What's your favorite cult film so far ?

Andrew

May 8, 2003, 4:07:10 AM5/8/03
What's your personal favorite (serious or humorous) older classic or
more recent classic cult film so far, inclusive of any A grade films
that have now pretty much obtained cult status and why, compared to
other movies in the cult genre.

David

May 8, 2003, 10:17:11 AM5/8/03
fre...@australiamail.com (Andrew) wrote:

"Detour"

Ollie W. Holmes

May 8, 2003, 11:04:45 AM5/8/03
Can't say if this is a cult film, since it has not been 10 years since
its release, but Donnie Darko is very impressive. For $9.99 you get a
dvd that would be worth 2.5x as much if ranked against other releases.
This movie is so weird, it is hard to believe that Drew Barrymore (of
Riding in Cars With Boys fame) was involved in producing and acting.
There is a Twilight Zone feel to the film, and on top of that, an
early 90's grunge irreverance to the young people. There are movies
out there that are self-consciously hip, like Tadpole and Igby Goes
Down. In a way, Darko is anti-hip, creating its own universe of
characters that just don't fit into life's giant jigsaw puzzle. This
is Jake Gyllenhaal's finest performance to date. He ain't no bubble
boy in this one.

RufusTFirefly

May 8, 2003, 12:02:30 PM5/8/03

"Andrew" <fre...@australiamail.com> wrote in message

Eraserhead

Joe Gillis

May 8, 2003, 2:27:03 PM5/8/03
>Drew Barrymore (of
>Riding in Cars With Boys fame)

THAT is her claim to fame?

"I don't mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy." -- Samuel Butler

Joe Gillis

May 8, 2003, 2:28:37 PM5/8/03
McHale's Navy Joins The Air Force

Stephen Cooke

May 8, 2003, 4:59:49 PM5/8/03

Now that I've finally secured VHS copies of Skidoo, Zotz and The Twonky,
I'm still in search of the Soupy Sales comedy Birds Do It from 1966, where
somehow he learns to defy gravity and fly, and becomes irresistable to
women. As far as I know, it's never been released on video (and frankly,
I'm not that surprised) and doesn't show up on TV.

Anybody else have some oddball films that they've been trying to find
copies of lo these many years?

swac

Monoxide Child

May 8, 2003, 5:15:14 PM5/8/03
On Thu, 08 May 2003 19:48:43 GMT, "Kingo Gondo"
<kingo_nos...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>OK, call me a picky son of a bitch (or an asshole, I'll answer to each), but
>is there really a need for the adverbial phrase "so far" here? (No.) It goes
>without saying (or it should) that people may continue to discover "cult
>fims", one of which could become their "favorite". Unless they have access
>to a time machine, however, every possible film that could be their favorite
>cult film for the purposes of responding to your question MUST have occured
>in the past (i.e. "so far"). In short, it's a meaningless redundancy
>appended to the question "What's your favorite cult film?"
>
>"So far" can have its uses, of course. If you say "I have eaten three slices
>of pizza so far," it can fairly be implied that you are contemplating eating
>more pizza. As the process of eating pizza is within your control,
>presumably, this tells us something about your mental state. In your usage
>there is no such additional information given (unless, again, you assume the
>reader is completely devoid of all common sense and does not already know
>that additional "cult films" capable of becoming one's "favorite" will be
>forthcoming). It has no probative or artistic value whatsoever. Take out
>Occam's Razor, the grammatical version, and lop it off.
>
>Uh, so which is it...picky son of a bitch or asshole? (They are not mutually
>exclusive, I suppose).

