile, even
> though he's stated repeatedly that pornographic pictures of
> children are "poems".
>
> I haven't even called Dunce a paedophile, even though he's
> stated repeatedly that the victims of paedophile
> photographers are "models", and described the little girls
> about whom paedophiles fantasise as "women".

You've also never called Burnore that name even though
he is one.

Will Dockery

Jan 18, 2016, 6:46:04 PM1/18/16
Bill Evans wrote:

> Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was just posting this for someone else, elsewhere, so
> > will have to fetch the lyrics in the next post, if you're
> > not in the mood to listen to a video.
>
> I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm seldom in the mood to
> listen to a video. I usually sit at the computer listening
> to my own goshdarn music. Color me continually grouchy.
>
> (*grumble*)
>
> --
> Bill Evans / Box 1224 / Mariposa, CA 95338 / (209)742-4720

> pgpkey.mariposabill.com for public key. Key #: 8D8B521B
> PGPprint: 0A9C 3545 8FFF 7501 6265 1519 40FF 76F9 8D8B 521B

I am mostly the same way, but I usually make exceptions for the regulars here, who often respond in kind.

If you DO get the time, though, here's one I think you might like, which contains one of my (meaning one of my lines) favorite lines of poetry:

"When cheating is for losers and playing straight is for fools, you never know which way to go."

Check out the free download of the day: Black Crow's Brother / Will Dockery & Gini Woolfolk Davidson

https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/4926102-black-crows-brother--will-dockery?0

:D

Will Dockery

Feb 3, 2016, 9:53:01 AM2/3/16
"BPJ" wrote in message
> On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:07:10 AM UTC-4, Hieronymous707 wrote:
>
>> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
>> later when we both have more time.
>
> "It takes courage to be a real friend to Corey."
> -'Angel' (wife of Rev707)

A tolerance for hypocritical b.s. is more like it.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 3, 2016, 9:55:38 AM2/3/16

> Wait a sec. Are you saying you WANT me to
> be the OPPOSITE of brutally, intimately, in
> your face honest with you? Sure! No problem!
> Dude, that's easy, and a real load off my mind.
>
> Thanks.

Better yet, pick a consistent stance and stick with it woulod have worked
best.

:)

Will Dockery

Jun 18, 2016, 9:55:01 AM6/18/16
"Bill Evans" wrote in message

I appreciate the feedback on the poetry.

:)

Will Dockery

Jun 24, 2016, 9:05:02 AM6/24/16
"Bill Evans" wrote in message
> Michael Pendragon <michaelmalef...@gmail.com> wrote
(as edited for 80-column television):
> On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 11:32:46 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Bill Evans wrote:
> > > A lightweight poem about a heavy subject, but brevity can
> > > pack a punch, as it does here.
> > >
> > > I know that artistically speaking our culture favors threes
> > > instead of fours, but would it be worthwhile to give a nod
> > > to alcoholism here?
> > >
> > > Some to the work house
> > > some to the poor house
> > > some to the ale house
> > > some to the whorehouse
> > > and the grave.
> >
> > Looking at this, Bill, while the image and sentiment of
> > adding "ale house" isn't out of place, rhythmically it
> > throws the piece off for me. As it is, it goes
> > badda-bip, badda-bip, badda-bip... badda-BOOM with
> > "grave".
> >

> Agreed. There's a nursery rhyme quality to the original
> that strengthens the impact of the lines: lending them a
> cyclical pattern that's been repeated through several
> generations. The addition of the "ale house" line breaks
> the nursery rhyme feel, thus robbing the stanza of much of
> its power.

That's basically what I was getting at with:

> > > I know that artistically speaking our culture favors threes
> > > instead of fours

but you guys put it in far better words than I did.

I did enjoy your critique and commentary, though.

Will Dockery

Jun 25, 2016, 10:09:13 AM6/25/16
"BPJ" wrote in message
> Hieronymous707 wrote:
>
>> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
>> later when we both have more time.
>
> "It takes courage to be a real friend to Corey."
> -'Angel' (wife of Rev707)

No comment.

