Actors that resmeble other actors

GrapeApe

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Thought I would avoid using the separated at birth tag for the subject header
in order to weed out more figurative responses.

I am occasionally embarrassed that the overwhelming stregth of Robert Mitchum
makes me forget the name of the actor in Sunset Boulevard, among other things,
William Holden.

But it happens.

And we often see the casting decision of "I need a <name of star.> type.. So it
can be rather common. Often the type IS primarily one of physical resmblence of
course, often it is not.

What actors do you have a tendency to confuse with each other?

Susan Umpleby

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
> What actors do you have a tendency to confuse with each other?

When they were younger, Robert De Niro & Al Pacino.

John Harkness

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
On 24 Oct 2000 19:30:56 GMT, grap...@aol.comjunk (GrapeApe) wrote:

> Thought I would avoid using the separated at birth tag for the subject header
>in order to weed out more figurative responses.
>
>I am occasionally embarrassed that the overwhelming stregth of Robert Mitchum
>makes me forget the name of the actor in Sunset Boulevard, among other things,
>William Holden.
>
>But it happens.
>
>And we often see the casting decision of "I need a <name of star.> type.. So it
>can be rather common. Often the type IS primarily one of physical resmblence of
>course, often it is not.
>

>What actors do you have a tendency to confuse with each other?

Well, when they were younger, Michael Douglas and James Brolin.

John Harkness

ConnMoore

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
For me it is Lee Marvin and James Coburn....I have no idea why...But I can
never get those guys right

igsjr

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Robert Ryan and Sterling Hayden.

Ivan

John Harkness

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
On 24 Oct 2000 22:04:26 GMT, conn...@aol.com (ConnMoore) wrote:

>For me it is Lee Marvin and James Coburn....I have no idea why...But I can
>never get those guys right

It's the hair.

John Harkness

Steve Oldham

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Kevin Spacey, John Cusack....and throw in Kevin Pollack.
.
.Steve

DD

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
James Franciscus & George Peppard

Sisters Joan & Oliva de Havilland

Struthers Martin and Dub Taylor

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"...A brave man once asked me,
to answer questions that are key,
'Is it to be or not to be?'
and I replied: 'Oh, why ask me?'..."

David Matthews

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

"Steve Oldham" <stev...@rocsoft.net> wrote in message

> Kevin Spacey, John Cusack....and throw in Kevin Pollack.
> .
> .Steve

Tony Randall and Jack Lemmon

Dave

Steve Oldham

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
King Kong, Mighty Joe Young.......and throw in Bonzo.
.
.Steve

andy749

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Robert Stack and Robert Lansing

BH

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

All those guys are confusing....

Jeff Bridges
Jeff Daniels
Micheal Douglas
Bull Pullman

I can never decipher them.

John Harkness <j...@attcanada.ca> wrote in message

claire0

Oct 24, 2000, 8:25:51 PM10/24/00
steve mcqueen and paul newman
claire
David Matthews <dmatt...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

t.cruise

Oct 24, 2000, 11:47:29 PM10/24/00

Scott Glenn and Peter Coyote
John Cusack and Andrew McCarthy

T.C.

OJones7893

Oct 25, 2000, 12:14:20 AM10/25/00
Susan Kohner ("Imitation of Life" [1959]) and Natalie Wood

Mark Pinter (of the American daytime soap 'Another World') and Dirk Bogarde

Cornell Borchers and Ingrid Bergman

Patrick Swayze and Joel McCrea

Robert Powell and Richard E. Grant
(similar faces, similar voices, and similar British dialects)

Susan Hayward (in the '50's), Ida Lupino (in the '50's), Gene Tierney (in the
'40's)
(I thought Ida Lupino looked just like Susan Hayward at times, and sometimes
like Gene Tierney in "Beware, My Lovely")

Neve Campbell and Irene Jacob
(I thought that Irene Jacob looked like Neve Campbell in "U.S. Marshals",
except Irene had a deeper voice, a European accent, and a more beautiful face.)