Eh, I'd give it a mild anal-retentive. :)

Anna Sado

May 9, 2003, 12:37:49 AM5/9/03
I don't know if I'd call them oddball, but I will name my firstborn child
after anyone who can get me copies of the following Helen Mirren films (all
made for tv): "Oresteia" (aka "The Serpent Son")
"Cousin Bette" 1971
"Mrs. Reinhardt" 1981
"Caesar & Claretta" 1975

-- Anna Sado (Proud member of the HMAS!)
anna...@omega.ripco.net
cham...@snugcove.com

sgw

May 9, 2003, 7:20:27 AM5/9/03
"The Big Lebowski", which people either dearly love and will start quoting
lines from immediately when you mention it, or else tell you that they
thought was worthless and a waste of time. Me? I think the sight of a
scruffy Jeff Bridges in a white coverall with a big ol' toolbelt dancing to
"Just Dropped In" is one funny and sexy image. And then there's Saddam
Hussein running the bowling shoe rental area, with his bowling shirt that
says "Saddam"....!

And "Office Space", which is getting more and more of a cult via word of
mouth - a movie that ANYONE who's ever worked in an office can respond to,
especially those of us who have to deal with copy machines and the like.

Sally

Charles Eggen

May 9, 2003, 12:00:33 PM5/9/03
Anyone who knows how to obtain a copy (in any format) of the 1982 film
PRISONERS, please let me know. The price is negotiable. This
Endeauvour Productions/20th Century Fox film was made in New Zealand
by director Peter Werner, with Antony Ginnane and John Barnett
producers. Major cast members were: Tatum O'Neal, Colin Friels,
Shirley Knight and David Hemmings. Twentieth Century Fox acquired
worldwide distribution rights in perpetuity and, to the best of my
knowledge, the film has not been released theatrically, on video or
even seen on television anywhere. Rumor has it that Ryan O'Neal bought
the film to prevent its release. Comments?

Charles
nzvideos.org

W. Lydecker

May 9, 2003, 12:34:38 PM5/9/03
I'd like to locate SHINBONE ALLEY, and BLAST OF SILENCE.

Stephen Cooke

May 9, 2003, 1:24:33 PM5/9/03

On Fri, 9 May 2003, W. Lydecker wrote:

> I'd like to locate SHINBONE ALLEY, and BLAST OF SILENCE.

I could have sworn there was a VHS relelase of Shinbone Alley years ago. I
know it's turned up on Bravo once or twice.

swac
Wishes they'd stuck to a Harriman-esque design for the characters...

Joanne Capella

May 9, 2003, 2:26:43 PM5/9/03
"sgw" <sgwa...@nospamgte.net> wrote in message news:

> And "Office Space", which is getting more and more of a cult via word of
> mouth - a movie that ANYONE who's ever worked in an office can respond to,
> especially those of us who have to deal with copy machines and the like.
>
> Sally

Yes, "Office Space" was brilliant. I guess I'm a sucker for the
downtrodden exploited masses vs. the big corporations. I also enjoyed
"Clockwatchers" very much but it wasn't as big a laugh riot as "Office
Space."

Joanne

artyw

May 9, 2003, 6:40:05 PM5/9/03
fre...@australiamail.com (Andrew) wrote in message news:<2b219254.03050...@posting.google.com>...

Repo Man
Does Rancho Deluxe count as cult? (I do like Harry Dean Stanton)
The Loved One

David

May 9, 2003, 9:45:27 PM5/9/03
bow...@dreamscape.com (Joanne Capella) wrote:

>> And "Office Space", which is getting more and more of a cult via word of
>> mouth - a movie that ANYONE who's ever worked in an office can respond to,
>> especially those of us who have to deal with copy machines and the like.
>

>Yes, "Office Space" was brilliant.

I thought "Office Space" lost steam about halfway through; it veered
from obvious but potent satire of the Internet Age white-collar
workplace (which rings absolutely true to so many of us) to a sort of
geekoids-on-the-loose climax that dragged on too long (the scene where
the guys take the printer out to a field to stomp on it was treated as
if the act itself were hysterically funny rather than the _impulse_
we've all felt to bash up a piece of office equipment). I wish the
whole movie had had that "Dilbert" spirit & deadpan wit instead of
just the first hour or so.

nanwynnfan

May 10, 2003, 12:20:06 AM5/10/03
art...@yahoo.com (artyw) wrote in message news:<fcd1f4e4.03050...@posting.google.com>...

