Info needed on Silence of the Lambs sequel

K C Swier

Oct 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/15/97

Does anybody know the scoop on whether Thomas Harris is writing a sequel to
Silence of the Lambs? I'm an "avid fan" and am dying to know.

Kevin C. Swier
KCS...@AOL.com

"A census-taker tried to test me once... I ate his liver with some fava beans
and a nice chianti! pfuh! pfuh! pfuh! pfuh!"
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter, "The Silence of the Lambs"

David Robeson

Oct 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/15/97

In article <19971015202...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

kcs...@aol.com (K C Swier) wrote:

> Does anybody know the scoop on whether Thomas Harris is writing a sequel to
> Silence of the Lambs? I'm an "avid fan" and am dying to know.

I heard he was following a trial in Italy. I also read somewhere (wish I'd
noted the source at the time) that his next book will be called 'The
Morbidity of the Soul', but who knows?

This question comes up here periodically, and I usually post this
information, and nobody ever disputes it (or adds to it, dammit!), so
maybe it's accurate.

Or maybe no one else cares... :)

Dave

Jim Mitchell

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

kcs...@aol.com (K C Swier) writes:

>Does anybody know the scoop on whether Thomas Harris is writing a sequel to
> Silence of the Lambs? I'm an "avid fan" and am dying to know.

When Jodie Foster was plugging "Contact" on the talk shows, she said many of
the original participants were eager to do a sequel, but getting everybody
together was difficult because of schedule conflicts.

K C Swier

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

>When Jodie Foster was plugging "Contact" on the talk shows, she said many of
>the original participants were eager to do a sequel, but getting everybody
>together was difficult because of schedule conflicts.

But was there any talk if there IS a sequel script? Was Thomas Harris involved
with it?

Harald Spyra

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

On 16 Oct 1997 20:42:01 GMT, kcs...@aol.com (K C Swier) wrote:

>>When Jodie Foster was plugging "Contact" on the talk shows, she said many of
>>the original participants were eager to do a sequel, but getting everybody
>>together was difficult because of schedule conflicts.
>
>But was there any talk if there IS a sequel script? Was Thomas Harris involved
> with it?

They are waiting for Harris to deliver a new book. But he always takes
his time. 3 books in almost twenty years! Clarice will be a senior agent
in the sequel. Or probably retired. ;-)

Harald