UNCORKED

Bill Anderson

Aug 18, 2021, 8:59:02 PM8/18/21
It's a Netflix flick and it's set right here in Memphis, so of course I
spent more time trying to figure out exactly where they shot each scene
than I did listening to dialogue. Our hero is in his 20s and hoping to
follow his dreams of becoming a master sommelier. Dad, on the other
hand, expects him to take over the family business. If it sounds like
you've seen it before, well maybe you have, but I'm pretty sure you
haven't seen it quite like this. I found it delightful start to finish
and I recommend it. I don't, however, recommend pairing Memphis barbecue
with wine. You'll just ruin two good things at once. Trust me on this.

--

Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

moviePig

Aug 26, 2021, 3:47:31 PM8/26/21
Given my track record with "black" movies, I was surprised to get into
this one ...especially with how, for the most part, the writing didn't
insult the audience with condescension. (And now I'll have to find out
what else this guy has done...)

moviePig

Aug 26, 2021, 3:51:24 PM8/26/21
Ha, he's a writer from 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' and 'Scrubs'. Shoulda known.

trotsky

Aug 26, 2021, 4:46:21 PM8/26/21
Hopefully you learned something about wine in the process. Instead of
your usual whines.

trotsky

Aug 26, 2021, 4:46:56 PM8/26/21
Put a cork in it.

moviePig

Aug 26, 2021, 6:27:56 PM8/26/21
Well, I learned there are only ~250 Master Sommeliers in the world...

trotsky

Aug 27, 2021, 2:36:18 PM8/27/21
There's a documentary on that subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somm_(film)

hchrish

Dec 4, 2022, 4:44:29 PM12/4/22
Amazing acting and the story is so
relatable. I give it a 10/10 coz the storytelling is different from
the rest of the Netflix films. Also, I would recommend it to any young
person trying to figure out what they were born to do and are feeling
stuck.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=603899534#603899534