Romy Schneider and Jenny Seagrove
(See Romy Schneider in "Ludwig" and any of Jenny Seagrove's movies, and
you'll see a strong resemblance.)

Jenny Seagrove and Kim Cattrall
(Watch any movie that features Kim Cattrall as a brunette and Jenny Seagrove
in "Hold The Dream", and you'll see that they are similar physical types.)

Michael Douglas (in the '70's) and Al Pacino

Rachel Ward and Jane Greer

Brigitte Bardot (in the '50's) and Jane Fonda (in the '60's).
[Years ago, my mother once told me, without remembering the names, that
Brigitte Bardot was married to a man, and that after they got divorced, he
married another woman and made her look just like his previous wife. She was
right. I was surprised to learn that the husband was Roger Vadim and that the
second wife was Jane Fonda.
I've seen Bardot in "And God Created Woman" and "Helen of Troy", and Fonda in
"Hurry, Sundown" and "Barefoot in the Park". With similar make-up and styling,
Bardot and Fonda did resemble each other.]

Elizabeth Taylor and Jean Simmons

Greer Garson and Irene Dunne

Anne Baxter and Jane Greer

Ted Thompson

Oct 25, 2000, 12:33:38 AM10/25/00
D. B. Sweeney and John Cusack

Ted

DD

Oct 25, 2000, 12:40:31 AM10/25/00
oJones..I hope if I'm ever in a police line up, you're not the guy on
the other side of the window :-)

GrapeApe

Oct 25, 2000, 2:16:28 AM10/25/00
> [Years ago, my mother once told me, without remembering the names, that
>Brigitte Bardot was married to a man, and that after they got divorced,
>he
>married another woman and made her look just like his previous wife.

Bo Derek Linda Evans

Susan Umpleby

Oct 25, 2000, 2:19:52 AM10/25/00

Alan Hale & Alan Hale Jr. (close enough they look like clones)

All of the Baldwin brothers (again--could be clones)

GrapeApe

Oct 25, 2000, 2:28:34 AM10/25/00
>Jeff Bridges
>Jeff Daniels
>Micheal Douglas
>Bull Pullman

Jeff Daniels- Daneil Stern

DD

Oct 25, 2000, 2:15:51 AM10/25/00
Sorry OJones, for the rib; I don't see the close resemblance of Michael
Douglas and Al Pacino,

or Patrick Swayze and Joel
McCrea,

or Susan Hayward and Ida Lupino and Gene Tierney,

or Elizabeth Taylor and Jean Simmons,

or Greer Garson and Irene Dunne

Respectfully

patricia_fox

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
In article <20001024153056...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,
grap...@aol.comjunk (GrapeApe) wrote:

tom cruise and charlie sheen.

kate hudson and harvey keitel.

--
http://thenewrepublic.com/ & http://www.newcriterion.com/
http://www.observer.com/arts.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

sch...@gefen.cc.biu.ac.il

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
In article <20001024153056...@ng-cg1.aol.com>, GrapeApe <grap...@aol.comjunk> wrote:

: What actors do you have a tendency to confuse with each other?

Even though they don't look anything like each other, I always confuse
Kim Basinger with Daryl Hannah. Actually, it's more like "that movie
had that blonde actress -- no, not Daryl Hannah, the other one. . ."

-----
Richard Schultz sch...@mail.biu.ac.il
-----
"an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience"

Opencity

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Supposedly in casting "The Breakheart Pass," Charles Bronson wanted Michael
Learned for a role but then went for Michael Lerner when his first choice was
unavailable. Of course, Michael Learned is an actress best known as the mother
on "The Waltons" and Michael Lerner is a chubby actor.

tricks...@my-deja.com

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Sara Michele Gellar = Clara Bow

Charlie Sheen = Montgomery Clift

Jimmy Stewart = Nicholas Cage

Jeffrey Davis

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
tricks...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Sara Michele Gellar = Clara Bow
>
> Charlie Sheen = Montgomery Clift
>
> Jimmy Stewart = Nicholas Cage

I've never looked at them quite like that. Hmmm. Yes. I see.

