Punjabi actors/actresses

Muqudar

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Trupti began a topic for gujrati actors, I wanted to know which actors were
punjabi... all I know is that Juhi Chawla is Punjabi... what about the others
like Akshay Kumar, etc..

shri...@hotmail.com

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

In article <199803191957...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,

Muqudar,

You don't want to tread on that one. The hero list could be endless.

Here is a starter:

Akshaye Khanna, Bobby deol, Akshay kumar, Anil kapoor, Chandrachur,
Ajay devgan, Sunny Deol, Sanjay dutt, kumar Gaurav,...the list goes on......

In the past: Dharmendra, Dev Anand, the Kapoor Khandaan starting from
Prithviraj Kapoor,Rajendra Kumar, Jeetendra, Vinod Khanna, Rajesh Khanna,
Sunil Dutt......

Actresses: Raveena, Karisma, Juhi......

And many directors/producers/supporting actors/actresses are Punjabis too.

Bye
Shridhar

Muqudar

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Shridhar, thanks for the information. Now for some specifics... Can you please
tell me the background of the following actors and actresses? thanks... as u
might have found out, I am punjabi :)
My last name is Singh also like Chandrachur Singh....

Sridevi:
Madhuri:
Rekha:
Hema Malini
Nargis
The next three I have an idea on...
Salman:
Shah Rukh:
Aamir:

P.S. I also know that Arachana Singh (the actress who plays Johnny Lever's
wife in Judaai) is Punjabi also....

Mo

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Govinda

shri...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

In article <199803200708...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,

muq...@aol.com (Muqudar) wrote:

> Shridhar, thanks for the information.

No problem, Muqudar. My pleasure.

Now for some specifics... Can you please
> tell me the background of the following actors and actresses? thanks... as u
> might have found out, I am punjabi :)

Yeah, you told me you are a Sikh in one of your posts.

> My last name is Singh also like Chandrachur Singh....

Whats your first name ? Is it Muqudar ?

> Sridevi:

Now this is a bit of confusion. All way long, i was thinking she was a
Tamilian but somewhere i came across this story that her father had
connections with some Telugu woman and Sridevi thus came into the picture or
something like that..not very clear. At best, she could be "half Tamil half
Telugu"

> Madhuri:

Marathi.

> Rekha:

Tamilian.

> Hema Malini

Tamilian.

> Nargis

Muslim.

> The next three I have an idea on...
> Salman:

Well, Muslim from Mumbai.

> Shah Rukh:

Muslim from Delhi.

> Aamir:

Muslim from Mumbai.

> P.S. I also know that Arachana Singh (the actress who plays Johnny Lever's
> wife in Judaai) is Punjabi also....

Yep, pretty obvious...also, Amrita Singh.

Bye
Shridhar

> <<Muqudar,
> You don't want to tread on that one. The hero list could be endless.
> Here is a starter:
>
> Akshaye Khanna, Bobby deol, Akshay kumar, Anil kapoor, Chandrachur, Ajay
> devgan, Sunny Deol, Sanjay dutt, kumar Gaurav,...the list goes on......
>
> In the past: Dharmendra, Dev Anand, the Kapoor Khandaan starting from
> Prithviraj Kapoor,Rajendra Kumar, Jeetendra, Vinod Khanna, Rajesh Khanna, Sunil
> Dutt......
> Actresses: Raveena, Karisma, Juhi......
>
> And many directors/producers/supporting actors/actresses are Punjabis too.>>

shri...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

In article <352de901....@news.clara.net>,
11305...@compuserve.com (Mo) wrote:

> Govinda

You are wrong there...Govinda is a Sindhi and not punjabi.

Shridhar

Muqudar

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

<<Whats your first name ? Is it Muqudar ?>>

My name is Sukhdeep Singh

<< Sridevi:

Now this is a bit of confusion. All way long, i was thinking she was a Tamilian
but somewhere i came across this story that her father had connections with
some Telugu woman and Sridevi thus came into the picture or something like
that..not very clear. At best, she could be "half Tamil half Telugu"

Same here Shridhar.... I was totally confused also, that is why I asked :o)

Balaji A.S. Murthy

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

In article <6euknc$51h$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, shri...@hotmail.com says...

>In article <352de901....@news.clara.net>,
> 11305...@compuserve.com (Mo) wrote:
>>
>> Govinda
>>

>You are wrong there...Govinda is a Sindhi and not punjabi.

I wasn't aware Ahuja is a Sindhi surname too. Govinda's surname is Ahuja. He is
(per Vish Krishnan) the son of Arun Kumar Ahuja (who was a producer/financer)
and singer Nirmala Devi.

Hope this helps.

- Balaji

chandra s potluri

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

jeetendra is a tamilian not a punjabi, as the name suggests it is
jeetendra not jitender

On 20 Mar 1998, Muqudar wrote:

> Shridhar, thanks for the information. Now for some specifics... Can you please

> tell me the background of the following actors and actresses? thanks... as u
> might have found out, I am punjabi :)

> My last name is Singh also like Chandrachur Singh....
>

> Sridevi:
> Madhuri:
> Rekha:
> Hema Malini
> Nargis

> The next three I have an idea on...
> Salman:

> Shah Rukh:
> Aamir:

> P.S. I also know that Arachana Singh (the actress who plays Johnny Lever's
> wife in Judaai) is Punjabi also....

Shilpa

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

chandra s potluri wrote:

> jeetendra is a tamilian not a punjabi, as the name suggests it is
> jeetendra not jitender

You're kidding?!!! I have never heard this before. Are you sure?
I think his original name is something Kapoor, and I am pretty definite
he is not a Tamilian.

Shilpa

Mo

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

mahima

Volker Schuermann

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

In article <6eung8$h...@news.or.intel.com>,
Balaji A.S. Murthy just mentioned:

> I wasn't aware Ahuja is a Sindhi surname too. Govinda's surname
> is Ahuja.

So why is it, that he's called Chichi? He explained, that at home
they used to call him so, cause he's the youngest one in the family
and Chichi (ciiccii) means "little finger" in PUNJABI language?

His own words ...
""ii

--
Volker Schuermann, Senior Scanman at THE BOLLYWOOD MOVIE DATABASE
Either use REPLY or send mail to ( mailto:vol...@unnet.wupper.de )

Trupti R. Shukla

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Mahima is a Gujrati for sure. Her name is Ritu really...
she ain't Punjabi.

Cheers,
Trupti

dm.mirc...@googlemail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 9:10:19 AM7/15/20
Hi Dear,

Are you sure Govinda is Sindhi and not Punjabi..?
as Ahuja is Punjabi surname also and on wikipedia it shows he is from mix Sindhi-Punjabi roots, so is his Father a Sindhi or Mother a Sindhi..?