:)

Will Dockery

Nov 11, 2016, 9:18:59 AM11/11/16

> Lol. You remember reading something you never read,
> won't admit you never read it, but somehow I'm wrong.

It is what it is, still.

Will Dockery

Nov 11, 2016, 9:22:41 AM11/11/16
"Clerk Kent"; "mild-mannered reporter" wrote in message

The following message has been rescued for posterior:

~
~ When the mill shut down
~ we hit the cement with a thud,
~ and it hurt a lot more than it should,
~ but we got up and kept on walking.
~
~ Some to the jail house;
~ Some to the poor house;
~ Some to the ale house;
~ Some to the whorehouse;
~ and all to the grave.

-Will Dockery

~
~ Lol.

Good archiving, kudos.

Will Dockery

Nov 12, 2016, 6:06:48 AM11/12/16
Speaking of mood swings... heh.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2016, 3:48:46 PM11/16/16

madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Will Dockery FAQ
>
> <snipped for focus>

> More like snipped to avoid reality.

The confusion of fantasy with reality is known as being delusional.

> [...]
> > enough
> > knowledge to know who they are talking about.
> >
> > Other ackronyms will be added as necessary or time allows.
> >
> > 5. Names
> >
> > Amber. Amber is a former employee of Pizza Roma where Will works. Months
> > ago, Will's manager found her having sex with a fellow employee in the
> > back
> > room and blew a gasket. Will claims that Amber wasn't fired for fucking
> > in
> > the back room but was fired for something else. According to Will, Amber
> > has
> > either had sex with or plans to have sex with every male employee of
> > Pizza
> > Roma from the manager all the way to the owner. She is the truest
> > example of
> > a whore you could possibly find in Will's area.
> >
> > Will Dockery. Self-explanatory. Will works for Pizza Roma and loves to
> > mystify Usenet with the various tales from the store, some of which
> > would
> > cause any self-respecting health inspector to vomit. Will has hounddog
> > loyalty to his manager Pasko and would do anything to please him -- and
> > we
> > do mean anything.
> >
> > Pasko. Pasko is the retarded criminal who runs Pizza Roma. We say
> > retarded
> > because that's about the only way to rationally explain away his poor
> > decisions and we say criminal because Will has admitted that Pasko is a
> > criminal. According to Will, Pasko buys bootleg copies of movies off the
> > street from strangers and has guns in his office that he gives to his
> > employees to take on runs to "dangerous areas." While both of these are
> > felonies, Will claims that Pasko is NOT a convicted felon and that the
> > crime
> > he was in prison for was only a misdemeanor or something similar. But
> > don't
> > prod Will for details or he'll call you a "stalker."
> >
> > Trey. A fellow employee of Pizza Roma where Will works. Supposedly
> > threatened suicide in the parking lot with a shotgun he kept in the
> > trunk of
> > his car before Will and other employees talked him out of it.
> >
> > Matt. Another employee of Pizza Roma.
> >
> > Ben. The owner of Pizza Roma, allegedly clueless to everything going on
> > inside the store.
> >
> > Rusty. Russell "Bert" Waters, AKA Russell B. Waters, AKA Rusty, is
> > another
> > pizza boy who inhabits rec.arts.poems and alt.pizza.delivery.drivers and
> > who
> > is on a slightly lower level than Will when it comes to doing and saying
> > unbelievable shit that makes you wonder if they aren't some really bad
> > version of the Matrix. Rusty is an overweight, homosexual, white
> > supremacist
> > who lives with his parents and works in a bank. We wish we were making

Wow... that's quite a collection of personal information...

Obsess/Stalk much?

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2016, 12:36:18 PM11/23/16
"gareth" wrote in message

> You've also never called Burnore that name even though he is one.

Consider the source, as D. M. Hammes used to respond in a case of hypocrisy
such as that.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 24, 2016, 4:15:12 PM11/24/16
"Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in
Dredging up (lame) posts from 10 months ago, Dreckweasel?

Great job ignoring the "trolls". Run out of corpses to drag around?