So, using these glasses:

Denver Pyle = Hugh Grant

R. G. Armstrong = Matthew Broderick

Ernie Kovacs = Tony Randall

--
Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu>
The John Dortmunder of Lexington, Ky

WallSt612

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Alan Hale and Alan Hale Jr.

WallSt

richard

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Peter Weller and James Woods

Charleze Theron and Ashley Judd

Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and Yasmine Bleeth

Jeff Chandler and Clark Gable

Stephen Furst and Wayne Knight

Leonard Nimoy and Mark Lenard

Jeffrey Hunter and Ray Liotta

Richard

lynn paden

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

"GrapeApe" <grap...@aol.comjunk> wrote in message

bill pullman- bill paxton

jamison

Paul

Oct 25, 2000, 8:54:38 PM10/25/00
Peter Wyngarde and Peter O Toole.

Spencer Tracy and James Whitmore

George Chachiros(West Side Story 1961) & Jack Scalia (TV.series The Devlin
Connection 1983) & James Naughton ( Planrt of the Apes) & a few other s do
look similar to these actors.

"Susan Umpleby" <sump...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Brent McKee

Oct 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/26/00
Jean Simmons and Jean Marsh.

Brent McKee

Oct 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/26/00

GrapeApe <grap...@aol.comjunk> wrote in message

No, that was John Derek. Actually Evans was his second wife. The first
wife apparently accepted Derek having an affair with Evans and acceded very
willingly to the divorce. I wish I knew what she looked like.

Roger Vadim was married to Brigitte Bardot and to Jane Fonda, and yes there
is a passing resemblance (but can anyone see BB in "Barbarella"?). I
haven't checked IMDb but there was undoubtedly another marriage or an affair
after the marriage with Fonda for Vadim to practice his Svengali act on. I
do know that Vadim tried to recapture his youth (or something) by remaking
"...And God Created Woman" with Rebecca DeMornay, but I don't know if he was
also sleeping with her.

--
Brent McKee

To reply by email, please remove the capital letters (S and N) from the
email address

"If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly, in
one which is infinitely worse."
- Margaret Atwood

lst...@webtv.net

Oct 26, 2000, 6:33:40 AM10/26/00
I second Connmoore's confusion of James Coburn and Lee Marvin.

Howard Brazee

Oct 26, 2000, 9:14:26 AM10/26/00

Michael Douglas and Kurt Russell

Michael's middle name is Kirk, and his dad's name adds to the confusion.

Starcap 50

Oct 26, 2000, 10:23:03 AM10/26/00
There was an actor in the film "Bottle Rocket" who bore a striking resemblance
to a young Bill Clinton. At least to me when I saw it.

Did this thought occur to anybody else who saw this film? If so, then who was
this actor?

Dennis

Bill Warren

Oct 26, 2000, 2:20:56 PM10/26/00
Juliette Lewis looks exactly like what Tom Hanks would look like if he were ten
or so years younger, and female.

DD

Oct 26, 2000, 3:03:05 PM10/26/00
LOL Bill Warren! I said the exact thing about Ernest Borgnine and Chief
Justice Janet Reno

The resemblence gets even closer between the two, if you examine their
baby pictures two weeks after their birth; its just scary :-)

Wull

Oct 26, 2000, 3:34:43 PM10/26/00
But Janet Reno is taller.
I guess they can look alike and not be the same height, :-)

Wull-who assumed that you were talking about resemblance and not
resmeblance, :-)

wence...@my-deja.com

Oct 26, 2000, 3:47:52 PM10/26/00
Jeffrey Hunter and Jared Leto

andy749

Oct 26, 2000, 4:41:41 PM10/26/00
Susan Hayward + Hedy Lamar

Samson and Delilah...Demetrius and the Gladiators...as a kid thought
they were the same woman.

