DON'T LOOK UP (no spoilers)

moviePig

Jan 23, 2022, 11:27:59 AM1/23/22

With a space rock hurtling towards all life on Earth, political
buffoonery rises to meet it. DON'T LOOK UP (from the writer-director of
ANCHORMAN) features a night sky filled with A-list cameos ...and manages
to be entertaining for most of its 130 minutes, even if its ultimate
impact feels somewhat less than earth-shattering. Recommended.

trotsky

Jan 29, 2022, 7:12:45 AM1/29/22
So you don't know what the theme of the movie was?

moviePig

Jan 29, 2022, 10:58:52 AM1/29/22
What do you think it was?

trotsky

Feb 6, 2022, 3:18:26 PM2/6/22
It's an allegory about climate change.

From google:

Don't Look Up is a satire of real-life environmental concerns such as
climate change. In the script, McKay exaggerates the extent to which
institutions refuse to address science. In real-life politics, it may be
a matter of voting down environmental bills.Jan 8, 2022

'Don't Look Up' Script: Read Adam McKay's Screenplay For ...

https://deadline.com/2022/01/dont-look-up-script-adam-mckay-read-the-screenplay-1234906261/

moviePig

Feb 6, 2022, 4:40:18 PM2/6/22
I shouldn't argue with whatever the screenwriter himself says about it,
but I'd argue that it was a satire on inherent human/societal
intransigence even in the face of "real-life environmental concerns such
as climate change". E.g., if he'd made if about 'climate change'
explicitly, he could as easily have been referring to asteroids.

Arthur Lipscomb

Feb 7, 2022, 2:13:36 PM2/7/22
I saw it as being an allegory about COVID. Later when I heard it was
about climate change my reaction was I guess that fits too.

trotsky

Feb 13, 2022, 5:50:54 PM2/13/22
I see your point, it probably isn't as illustrative as they wanted or
expected it to be.