I consider "After Dark" a cult film. It seems to have fallen off the
radar screen, though.

larry legallo

May 10, 2003, 12:35:30 AM5/10/03

I pretty much agree with that. It has some laughs and some genuinely
inspired moments, but it falls way short of classic status (and I've
watched it a few times just to make sure).

I do like Ron Livingston, though, and wish we'd see more of him. It's
hard to play the understated lead in a comedy, letting everybody else
bounce off of you, and still sustain enough energy to carry the movie
without disappearing. Recently, Josh Hamilton has pulled it off in a
few decent movies, and Luke Wilson gave that kind of performance in
Bottle Rocket, before he became Luke Wilson. But the lead in Clerks,
for instance- whose name I can't remember- I found abysmal.

Johnn...@webtv.net

May 10, 2003, 12:43:59 AM5/10/03
The WW2 British film ."The Wooden Horse". ....I know it's available
in England in their particular VHS format, but Amazon.com hasn't made it
"conveniently" available over here in America, yet.. ...Jon

Bob Tiernan

May 10, 2003, 4:01:42 AM5/10/03
Johnny1000 wrote:

> The WW2 British film ."The Wooden Horse".

Trivia note: this true story was set in the same
POW camp in which the "Great Escape" story was set.
The escape attempts were about six months apart.
From what I've read, this camp was so large that
it was probably impossible for all internees to
get to know more than a fraction of all the others.

Bob t

JSTONE9352

May 10, 2003, 9:09:49 AM5/10/03
I would love to see:

"Georgie Girl"
"City that never sleeps".

Neither Blockbuster or any other local
rental place has them. I know I could
find them online but would like to just
get them locally if possibly. Oh well.

Bob

May 10, 2003, 10:32:34 AM5/10/03

Bob Tiernan wrote:

For those who have not seen the film "The Wooden Horse", it
is damn well going out of your way to see it. DAMN good
movie.
Bob

Stephen Cooke

May 10, 2003, 11:38:07 AM5/10/03

Heck, my public library has City that Never Sleeps, but this is exactly
the kind of film that's getting harder and harder to find as the
Blockbusters/Rogers Video and their ilk steamroll the video rental market.

swac
Mmmm...Marie Windsor...

Joe Gillis

May 11, 2003, 5:12:45 AM5/11/03

>I would love to see:
>
>"Georgie Girl"

Turn on an oldies station -- the best thing about this is the theme song.

>"City that never sleeps".

I'd like to see this too, if only to catch Tom Poston.

Bob Tiernan

May 11, 2003, 7:07:02 PM5/11/03

Joe Gillis wrote:

> >I would love to see:
> >
> >"Georgie Girl"

> Turn on an oldies station -- the best thing about
> this is the theme song.

That's right. And that song, along with "Downtown",
remind me of that period more than any other songs
do.

Bob t

Avoid normal situations.

Jun 1, 2003, 3:55:24 PM6/1/03
Joe Gillis <cinema...@aol.comedy> wrote:

>>Drew Barrymore (of
>>Riding in Cars With Boys fame)

> THAT is her claim to fame?

It's a joke, son.

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"I'm sorry it happened, it was just a piece of hot-headed foolishness."

Joe Gillis

Jun 1, 2003, 8:25:13 PM6/1/03

>>>Drew Barrymore (of
>>>Riding in Cars With Boys fame)
>
>> THAT is her claim to fame?
>
> It's a joke, son.

Now that you bring it up, what IS Drew Barrymore's claim to fame?

MadiHolmes

Jun 1, 2003, 8:43:16 PM6/1/03

>Now that you bring it up, what IS Drew Barrymore's claim to fame?

John, Ethel, Lionel, and a couple others

MadiHolmes

how...@brazee.net

Jun 1, 2003, 10:18:23 PM6/1/03

On 1-Jun-2003, cinema...@aol.comedy (Joe Gillis) wrote:

> Now that you bring it up, what IS Drew Barrymore's claim to fame?

Her name.

how...@brazee.net

Jun 1, 2003, 10:18:52 PM6/1/03

On 1-Jun-2003, madih...@aol.com (MadiHolmes) wrote:

> >Now that you bring it up, what IS Drew Barrymore's claim to fame?
> >

> John, Ethel, Lionel, and a couple others

I like to include John Drew in here as well.

