Query to Baradwaj R

Cricketislife!

Aug 8, 2003, 10:05:05 PM8/8/03
Hi

Any good Tamizh movie of late? I havent seen anything after that 'Nala
Damayanti'. THen I saw that horrible Qayamat. Hungama sounds good,
may be I shall see that but any good Tamizh movie that you recommend.

How is 'Kadal Kondein' which I hear a pschyo (Sigapoo rojakal + guna
mix?) or any other good movie which released post NDamayanti?

Arjun Pandit

Aug 9, 2003, 12:54:46 AM8/9/03
Cricketislife! <cricke...@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<kcl8jvcr9diu7tu44...@4ax.com>...

> Hi
>
> Any good Tamizh movie of late?

I saw one "King" recently. It was okie dokie. Nothing great but I felt
it was better than most Tamil movies I had seen the previous year.
Like Jaal - The Trap/Crap, it had an interesting twist ;-)

Baradwaj Rangan

Aug 9, 2003, 9:34:16 AM8/9/03
arjunpa...@indya.com (Arjun Pandit) wrote in message news:<246f4bf5.03080...@posting.google.com>...

Why is this a query for me? Shouldn't it be for all tamil film
watchers? :-)

I liked Kaaka*2 a lot. After the dreadful Minnale, I never expected
Gautham (the director) to come up with such a good film. It's like
Kurudhippunal in a way, but with songs. Good songs too. The
Surya-Jothika love angle is beautifully handled, and unexpectedly so,
considering this is an action drama. Gautham goes for a few too many
MTV shots, but I enjoyed the film as a whole.

Cricketislife!

Aug 9, 2003, 11:11:00 AM8/9/03
On 9 Aug 2003 06:34:16 -0700, b_ra...@hotmail.com (Baradwaj Rangan)
wrote:

>Why is this a query for me? Shouldn't it be for all tamil film
>watchers? :-)
>
>I liked Kaaka*2 a lot. After the dreadful Minnale, I never expected
>Gautham (the director) to come up with such a good film. It's like
>Kurudhippunal in a way, but with songs. Good songs too. The
>Surya-Jothika love angle is beautifully handled, and unexpectedly so,
>considering this is an action drama. Gautham goes for a few too many
>MTV shots, but I enjoyed the film as a whole.

I just got the feeling that some of the others would have watched any
recent Tamizh movies. I shall try to watch' Kaakha Kaakha' tomorrow.
The songs can be heard at

http://tamilsongs.net/page/build/moviedisplay/Kakka%20Kakka

Arjun Pandit

Sep 1, 2003, 9:50:03 AM9/1/03
b_ra...@hotmail.com (Baradwaj Rangan) wrote in message news:<c04b79a9.03080...@posting.google.com>...

> I liked Kaaka*2 a lot.

Bose.... ;-). I found it an average to above average flick at best.
Absolutely no story and just a cat and mouse game like say Dum. I get
some, you get some.

And BTW those frequent Bose references to one of the henchmen were
amusing. I would assume them to be short forms for Bhos* which you
hear a couple of times in the movie.

> Gautham goes for a few too many MTV shots, but I enjoyed the film as a whole.

I mostly enjoyed the MTV shots as there was nothing else besides that
and a well shot climax.