Steve Oldham

Oct 26, 2000, 8:52:12 PM10/26/00
Emily Watson & Tracey Ullman.
.
.Steve

Denise noe

Oct 26, 2000, 9:06:43 PM10/26/00
Has anyone mentioned Bradford Dillman & Rip Torn yet? People have approached
Dillman & said, "May I have your autograph, Mr. Torn?" He signs Rip Torn &
adds "Sure wish I looked like Bradford Dillman."

****************************
Denise Noe
Koko the Signing Gorilla says: "Fine animal gorilla."

Steve Oldham

Oct 26, 2000, 9:27:06 PM10/26/00
Jessica Lange & Brandon De Wilde.
.
.Steve

Patricia Wadley

Oct 27, 2000, 2:58:43 PM10/27/00

richard wrote:

> Peter Weller and James Woods
>
> Charleze Theron and Ashley Judd

> Stephen Furst and Wayne Knight

> Leonard Nimoy and Mark Lenard
>
> Jeffrey Hunter and Ray Liotta
>
> Richard

To that add Kevin Spacey and whathisname The Gladiator. I
am sooo forgetful.

Starcap 50

Oct 27, 2000, 4:03:45 PM10/27/00
It has always struck me how much Dan Hedaya looked like the late President,
Richard M. Nixon. Did this thought ever occur to anyone else here?

Dennis

Jeffrey Davis

Oct 27, 2000, 4:05:22 PM10/27/00
Starcap 50 wrote:

> It has always struck me how much Dan Hedaya looked like the late President,
> Richard M. Nixon. Did this thought ever occur to anyone else here?

The people who cast him in "Dick".

--
Jeffrey Davis <jeffk...@earthlink.net>

Dean Eaton

Oct 27, 2000, 10:35:16 PM10/27/00
I'm constantly getting Jeff Daniels and Bill Pullman mixed up - probably
because they play similiar kinds of parts. And then there's that whole flock
of
Mary-louise-sarah-jessica-mary-elizabeth-mary-stuart-jennifer-love-melissa-j
oan-sarah-michelle women. Let's not even go there.
Oh yes - my wife can't tell the difference between Catherine Hicks and Bess
Armstrong, either.
Dean

Patricia Wadley <mj...@flash.net> wrote in message

Sally G. Waters

Oct 28, 2000, 12:31:56 AM10/28/00
I've always gotten Tom Ewell and Henry Jones mixed up.

And then, there's Billy Mumy and Sissy Spacek.

--Sally

"Bill Warren" <bill...@aol.com.exx> wrote in message

Helen & Bob

Oct 28, 2000, 8:25:31 AM10/28/00

Steve Oldham wrote:

Tracy Ullman does the makeup so well that she can resemble anybody.
Bob

Jack Lefton

Oct 28, 2000, 11:33:03 AM10/28/00

"Dean Eaton" <dce...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> I'm constantly getting Jeff Daniels and Bill Pullman mixed up -

Go here for some comparison pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/jacklefton/lookalikes.html

Ted Thompson

Oct 28, 2000, 12:03:46 PM10/28/00
Older Laurence Olivier = Albert Basserman

Ted

William Brainard

Oct 28, 2000, 11:13:00 PM10/28/00
Jane Wyman in the late 1940s reminded one of Claudette Colbert in the
1930s.