Vince

Jun 1, 2003, 11:23:00 PM6/1/03
In article <PtyCa.29460$Io.25...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
how...@brazee.net writes:

In any case John Drew must have had her late in life, I remember him in THE
TROJAN HORSE back in the early 1960s.
Vince

A Better Chungking_Cash

Jun 2, 2003, 4:25:52 AM6/2/03
From the Entertainment Weekly list (which I still have yet to see a
number of films) I placed these with the highest rankings:

Akira (1988)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
The Warriors (1979)
Un Chien Andalou (1928)
Aguirre, The Wrath of God (1972)
Dazed and Confused (1993)
Scarface (1983)
Hard Boiled (1992)
Barbarella (1968)
Harold and Maude (1971)

I enjoy probably another 14 films (of the ones I've seen), but the
list above would take top prize thus far.

I'm having some trouble locating: "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!,"
"City Gardens," "A Bucket of Blood," "The Best of Everything," "Love
Streams," "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story," and "The Decline of
Western Civilization II: The Metal Years."

Some of the other films are just mediocre to me, while I've always
strongly disliked films like "The Big Lebowski," "The Adventures of
Buckaroo Banzai," "Pink Flamingos," "The Harder They Come," and "Faces
of Death."

But don't take any of this to heart: EW sucks and so does the list.
Basically, of what I consider a cult film, "The Warriors" is my
favorite cult film.

Avoid normal situations.

Jun 2, 2003, 6:44:06 AM6/2/03
Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> On 10 May 2003, JSTONE9352 wrote:

[..]

>> "Georgie Girl"
>> "City that never sleeps".
>>
>> Neither Blockbuster or any other local
>> rental place has them. I know I could
>> find them online but would like to just
>> get them locally if possibly. Oh well.

> Heck, my public library has City that Never Sleeps, but this is exactly
> the kind of film that's getting harder and harder to find as the
> Blockbusters/Rogers Video and their ilk steamroll the video rental market.

...which wouldn't be happening if people didn't continue to throw money at
them.

--
alt.flame "all power to the people" Special Forces

nanwynnfan

Jun 2, 2003, 10:39:02 AM6/2/03
I'd appreciate any help in getting a copy of "Dangerous Blondes"
[circa 1942] with Evelyn Keyes & Alan Joslyn among others. Would
also appreciate knowing if anyone has seen it on TV; would like to
know if some media corporation owns rights ... or if it's just
"gone."

Ollie W. Holmes

Jun 2, 2003, 11:31:27 AM6/2/03
He (John Barrymore, jr. aka JDB) is unforgettable in Fritz Lang's
While the City Sleeps (1956). It would be interesting if daughter Drew
B. did a reprise of her father's role. Picture this: a masculinized
female killer who leaves the words "Ask Father" at the crime scene. If
you haven't scene the original film, this clue would have no meaning
for you, but if you have ...

how...@brazee.net

Jun 2, 2003, 10:57:31 PM6/2/03

He was generally unforgettable. The first thing I saw him in was a made for
TV movie, /Winchester '73/, not to be mistaken with the version we all know
and love.

But picture him as a character named "preacher" in the Wild West. (Don't
forget to hear his voice as you imagine this).

I also saw him on TV on Rawhide and on Wild Wild West.

Vince

Jun 2, 2003, 11:19:11 PM6/2/03

>Re: Films you're trying to find

here's my list

LOST MOVIE LIST
* Black & White

1, I Passed for White *

2, Pepe

3,The Fabulous World of Jules Verne *

4, Peter Gunn (NOT the TV shows) there was a film begining of a series I guess

5, Porgy and Bess

6, Snowfire

7, Swordman of Sienna

8, Spy in Your Eye

9, Who is Harry Kellerman and why is He saying
those things about Me

10, The Second Best Secret Agent

11, Where the Bullets Fly (10's Sequel)

