I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

Bill Anderson

Jan 24, 2024, 11:50:55 PMJan 24

Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

super70s

Jan 25, 2024, 8:13:06 AMJan 25
I ran across the DVD in the bargain bin last August. The thing that
stuck with me was how Dinklage seemed to mumble his way through the
whole thing, not giving a much of a reaction to anything.

From the director of Meadowland which I also own and enjoyed more. He
started out as a cinematographer so it follows his films are going to
look really nice.

moviePig

Jan 25, 2024, 12:29:00 PMJan 25
It's a drama mystery sci-fi. IMDb says so...

Bill Anderson

Jan 25, 2024, 1:19:15 PMJan 25
So IMDB is confused too. Nice try, though.

Bill Anderson

Jan 28, 2024, 10:36:18 AMJan 28
Yep, all perfectly true. One thing I missed, though, and while of course I
could go back and have a look, I don’t really care enough to take the
trouble. So maybe you can tell me what happened to the dog? Did Dinklage
serve it for dinner? I’m guessing he did, but I didn’t see it happen.

super70s

Jan 28, 2024, 10:53:02 PMJan 28
It seems like I remember that but I couldn't swear to it, it's been a
while since I watched it and like you I don't want rewatch it anytime
soon. :)