--

William W. Brainard
p020...@pb.seflin.org

John Gavin

Oct 28, 2000, 9:11:39 AM10/28/00
When they were young:

Joan Collins and Liz Taylor,
Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn Monroe,
Rock Hudson and John Gavin

Del Flemmer

Oct 28, 2000, 8:26:10 PM10/28/00
Francis and Mr. Ed

Helen & Bob

Oct 29, 2000, 8:32:24 AM10/29/00

John Gavin wrote:

> When they were young:
>
> Joan Collins and Liz Taylor,

Yes, but Lis was prettier

> Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn Monroe,

Jayne was a conscious attempt to imitate Monroe. She failed in that.
But, Mansfield was by far the more intelligent. She had a genius IQ.

> Rock Hudson and John Gavin

I really don't see the similarity.

Bob

Maureen Goldman

Oct 29, 2000, 1:33:45 PM10/29/00
delb...@webtv.net (Del Flemmer) wrote:

> Francis and Mr. Ed

[snirk!]

Susan Umpleby

Oct 29, 2000, 2:48:56 PM10/29/00
Maureen Goldman <inksl...@FOGsunshine.net> wrote in message

> delb...@webtv.net (Del Flemmer) wrote:
>
> > Francis and Mr. Ed
>
> [snirk!]

-----------Nonsense! They didn't look at all alike. Now, if you'd
mentioned the resemblance between Francis & Dinah (Our Gang mule), or Mr. Ed
and Trigger, then you'd have been on the right track. :-)

Howard Brazee

Oct 29, 2000, 2:04:08 PM10/29/00

Susan Umpleby wrote:

They also aren't actors, they are characters.

John Chivers

Oct 29, 2000, 5:18:36 PM10/29/00
Early in their careers, I couldn't differentiate between Tom Hanks and
Michael Keaton, or Kevin Costner/Dennis Quaid.

Christopher Siciliano

Oct 29, 2000, 5:59:03 PM10/29/00

William Devane and Jack Nickleson

"John Chivers" <chiv...@home.com> wrote in message

WallSt612

Oct 30, 2000, 1:35:26 AM10/30/00
Francis and Mr. Ed>delbonek

Rin Tin Tin and Bullet
Black Beauty and Fury

WallSt

WrldlyWit

Nov 1, 2000, 3:10:19 AM11/1/00
Adrian Paul and the young Sean Connery

Richard Gere and David Duchovny

Tom Cruise and William Gibson (DHARMA AND GREGG)

Michelle Pfeiffer and Cameron Diaz.

Howard Brazee

Nov 1, 2000, 7:52:11 AM11/1/00
Bill Pullman and

W. Lydecker

Nov 1, 2000, 1:47:35 PM11/1/00
Fifteen years ago, Kurt Russell would have been perfect to play Tom
Neal's role in "Detour".
Neal's real life was about as fouled up as the movie chump.

DD

Nov 1, 2000, 2:47:37 PM11/1/00
Remember when Kurt Russell played Elvis in a made for "teevee" version
of the King?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"...A brave man once asked me,
to answer questions that are key,
'Is it to be or not to be?'
and I replied: 'Oh, why ask me?'..."

WrldlyWit

Nov 2, 2000, 11:50:45 AM11/2/00
Richard Gere and David Duchovny

Michelle Pfeiffer and Cameron Diaz

Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, Michael J. Fox and Michael Douglas.

ros...@dslextreme.com

Nov 2, 2000, 6:29:14 PM11/2/00
WrldlyWit wrote:

> Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen,

Earlier on this thread someone mentioned a resemblance between
Charlie Sheen and Montgomery Clift, I agree, something about the
eyes and facial expression, especially after Clift had his face
rearranged by that auto accident.

The resemblance between father and son, Martin & Charlie isn't that
obvious.

Rosanne

A.G.

Nov 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/3/00
Hello~ I saw this subject posting awhile back. It was very interesting to
think about. Some actors are so similar looks & performance...I have trouble
keeping each correct because of their similar "casting". They must have been
sent to allot auditions together in their early careers.
1. Nick Nolte....Gary Busey
2. Dean Cain...Kevin Sorbo
3. Tyrone Power...Henry Fonda
4. William DeFoe...Christopher Walken
5. Meg Ryan....Robin Wright Penn
6. Patrick Swayze....Kurt Russel.