12, Oh Dad; Poor Dad; Mama's Hung You in the Closet,
and I'm Feeling So SAD"

13, Hanibal (Victor Mature)

14, I Mobster (Steve Cogrin)

15, The Lost Man

16, A number of films from Allied Artists
(Which is no longer in business)
I know some of the better films went to Warner Brothers

17, A number of films from American International
(Which is no longer in business)

18, Other Studios no longer in business

19, Gold of the Seven Saints (Roger Moore)

20, Yellow Stone Kelly

21, The Long Ships

22, The High COMMISSIONER

23, Journey to the Seventh Planet (John Agar)
Vince

Stan Jones

Jun 4, 2003, 12:25:19 PM6/4/03
Vince wrote:

>4, Peter Gunn (NOT the TV shows) there was a film begining of a
>series I guess

Are you talking about 1967's 'Gunn'? It's apparently not available on
VHS or DVD, but it shows up on TV now and then. I've seen it within the
past year - think it was on TCM.

>23, Journey to the Seventh Planet (John Agar)

That one's available on DVD - MGM Midnite Movies series - double feature
with 'Invisible Invaders' (also John Agar).

Stan

Vince

Jun 5, 2003, 5:17:13 PM6/5/03
In article <P3pDa.33822$Io.29...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Stan
Jones" <stanjonesn...@earthlink.net> writes:

I see thanks for the info.
Vince

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 5, 2003, 11:37:38 PM6/5/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >Are you talking about 1967's 'Gunn'? It's apparently not available on
>VHS or DVD, but it shows up on TV now and then. I've seen it within the
>past year - think it was on TCM. >>

I want the European version, with Sherry Jackson nekkid, dammit!!!

___________
Don't just put QWest out of business -
put the people in charge in jail. Now.
Be sure to visit www.tsewQ.com

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 5, 2003, 11:37:00 PM6/5/03
<< >>4, Peter Gunn (NOT the TV shows) there was a film begining of a
>>series I guess >>

Actually the movie came AFTER the series, not before.

Vince

Jun 7, 2003, 12:14:52 AM6/7/03
In article <20030605233738...@mb-m04.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>I want the European version, with Sherry Jackson nekkid, dammit!!!

RIGHT! The same with "Whats New Pussycat"
Vince

Vince

Jun 7, 2003, 12:14:53 AM6/7/03
In article <20030605233700...@mb-m04.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Actually the movie came AFTER the series, not before.

YES I know that, I meant to say a series of films since this feature did say on
the poster GUNN NUMBER ONE.
Vince

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 7, 2003, 11:53:07 AM6/7/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >I want the European version, with Sherry Jackson nekkid, dammit!!!

RIGHT! The same with "Whats New Pussycat" >>

Damn, good point. Paula Prentiss' crowd pleasing take off . . .

Which brings me to BS I Love You . . .

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 7, 2003, 3:10:30 PM6/7/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< YES I know that, I meant to say a series of films since this feature did say
on
the poster GUNN NUMBER ONE. >>

Oh. Hmm, I don't think that's what they meant. Certainly there was only the
one film. They probably meant 'number one' as in 'the best'

Vince

Jun 7, 2003, 5:08:42 PM6/7/03
In article <20030607115307...@mb-m15.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Which brings me to BS I Love You . . .

Sorry I don't think you're my type!
Vince

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 7, 2003, 7:20:49 PM6/7/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >Which brings me to BS I Love You . . .

Sorry I don't think you're my type! >>

Snicker

3 words

Joanna Kara Cameron

Vince

Jun 7, 2003, 8:21:19 PM6/7/03
In article <20030607151030...@mb-m25.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Oh. Hmm, I don't think that's what they meant. Certainly there was only the
>one film. They probably meant 'number one' as in 'the best'

No they were taking series ala 007, but I guess the film tanked so badly and
so.

Remember "Remo Williams, The Adventure Begins"? He was going to be the blue
collar James Bond, the first feature didn't do well and so the Adventure(s)
ended.
Vince

Vince

Jun 8, 2003, 1:03:20 PM6/8/03
In article <20030607192049...@mb-m29.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Joanna Kara Cameron

Well now that I know you're one of the fairer sex............