"When the students and newsgroups and world is ready, the master appears"
- Edmond Wollmann, trying ever so hard to be modest.

Will Dockery

Nov 25, 2016, 12:32:23 AM11/25/16
"BPJ" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:07:10 AM UTC-4, Hieronymous707 wrote:
> This reads more like the first sentence
> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
> the progression. Keep up the good
> work! I'll be away most of the day,
> but look forward to discussing this
> later when we both have more time.

"It takes courage to be a real friend to Corey."
> -'Angel' (wife of Rev707)

Well, I hope those friends are staying brave...

Anyone heard from Corey? Nothing here, which is surprising, I don't think
he's stayed away from the newsgroups for so long in the entire two decades
I've known him...

Perhaps he's socked up and parlaying it real well...

Happy Holidays Corey, and the rest of the super brave Connor family, where
ever y'all are.

:)

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2016, 9:55:11 AM11/29/16
"Bill Evans" wrote in message
> Hieronymous707 <hierony...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> we hit the cement with a thud,
> and it hurt a lot more than it should,

That's the Corey touch, earthy and graphic. I like it.

I just caught this message... while it may work for a poem by someone else,
it tampers with my meaning, my poem's meaning, which I really feel is
exactly how I need the poem to be, as is.

Thanks for the feedback, my erstwhile friends.

:)

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2016, 9:57:19 AM11/29/16
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Bill Evans wrote:
> > "Will Dockery" wrote:
> >
> > > When The Mill Shut Down
> > >
> > > When the mill shut down
> > > we hit the pavement with a thud
> > > then we all got up and kept walking.
> > >
> > > Some to the work house
> > > some to the poor house
> > > some to the whorehouse
> > > and the grave.
> >
> > A lightweight poem about a heavy subject, but brevity can
> > pack a punch, as it does here.
> >
> > I know that artistically speaking our culture favors threes
> > instead of fours, but would it be worthwhile to give a nod
> > to alcoholism here?
> >
> > Some to the work house
> > some to the poor house
> > some to the ale house
> > some to the whorehouse
> > and the grave.
>
> Looking at this, Bill, while the image and sentiment of adding "ale house"
> isn't out of place, rhythmically it throws the piece off for me. As it is,
> it goes badda-bip, badda-bip, badda-bip... badda-BOOM with "grave".

Agreed. There's a nursery rhyme quality to the original that strengthens
the impact of the lines: lending them a cyclical pattern that's been
repeated through several generations. The addition of the "ale house" line
breaks the nursery rhyme feel, thus robbing the stanza of much of its power.

Thanks, Pendragon, that nails my stance on the poem quite well.

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2016, 11:15:37 AM11/29/16
EBG wrote:

>you think Dockery has depth of any kind

The joke is that you're too shallow to understand depth, obviously.

:)

Will Dockery

Nov 30, 2016, 5:45:29 PM11/30/16
"AWOL" wrote in message

The Sniper Wore a Starched Collar

In the beginning, the threat was set

and guided by a star called North er make that South,

the thousand mile journey began;

destination, Doonanny. Target:

Shadowville Will, lead crooner at Hog Bottom,

best BBQ and flies and dust in town.

At mile 707, a voice rang out

as that sniper passed a sign

"Best Finger Picken, Drippin, Likken, BBQ in town"

and that sign became a sign

and the voice said: "Drop your long gun,

pick up instead, a cardboard boxed,

throw away camera, titled Kodak and shoot

your target with shaky hands through lens

rather than scope and you will be greeted

as friend rather than foe, even though Shadowville Will

would have a chill, at first, who's on second?"

And so it was, a video of grainy dust to dust grew

as blood spilled, was forsaken

(except the poor pig, roasting on an open fire)

and the journey home brought smiles

to that sniper with starched collar,

knowing an Angel waited with open arms

and legs, keeping the last supper of mutton so far away

from thought, but caution is sent to all:

beware the sniper with starched collar, as he whispers

vengeance is mine sayeth me...

while taking a pee, poo and wipeth

Praise Jesus (my landscaper) and Happy New Year.

