Lost in translation

paulsy

Feb 22, 2004, 5:19:53 PM2/22/04
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:33:59 GMT, jjo...@bone.net wrote:

>does anyone know what bill murray whispered into charlotte johannsen's ear
>at the end of the movie? I realize that it is probably not meant to be
>understood, but has anyone figured it out? thanks.

He whispered nothing - it was just a cheap shot at drawing attention
to itself just like way the movie started. It's amazing how you can be
seen to have made a 'great' movie just by being different with a few
added gimmicks without being necessarily good.

M C

Feb 22, 2004, 9:28:42 PM2/22/04

"paulsy" <pau...@dell.com> wrote in message

I loved how the movie started. Nice behind. I also like the strip club part.

toad

Feb 23, 2004, 5:42:08 PM2/23/04

<jjo...@bone.net> wrote in message

> does anyone know what bill murray whispered into charlotte johannsen's ear
> at the end of the movie? I realize that it is probably not meant to be
> understood, but has anyone figured it out? thanks.

Not to be anal, but Charlotte was the character, Scarlett is her real name.

Pertaining to the last scene, nobody knows what was said for sure, but if
you were to speculate, what makes sense? He may have apologized for the
girl in his room, and he probably told her he was going to miss her. Not
only that, but he most likely said to get in touch when she gets back in the
states and they'll get together. Remember, their kiss at the end was their
first "real" kiss. They pecked in the elevator prior, but the kiss at the
end was meaningful, plus "Charlotte" was crying after he said what he said.
They were both happy, as if to indicate (potentially some) hope. Maybe
that's obvious, or my common sense talking, but that's what I think.

After watching the film, I talked about it with a couple people we all liked
it. I don't think it's going to get picture of the year ... I believe
that's going to be Lord of the Rings, but I really liked Bill Murray's
performance. He had a lot of subtle humor and played his part well. I
would choose him over Sean Penn (for actor of the year) in a heartbeat.