BUT who knows you still might not be my type as a matter of fact as far as my
wife is concerned no woman better be my type. In closing I might be a little
too old anyway.
Vince

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 8, 2003, 1:17:02 PM6/8/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >Joanna Kara Cameron

Well now that I know you're one of the fairer sex............ >>

Huh????

Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"

Brent McKee

Jun 8, 2003, 4:31:16 PM6/8/03

"ANIM8Rfsk" <anim...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

> << From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>
>

> << >Joanna Kara Cameron
> >

> Well now that I know you're one of the fairer sex............ >>
>
> Huh????
>
> Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"

__________________\ His Joke
/
_
/ .\
| > Your Head
\_ /

--
Brent McKee

To reply by email, please remove the capital letters (S and N) from
the email address

"If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly,
in one which is infinitely worse."
- Margaret Atwood

"Nothing is more dangerous than a dogmatic worldview - nothing more
constraining, more blinding to innovation, more destructive of
openness to novelty. "
- Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002)

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 8, 2003, 5:04:26 PM6/8/03
<< From: "Brent McKee" bSm...@shaw.caN >>

<< > Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"

__________________\ His Joke
/
_
/ .\
| > Your Head
\_ / >>

Maybe, but it occured to me that if you didn't KNOW there was a movie called
'BS I Love You' . . .

Joseph Paturbo

Jun 8, 2003, 7:53:15 PM6/8/03
"Over The Edge"...is that EVER going to be released on DVD? Matt
Dillon, Vincent Spano, etc. Nice little movie with a great soundtrack
too.

Vince

Jun 8, 2003, 11:56:08 PM6/8/03
In article <20030608170426...@mb-m11.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Maybe, but it occured to me that if you didn't KNOW there was a movie called
>'BS I Love You' . . .

I know the title but thats all I know about this feature.
Vince

Vince

Jun 8, 2003, 11:56:08 PM6/8/03
In article <20030608131702...@mb-m27.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"

Well never having seen the film I wouldn't know this, I thought the poster was
giving her real name. Whats more I've never heard of this actress guess she
didn't have much of a career.
Vince

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 9, 2003, 12:37:28 AM6/9/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"

Well never having seen the film I wouldn't know this >>

Which is what I said.

<< I thought the poster was
giving her real name. >>

His, and nope.

<< Whats more I've never heard of this actress guess she
didn't have much of a career. >>

Yeah, anybody you don't know just doesn't count.

Stan Jones

Jun 9, 2003, 12:24:54 PM6/9/03
Vince wrote:

>...guess she didn't have much of a career.

Well, not a huge career. Besides her several movies, she starred in the
Saturday morning "Secret of Isis", and looked REAL good doing it. Here's
a link to a pic:

www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-23327

Stan

Captain Howdy!

Jun 9, 2003, 3:05:18 PM6/9/03
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) wrote in message news:<20030609003728...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

> << From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>
>

> << >Joanna Kara Cameron is the star of "BS: I Love You"
> >

> Well never having seen the film I wouldn't know this >>
>
> Which is what I said.
>
> << I thought the poster was
> giving her real name. >>
>
> His, and nope.
>
> << Whats more I've never heard of this actress guess she
> didn't have much of a career. >>
>
> Yeah, anybody you don't know just doesn't count.

Joanna was a hottie. Starring in the saturday morning version of ISIS
she was the stuff of my prepubescent dreams. "BS I Love You" was her
only nude scene.

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 9, 2003, 8:03:53 PM6/9/03
<< From: captain_h...@yahoo.com (Captain Howdy!) >>

<< Joanna was a hottie. Starring in the saturday morning version of ISIS
she was the stuff of my prepubescent dreams. "BS I Love You" was her
only nude scene. >>

Maybe. I've seen stills that seem to be from movies that are supposed to be
her. Of course, they *might* be from BS, I've never seen that except chopped
to ribbons on local TV. I have no idea if the stills I've seen that are from
it are actually in any print of the film.