An a.a.p.c. Holiday classic...

Thanks Jim, and Reverend, where ever you may roam.

:)

Will Dockery

Nov 30, 2016, 5:48:19 PM11/30/16
> Hieronymous707 wrote:
>
> Tommy passed last week. Gunny is still
> hanging in there, but he'll go soon too.
> Bill is as ornery as ever, and still calls
> Angel Crystal. Leo and Geno are both
> looking good, and seem to be doing well.
> There are a few new faces around the
> Ward, both patients and staff. Otherwise,
> it's pretty much the same old same old.
> That's about all the news I have today.

Let's hope Gunny doesn't follow you online.

Or some ignorant troll pretending to be Gunny.

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2016, 12:21:03 PM12/2/16
"Samsung Experience" wrote in message

> You have to be joking because this is a poem of great seriousness and
> depth.

Yes, real story of real people and real tragedy.

Peter J Ross

Dec 18, 2016, 7:18:55 PM12/18/16
[news.groups snecked]

In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 24 Nov 2016 21:15:11 +0000 (UTC),
Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> "Will Dockery" <will_d...@outlook.com> wrote in
>
>> "gareth" wrote in message
>>>
>>> You've also never called Burnore that name even though he is one.
>>
>> Consider the source, as D. M. Hammes used to respond in a case of
>> hypocrisy such as that.
>>
> Dredging up (lame) posts from 10 months ago, Dreckweasel?
>
> Great job ignoring the "trolls". Run out of corpses to drag around?

It's a pity that Dennis Hammes is dead. If he were alive, he could
have added to the thousands of posts in which he expressed his
contempt for Dreckery. He might also have mentioned that "Consider the
source [of all comments]" was something that ggamble used to say long
before the racist, misogynistic (but not untalented) Hammes arrived
here.

--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus

Will Dockery

Oct 25, 2019, 4:47:03 AM10/25/19
Dockery wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:07:10 AM UTC-4, Hieronymous707 wrote:
>
>> This reads more like the first sentence
>> of a Will Dockery autobiography than
>> a poem. Don't stop there. Continue
>> the progression. Keep up the good
>> work! I'll be away most of the day,
>> but look forward to discussing this
>> later when we both have more time.
>
> If time permits.

> Has there ever been anybody

That you were more obsessed with than me?

Doubtful.

;)

Will Dockery

Oct 29, 2019, 2:30:49 AM10/29/19
> On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 4:24:43 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 1:38:59 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:

> > > No one gives a shit, Will.
> >
> > Learn to read. He said you people questioned him about the stats, not
> > that
> > you give a shit about them.
>
> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>
> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
> possible use on the book turns out:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>
> > I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>
> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

Everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the
surface, perhaps?

Marcus Barrett

Oct 29, 2019, 5:59:06 AM10/29/19
On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 12:37:04 PM UTC+8, Will Dockery wrote:
> When The Mill Shut Down
>
> When the mill shut down
> we hit the pavement with a thud
> then we all got up and kept walking.
>
> Some to the work house
> some to the poor house
> some to the whorehouse
> and the grave.
>
> -Will Dockery

Awesome!

madeforz...@yahoo.com

Oct 30, 2019, 4:44:26 PM10/30/19
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 5:59:06 AM UTC-4, Marcus Barrett wrote:
> On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 12:37:04 PM UTC+8, Will Dockery wrote:
> > When The Mill Shut Down
> >
> > When the mill shut down
> > we hit the pavement with a thud
> > then we all got up and kept walking.
> >
> > Some to the work house
> > some to the poor house
> > some to the whorehouse
> > and the grave.
> >
> > -Will Dockery
>
> Awesome!

Don't you mean "Complete crap?"

W-Dockery

May 30, 2022, 9:55:13 PM5/30/22
madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Marcus Barrett wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> > When The Mill Shut Down
>> >
>> > When the mill shut down
>> > we hit the pavement with a thud
>> > then we all got up and kept walking.
>> >
>> > Some to the work house
>> > some to the poor house
>> > some to the whorehouse
>> > and the grave.
>> >
>> > -Will Dockery
>>
>> Awesome!
>>

> Don't you mean

Sounds like he said what he meant.