My Best.....Anthony Genovese SAG/Aftra
Hollywood's Insider Articles at the BBS
http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb220295
HELP! My residuals have fallen down, I can't get them up!
Rent Kevin Costner's "Message in A Bottle"..'99's best Date Movie
and see Steve Martin's hilarious "Bowfinger".
( ALL EMAIL IS VERY WELCOME!!!
HOWEVER, I will CHARGE $5,000 for DELETING UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL electronic
mail...unread. Any commercial electronic mail to my e-mail address denotes
ACCEPTANCE of these contractual terms. My posting messages to UseNet NEITHER
grants consent to receiving, NOR is intended to solicit commercial e-mail of
any kind. ALL OTHER EMAIL IS VERY WELCOME!!!
As Per US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,Subchapter II 227
Unsolicited [JUNK MAIL] commercial advertising is NOT welcome here and
prosecution may occur.)

"WrldlyWit" <wrld...@aol.com> wrote in message

GrapeApe

Nov 5, 2000, 2:38:43 AM11/5/00
>1. Nick Nolte....Gary Busey
>2. Dean Cain...Kevin Sorbo
>3. Tyrone Power...Henry Fonda
>4. William DeFoe...Christopher Walken
>5. Meg Ryan....Robin Wright Penn
>6. Patrick Swayze....Kurt Russel.

I'll add to this the list of this thread as I have compiled it so far, nothing
like seeing them all in one place to jog other memories of possible confusion.
Feel free to post the entire list in a reply if you like.

Adrian Paul and the young Sean Connery

Alan Hale & Alan Hale Jr. (close enough they look like clones)
All of the Baldwin brothers (again--could be clones)
Bo Derek Linda Evans
Bradford Dillman & Rip Torn
Bridgette bardot Jane Fonda
Cameron Diaz and Clare Danes

Catherine Hicks and Bess Armstrong,

Charleze Theron and Ashley Judd

Charlie Sheen and Montgomery Clift
Christian Slater Crispin Glover Corey Feldman
Dan Hedaya Richard M. Nixon
Emily Watson & Tracey Ullman
Ernest Borgnine and Chief Justice Janet Reno
Ethan Hawke Matt Damon
George Sands Gene Wilder
Harry Dean Stanton Dean Stockwell and Tommy Lee Jones
James Coburn and Lee Marvin.
James Franciscus & George Peppard
Jane Wyman Claudette Colbert
Jaquin Phoenix Chris O Donnel

Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn Monroe,

Jean Simmons and Jean Marsh.
Jeff Daniels- Daneil Stern
Jeff Fahey Billy Zane

Jeffrey Hunter and Ray Liotta

Jessica Lange & Brandon De Wilde

Joan Collins and Liz Taylor,

John Cusack Andrew McCarthy Matthew Broderick
Juliette Lewis Tom Hanks
Kevin Pollock Paul Rieser
Kevin Spacey Russel Crowe Ray Liotta
Kevin Spacey, John Cusack....and throw in Kevin Pollack.
King Kong, Mighty Joe Young.......and throw in Bonzo.
Kurt Russell Elvis Presley neal in detour
Lee Marvin James Coburn

Leonard Nimoy and Mark Lenard

Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez

Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, Michael J. Fox and Michael Douglas.

Michael Douglas and Kurt Russell

Michelle Pfeiffer and Cameron Diaz

Mickey Rourke Judd Nelson
Mira Sorvino Ashley Judd
Nancy Walker Ruth Gordon

Older Laurence Olivier = Albert Basserman

Peter Ustinov Zero Mostel James Coco

Peter Weller and James Woods

Peter Wyngarde and Peter O Toole.

Richard Gere and David Duchovny

Richard Grant Hugh Grant
Robert Mitchum William Holden
Robert Ryan and Sterling Hayden.