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 9, 2003, 8:05:48 PM6/9/03
<< From: captain_h...@yahoo.com (Captain Howdy!) >>

<< Joanna was a hottie. >>

http://images.google.com/images?q=%22joanna+cameron%22&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en

several Isis pics, at least one BS pic, and one that looks more current . . .

Vince

Jun 9, 2003, 11:32:49 PM6/9/03
In article <20030609003728...@mb-m11.aol.com>,
anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk) writes:

>Yeah, anybody you don't know just doesn't count.

What is your problem? I never said anything of the kind!
Vince

Vince

Jun 9, 2003, 11:32:48 PM6/9/03
In article <b21aa228.0306...@posting.google.com>,
captain_h...@yahoo.com (Captain Howdy!) writes:

>Joanna was a hottie. Starring in the saturday morning version of ISIS
>she was the stuff of my prepubescent dreams. "BS I Love You" was her
>only nude scene.

Hmm........Maybe I better put this film on my videos to see list.
Vince

Vince

Jun 9, 2003, 11:32:48 PM6/9/03
In article <qx2Fa.41882$Io.36...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Stan
Jones" <stanjonesn...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Well, not a huge career. Besides her several movies, she starred in the
>Saturday morning "Secret of Isis", and looked REAL good doing it. Here's
>a link to a pic:

OH YES, I remember her now but I knew her as Jo Anna Cameron, lovely lady.

Derire Hall (Days of Our Lives) also started as a Saturday morning superhero, I
don't remember the title of the show but I know it was MS Hall and another
woman.
Vince

Stan Jones

Jun 10, 2003, 9:46:49 AM6/10/03
Vince wrote:

>Derire Hall (Days of Our Lives) also started as a Saturday
>morning superhero, I don't remember the title of the show
>but I know it was MS Hall and another woman.

That would be 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl', one of those Sid & Marty
Kroft things. I don't remember it myself. Deidre Hall did this after she
left 'The Young & the Restless' and before joining 'Days of Our Lives'.

BTW, it took me less time to find this info on IMDb than it did to type
this note.

Stan

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 10, 2003, 11:45:48 AM6/10/03
<< From: holvb...@cs.com (Vince) >>

<< >Joanna was a hottie. Starring in the saturday morning version of ISIS
>she was the stuff of my prepubescent dreams. "BS I Love You" was her
>only nude scene.

Hmm........Maybe I better put this film on my videos to see list. >>

Well, if you don't already lust for her from Isis, I'm not sure I can recommend
BS. It's fairly tough viewing.

Vince

Jun 11, 2003, 12:27:48 AM6/11/03
In article <djlFa.43407$Io.38...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Stan
Jones" <stanjonesn...@earthlink.net> writes:

>That would be 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl', one of those Sid & Marty
>Kroft things. I don't remember it myself. Deidre Hall did this after she
>left 'The Young & the Restless' and before joining 'Days of Our Lives'.

Thanks for the intel Stan, I remember that one NOW, saw it maybe once.

>BTW, it took me less time to find this info on IMDb than it did to type
>this note.

AND your point is?

Vince

Stan Jones

Jun 11, 2003, 9:31:31 AM6/11/03
Vince wrote:

>AND your point is?

My point is that one can be either a contributor or a commenter and that
being the former is not much harder than being the latter.

Stan

Mike Rice

Jun 30, 2003, 4:35:07 AM6/30/03
John Drew Barrymore, her alcoholic, druggie
father, who had a minor career in the fifties
and the sixties, and learned the entire bop
dictionary for High School Confidential.

Mike Rice

On 02 Jun 2003 00:43:16 GMT, madih...@aol.com (MadiHolmes) wrote:

>>Now that you bring it up, what IS Drew Barrymore's claim to fame?
>>

>John, Ethel, Lionel, and a couple others
>

>MadiHolmes

Mike Rice

Jun 30, 2003, 4:36:59 AM6/30/03
Listen, Barrymore was bad in While the City Slips, but
the film character was constructed badly. I didn't blame
Barrymore for it. I blamed Lang and the writer.

Mike Rice