HTH and HAND.

Greg C. Westin

May 31, 2022, 11:42:10 AM5/31/22
I remember the paper mill
stayed open
it was impossible to work there right now
said a man

i don't know why
but something with the way
he looked
looked like he didn't really have to
finish
the fifth grade to do what he was doing
ah but those who are like children
will inherit the kingdom of God

will we work at the paper mill, in Oregon,
Will?
or will we all write poems like yours
someday

I wonder what's there down Halsey
in Portland,
who is there
as the water from the Columbia rushes
into the plant
and pulp comes out and something with exponential
force changes this to actual paper

Rocky Rhodan

Jun 9, 2022, 6:25:17 PM6/9/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]

One of your all-time best Doc.....

W.Dockery

Jun 10, 2022, 12:10:20 PM6/10/22
Yes, it is perfect for the opening section of my book:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Selected-Poems-1976-2019-Paperback-9780994860019/796425131

Victor H.

Jun 22, 2022, 3:30:20 PM6/22/22
Indeed.....

W.Dockery

Jun 26, 2022, 12:00:16 PM6/26/22
Thanks again for the nod, Rocky.

W.Dockery

Jul 27, 2022, 7:50:16 PM7/27/22
Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

HTH and HAND.

W-Dockery

Jul 30, 2022, 11:20:15 PM7/30/22
Greg C. Westin wrote:

> On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 7:55:13 PM UTC-6, opb...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> madeforz...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> > Don't you mean
>> Sounds like he said what he meant.
>>
>> HTH and HAND.
> I remember the paper mill
> stayed open
> it was impossible to work there right now
> said a man

> i don't know why
> but something with the way
> he looked
> looked like he didn't really have to
> finish
> the fifth grade to do what he was doing
> ah but those who are like children
> will inherit the kingdom of God

> will we work at the paper mill, in Oregon,
> Will?
> or will we all write poems like yours
> someday

> I wonder what's there down Halsey
> in Portland,
> who is there
> as the water from the Columbia rushes
> into the plant
> and pulp comes out and something with exponential
> force changes this to actual paper

Hello there, Greg, I wish your friends at the paper mill good luck, times are tough all over.

And so it goes.

General-Zod

Aug 10, 2022, 5:50:18 PM8/10/22
Best of luck to you Greg...!

W.Dockery

Aug 12, 2022, 12:55:11 AM8/12/22
Seconded.

Victor H.

Aug 16, 2022, 10:13:36 PM8/16/22
Cool... cool....

W.Dockery

Aug 21, 2022, 12:35:15 PM8/21/22
Thanks again for the positive feedback.

W-Dockery

Sep 1, 2022, 3:18:21 PM9/1/22
Thanks again for the endorsement, my friend.

W.Dockery

Sep 4, 2022, 3:03:21 AM9/4/22
Good morning, my friend.

🙂

W-Dockery

Sep 7, 2022, 6:38:03 PM9/7/22
Good afternoon, my friend.

W.Dockery

Sep 10, 2022, 11:35:14 AM9/10/22
Family Guy wrote:

> Marcus Barrett wrote:

>>> Awesome!
>>>

>> Don't you mean

<Dink snipped>

I doubt Marcus needs you to tell him what he meant, Dink.

🙂

Victor H.

Sep 22, 2022, 6:41:35 PM9/22/22
Nope...

W-Dockery

Sep 25, 2022, 1:33:54 PM9/25/22
Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

W-Dockery

Nov 20, 2022, 10:50:19 PM11/20/22

General-Zod

Nov 23, 2022, 1:16:02 AM11/23/22
Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]

Hi.... once again one of your very best....!

W.Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 9:00:17 AM11/23/22
Good morning, Zod, another reality based poem.

W.Dockery

Nov 27, 2022, 3:03:21 AM11/27/22
Good evening, thanks again for the nod.