Rock Hudson and John Gavin

Sisters Joan & Oliva de Havilland
Spencer Tracy and James Whitmore and Lloyd Bridges and Jason Robards

Stephen Furst and Wayne Knight

Struthers Martin and Dub Taylor

Tom Cruise and William Gibson (DHARMA AND GREGG)

Tony Randall and Jack Lemmon
When they were younger, Robert De Niro & Al Pacino.
William Devane Cliff Robertson
bill pullman- bill paxton
max baer max baer jr

Someones web page
http://www.geocities.com/jacklefton/lookalikes.html

There is a news satire site that focuses on celebrities that has a bunch of
these confusions as well, but the only thing I can remember about it is I read
about the site in the same article I discovered Modern Humorist.

--cut and paste to adopt this sig file---

Make Deja a useful Usenet Archive again!

http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html

sch...@gefen.cc.biu.ac.il

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00

Malcolm McDowell and Sting.
Ernest Borgnine and Martin Balsam.

-----
Richard Schultz sch...@mail.biu.ac.il
-----
"an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience"

Starcap 50

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
I always thought that Jack Lemmon bore a striking resemblance to former
President George Bush.

Dennis

andy749

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
mick jagger and don knotts
edie adams and jane or audrey meadows
barbara perkins and suzanne pleshette

Wull

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
So what are you saying Dennis? That George Bush was an actor? :-)
Then I guess that most politicians are actors of a sort.

Wull

A.G.

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
Hey, GrapeApe, great minds often think alike. I had started this discussion
on another newsgroup with a different' worded' topic line. It is still fun
to think about and see.
My Best.....A. G. SAG/Aftra
Visit my Website at
http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/movieactor/AGenovese.html
and Hollywood's Insider Articles at the BBS

http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb220295
HELP! My residuals have fallen down, I can't get them up!
Rent Kevin Costner's "Message in A Bottle"..'99's best Date Movie and see
Steve Martin's hilarious "Bowfinger".
( ALL EMAIL IS VERY WELCOME!!!
HOWEVER, I will CHARGE $5,000 for DELETING UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL electronic
mail...unread. Any commercial electronic mail to my e-mail address denotes
ACCEPTANCE of these contractual terms. My posting messages to UseNet NEITHER
grants consent to receiving, NOR is intended to solicit commercial e-mail of
any kind. ALL OTHER EMAIL IS VERY WELCOME!!!
As Per US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,Subchapter II 227
Unsolicited [JUNK MAIL] commercial advertising is NOT welcome here and
prosecution may occur.)

"GrapeApe" <grap...@aol.comjunk> wrote in message

GrapeApe

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
Tony Fraciosa James Franciscus

Starcap 50

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
>>From: Wull wjma...@datarecall.net<<

>>So what are you saying Dennis? That George Bush was an actor? :-)
Then I guess that most politicians are actors of a sort.<<

Ever since Ronald Reagan became president, I have lumped actors and politicians
together.

Dennis

Cookie

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
Starcap 50 wrote:

So what are you saying Dennis? That Ronald Reagan was an actor? :-)

- Cookie

Howard Brazee

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
GrapeApe wrote:

> Ernest Borgnine and Chief Justice Janet Reno

He did play Vince Lombardi once. Football players used to call Vince "Marty".

LITTLEPJoo

Nov 20, 2000, 11:23:23 PM11/20/00
Coming in almost a month late on this thread. But I didn't see anyone mention
Johnny Depp & Skeet Ulrich.

PJ

>> What actors do you have a tendency to confuse with each other?

jli...@my-deja.com

Nov 21, 2000, 12:25:27 AM11/21/00
Gary Cole (American Gothic series) and Marc Singer (Beastmaster)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

GrapeApe

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
Michael T. Weiss, Jarod in The Pretender (TV) and
Kevin Kilner, William Boone in Earth FInal Conflict (TV)