Mad Max Question

nenslo

Feb 3, 2004, 3:04:43 AM2/3/04
The other day I saw part of Mad Max on TV and was surprised at the
near-unintelligibility of many of the actors' Australian accents.
Surprised, because it seems to me that when I saw Mad Max as a second
feature at a drive-in in the early '80s, knowing nothing about it, I
recall being specifically puzzled about where it could have been made,
and interested to learn at the end that it had been filmed in
Australia - because NOBODY HAD AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS. Now, is this false
memory syndrome, have I shifted over into a parallel timeline, or was
there really an American dub of Mad Max released in the U.S.?

MRvDC

Feb 3, 2004, 11:58:40 AM2/3/04
nenslo <nen...@yahooX.com> wrote in message news:<401F561A...@yahooX.com>...

The original American release was dubbed. For that very reason.

Did someone else answer this? I hadn't noticed.

HellPopeHuey

Feb 3, 2004, 6:19:22 PM2/3/04
brt...@dangermedia.org (MRvDC) wrote in message news:<7e3ec2d7.0402...@posting.google.com>...

> nenslo <nen...@yahooX.com> wrote in message news:<401F561A...@yahooX.com>...

> > Now, is this false

> > memory syndrome, have I shifted over into a parallel timeline, or was
> > there really an American dub of Mad Max released in the U.S.?
>
> The original American release was dubbed. For that very reason.
> > Did someone else answer this? I hadn't noticed.

The original King Kong was a negro, but they "yellowed him up" for
the Japanese release.

--

HellPope Huey / www.subgenius.com
The buffet is awful on Monster Island

"The groundhog saw Janet Jackson's boob
and there will be 6 more weeks of masturbation."
- Jon Stewart

Too bad the only people who know how to run the country
are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
- George Burns

Rev. 11D Meow!

Feb 4, 2004, 12:33:20 AM2/4/04
Nope, they dubbed in 'mericanned voices for theatrical release way back
when.

The DVD has the original soundtrack.

"nenslo" <nen...@yahooX.com> wrote in message

nenslo

Feb 4, 2004, 2:48:27 AM2/4/04

OH THANK GOD! At least on this one point I am not insane.