W.Dockery

Dec 4, 2022, 11:38:12 PM12/4/22
Good evening, my friend.

W.Dockery

Jul 29, 2023, 8:25:20 AM7/29/23
General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>> "When the Mill Shut Down" in the current form goes back to at least July 30 2006, where Stuart Leichter gave it a favorable review:

>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/IaDWIoMXOkU/m/QcPcBOeQF-0J

>> ***

>> On Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 5:16:55 PM UTC-4, Stuart Leichter wrote:
>>> in article c018b$44cce4fb$18d6510f$16...@KNOLOGY.NET, Will Dockery at

> Truly one of your greatest poems Doc...

Good morning, thanks again, Zod.

>>> This one's good, Will.
>>> The title you might make When the mill shut down (without the comma, and
>>> then continue with the 2nd and following lines).
>>> I think you should post it with a C&C request in the subject line.
>>> Stuart
>>>
>>> (crit-cred: I know literal from figurative, I know opinions from sentiments,
>>> and I never threatened you)

>> ***

>> And so it goes.

..

General-Zod

Jul 31, 2023, 4:10:20 PM7/31/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
>>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>>
>>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>>>
>>> I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>>>

>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

> HTH and HAND.

I had almost forgotten about Penhead's homophobia...

W.Dockery

Aug 2, 2023, 6:15:19 PM8/2/23
Actually, that is better off forgotten.

:)

General-Zod

Aug 5, 2023, 5:05:21 PM8/5/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 4:24:43 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Learn to read. He said you people questioned him about the stats, not
>> > that
>> > you give a shit about them.
>>
>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>
>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>>
>> > I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>>
>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

> Everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the
> surface, perhaps?

What an odd little man Pen is...

W.Dockery

Aug 6, 2023, 7:35:24 PM8/6/23
General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
>>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>>
>>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3

>>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

>> Everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the
>> surface, perhaps?

> What an odd little man Pen is...

He's a most peculiar man.

W.Dockery

Aug 7, 2023, 1:05:24 AM8/7/23
I'm sure he'll remind us again eventually.

🙂

General-Zod

Aug 7, 2023, 5:10:21 PM8/7/23
Pathetic but sadly so, probably...

W.Dockery

Aug 10, 2023, 12:15:26 PM8/10/23
Then again, maybe not.

Maybe Pendragon has turned a new "Yeaf."

🙂

General-Zod

Aug 10, 2023, 2:30:24 PM8/10/23
Ha ha ha...

W.Dockery

Aug 11, 2023, 10:45:27 AM8/11/23
He just seems to like stirring up controversy.

W.Dockery

Aug 11, 2023, 2:15:25 PM8/11/23
George Dance wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 2:25:47 PM UTC-4, MIchael Monkey aka "Michael Pendragon" wrote:

>> > As I wrote earlier, you appear to have misunderstood what was written, Pendragon.

>> Really?
>>
>> Please explain how "Okay, that was off, and I'll need to change/clarify that..." constitutes a misunderstanding on my part.

> What you told him the bio said {"it seems like you were only living with T, and went straight from squatting in an apartment with her to squatting at a lumber yard alone") was "off."
> Off adj.
> 3a: not corresponding to fact : INCORRECT
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/off

Again, exactly.

:)

General-Zod

Aug 13, 2023, 3:40:40 PM8/13/23
Yep...

W.Dockery

Aug 15, 2023, 2:15:25 AM8/15/23
Good evening again Zod, and thanks.

General-Zod

Aug 19, 2023, 4:40:24 PM8/19/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

>>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>>
>>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>>>
>>> I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>>>

>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

> HTH and HAND.

Pen is strange, perhaps a self-hating gay man, closeted..?

W.Dockery

Aug 20, 2023, 6:25:23 PM8/20/23
To be honest, I couldn't care less, either way.

🙂

General-Zod

Aug 25, 2023, 5:20:31 PM8/25/23
Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

>>> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

>>> HTH and HAND.

>> Pen is strange, perhaps a self-hating gay man, closeted..?

> To be honest, I couldn't care less, either way.

