Pig movie flop?

Jay Framson

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at work is: name a talking
pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop. The movie came out
before "Babe." Anybody know the answer? Thanks.
-- Jay F.
L.A.

kitts

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96

> PIG MOVIE FLOP?

Easy...GORDY.

C. Hussin

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
to Jay Framson
Jay Framson wrote:

> One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at work is: name a talking
> pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop. The movie came out
> before "Babe." Anybody know the answer? Thanks.
> -- Jay F.
> L.A.

The Film was named "Gordy"

Craig.

Alex Fung

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

Rob Hartill (ro...@imdb.com) writes:
> Jay Framson wrote:
>> One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at
>> work is: name a talking
>> pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop.
>> The movie came out before "Babe."
>> Anybody know the answer? Thanks.
>
> Sounds like "Gordy"
>
> http://us.imdb.com/M/title-exact?Gordy+%281995%29

Just on the side, although "Gordy" is almost certainly the answer to
this trivia question, it might be worth pointing out that although
the film, released by Miramax, died a quick death at the box office,
it has since been released as a Disney home video (parent company to
Miramax), and has sold well over two million units, putting the film
well into the black. It was a 'big flop' theatrically, but not overall.
--
Alex Fung (aw...@freenet.carleton.ca)
"Lestat is six feet tall, blonde, and gay, so Tom Cruise isn't the first

Rob Hartill

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
Jay Framson wrote:

> One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at
> work is: name a talking
> pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop.
> The movie came out before "Babe."
> Anybody know the answer? Thanks.

Sounds like "Gordy"

http://us.imdb.com/M/title-exact?Gordy+%281995%29

--
Rob Hartill (ro...@imdb.com)
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) http://www.imdb.com/

Anonymous

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
In article <x7KKtKV.j...@delphi.com>, Jay Framson
<jayfr...@delphi.com> wrote:

>> One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at work is: name a talking
>>pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop. The movie came out
>>before "Babe." Anybody know the answer? Thanks.

>>-- Jay F.
>> L.A.

I didn't think RoseAnne or Liz Taylor made a film recently.....

Message has been deleted

eliad...@gmail.com

May 19, 2020, 1:29:50 AM5/19/20

Lewis

May 19, 2020, 8:08:38 AM5/19/20
Gordy was released the same year as Babe, IIRC?

--
"Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop." - H. L.
Mencken

inf...@mindspring.com

May 19, 2020, 10:19:47 AM5/19/20
On Tue, 19 May 2020 12:08:37 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>In message <63263c61-c562-4696...@googlegroups.com> eliad...@gmail.com <eliad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday, March 23, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jay Framson wrote:
>>> One of the bonus questions on our Oscar pool at work is: name a talking
>>> pig movie that came out this year but was a big flop. The movie came out
>>> before "Babe." Anybody know the answer? Thanks.
>
>Gordy was released the same year as Babe, IIRC?

And flopped badly. The producer took out network time to scold the
moviegoing public that if they weren't going to support such films,
she would have to stop making them.

Then along came Babe and swept the floor with Gordy.