PD-6 and DVD-RAM

John Freeman

Dec 25, 2016, 4:00:00 PM12/25/16
I got a Fostex PD-6 a while ago (yeah, yeah, I know) which I never got around to using, but now I need it. It seems to function fine but the DVD-RAM discs are giving me problems getting the data into a Macbook Pro.

I have an old Sony external DVD drive DRX 830UL-T which should work fine with these discs, but the Macbook won't recognize the drive when the 3" disc is inserted. It works fine playing back a commercial DVD.

I'm using the recommended Maxell discs, a bunch of them came with the PD-6. Some were used and some are brand new.

Any suggestions on settings for the Macbook that might get it to read the disc? Do I need to format the disc differently (and how would I do that?)

Do I need a different DVD drive?

Thanks.

John Williamson

Dec 25, 2016, 4:26:19 PM12/25/16
Have you got a PC handy? It may be that the Mac OS is too new to support
the drive properly.

This may be relevant:-

http://www.macworld.com/article/1157709/read_dvd_ram.html

--