I know that's right... ha ha.

W.Dockery

Aug 27, 2023, 4:50:23 PM8/27/23
Pewndragon seems proud of that fact.

:)

W.Dockery

Aug 28, 2023, 2:50:25 PM8/28/23
Good afternoon, my friend.

🙂

General-Zod

Aug 30, 2023, 3:40:22 PM8/30/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> >> When the mill shut down,
> >> we hit the pavement with a thud,
> >> then we all got up and kept walking.
> >> Some to the work house,
> >> some to the poor house,
> >> some to the whorehouse,
> >> and the grave.
> >>
> >> -Will Dockery

Again, a good read...

W.Dockery

Aug 30, 2023, 5:00:29 PM8/30/23
Thanks again.

:)

General-Zod

Aug 31, 2023, 3:20:23 PM8/31/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> >> When the mill shut down,
> >> we hit the pavement with a thud,
> >> then we all got up and kept walking.
> >> Some to the work house,
> >> some to the poor house,
> >> some to the whorehouse,
> >> and the grave.
> >>
> >> -Will Dockery

A good read , 15th time...

W.Dockery

Sep 1, 2023, 11:25:25 AM9/1/23
Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

General-Zod

Sep 12, 2023, 4:45:12 PM9/12/23
Good day and you are welcome...!

General-Zod

Sep 13, 2023, 6:25:13 PM9/13/23
Again... for Dr. David Dalton, another of the fine poems to be found here on the Usenet poetry groups...!

W.Dockery

Sep 13, 2023, 11:00:15 PM9/13/23
Zod wrote:

> good read...

Good evening, thanks again for the nod.

W.Dockery

Sep 14, 2023, 5:40:24 PM9/14/23
Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

W.Dockery

Sep 21, 2023, 6:45:13 PM9/21/23
Delusional fuckwit.

🙂

W.Dockery

Sep 24, 2023, 7:35:13 AM9/24/23
> good read

Good morning, again, thanks for the nod.

🙂

W.Dockery

Sep 26, 2023, 11:50:15 AM9/26/23
Odder every day.

W.Dockery

Sep 28, 2023, 12:35:17 AM9/28/23
I know, right?

W.Dockery

Sep 30, 2023, 12:15:17 AM9/30/23
General-Zod wrote:

> Again...
> fine poem

Thanks again for reading and commenting.

General-Zod

Oct 4, 2023, 5:30:14 PM10/4/23
Will Dockery wrote:
To say the least... ha ha ha.

That is all.

General-Zod

Oct 6, 2023, 2:50:14 PM10/6/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

>>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>>
>>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>>>
>>> I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>>>

>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

> HTH and HAND.

That definitely seems true with Penhead's fantasies about me and Mike....!

That is all.

W.Dockery

Oct 7, 2023, 5:35:15 AM10/7/23
As Pendragon demonstrates every day.

🙂

W.Dockery

Oct 12, 2023, 2:45:16 AM10/12/23
Pendragon definitely has a fixation with gay laming in his flame and attack posts.

General-Zod

Oct 15, 2023, 5:45:16 PM10/15/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

>>> Yes, and it should be about time to check those statistics again... heh.
>>>
>>> Speaking of something someone here /always/ gives a GIANT shit about, my
>>> current visage, which I will be giving to Zod to see how his painting for
>>> possible use on the book turns out:
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156856118059363&set=a.10155233164054363&type=3
>>>
>>> I call it, if Zod agrees, "Blue Moves".
>>>

>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

> HTH and HAND.

Like Penhead is currently slobbering over his fantasies about me and Mike in a tent... ha ha...

W.Dockery

Oct 19, 2023, 3:50:17 PM10/19/23
General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

>>> Sounds like a gay porn flick.

>> Like I said way back when, everything seems gay to you, Pendragon... your hidden desires coming to the surface, perhaps?

>> HTH and HAND.

> Like Penhead is currently slobbering over his fantasies about me and Mike in a tent... ha ha...

Typical fixation of Pendragon's, obviously.

;)
It is loading more messages.