Poirot - "Bob" - What kind of dog?

Sue Wilcox

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?

--
Sue Wilcox
Wisconsin USA

Kate Derie

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

In the book, Bob was a wire-haired fox terrier. I must say, though, that
the dog on the TV didn't look much like what I thought a wire-haired fox
terrier looks like. Maybe because he was untrimmed and his ears stood
straight up. He was a cutie though.

Jeri Massi

Jan 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/28/97

Kate Derie <clue...@slip.net> wrote:

I couldn't figure out what he was, but I agree with you: he was full
of personality and charm. One of my favorite televised Poirot's!

--Jeri

alternative address: jmm4...@glaxo.com
Visit Jeri's Dr. Who Fiction page!
Stories and images from the Third Doc's era:
Links to other DW fanfiction and archives.
http://pwp.usa.pipeline.com/~jeriwho/index.html

Savithri Machiraju

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

In article <01bc0a0d$4db82e60$1606...@Psuewilcx.execpc.com> "Sue Wilcox" <swi...@mail.execpc.com> writes:
>Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?
>
>--
>Sue Wilcox
>Wisconsin USA
>swi...@execpc.com

I didn't see the TV show, but in the book (Poirot Loses a Client/Dumb
Witness), Bob was a wire-haired terrier.

Savithri Machiraju

Jeri Massi

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

Kate Derie <clue...@slip.net> wrote:

>Sue Wilcox wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?
>>
>> --
>> Sue Wilcox
>> Wisconsin USA
>> swi...@execpc.com

>In the book, Bob was a wire-haired fox terrier. I must say, though, that

thatjoeguy

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

jer...@pipeline.com (Jeri Massi) wrote:

>Kate Derie <clue...@slip.net> wrote:

>>Sue Wilcox wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sue Wilcox
>>> Wisconsin USA
>>> swi...@execpc.com

>>In the book, Bob was a wire-haired fox terrier. I must say, though, that
>>the dog on the TV didn't look much like what I thought a wire-haired fox
>>terrier looks like. Maybe because he was untrimmed and his ears stood
>>straight up. He was a cutie though.

>I couldn't figure out what he was, but I agree with you: he was full
>of personality and charm. One of my favorite televised Poirot's!

>--Jeri

Wire fox terrier, I used to breed them. Another mystery dog of that
breed was Asta in the old Thin Man movies (Asta in the book was a
schauzer)
Maven

tredz...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2013, 6:44:14 PM11/10/13
On Friday, January 24, 1997 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sue Wilcox wrote:
> Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?
>
> --
> Sue Wilcox
> Wisconsin USA
> swi...@execpc.com

"Bob" was a wire-haired Fox Terrier named "Snubby". He looks EXACTLY as he's supposed to look because, in the book, when Poirot asks Hastings the breed and Hastings tells him, Hastings adds, "Needs plucking, though.". And, Snubby is obviously unplucked.

Personally, I cannot compliment Snubby's trainer more highly. So many animal actors are obviously looking at their trainer as they do their bit. (You can see them walking with the actor but looking in an entirely different direction.) Snubby seems to be looking at the camera, at the actor or wherever he's supposed to be looking, in every single scene. As a retired trainer, myself, I can only think...Oh, well done!

lynne....@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2015, 10:14:26 PM1/19/15
On Friday, January 24, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sue Wilcox wrote:
> Does anyone know what breed dog "Bob" was on the recent Poirot TV series?
>
> --
> Sue Wilcox
> Wisconsin USA
> swi...@execpc.com

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/foxterriers.html

Tommy Black

Oct 25, 2022, 4:52:49 PM10/25/22
The dog used for the TV program is NOT a fox terrier. Fox terriers have a short coat. The actual dog used is a Welsh Terrier. Look at a picture of one of them.