David Fincher quality pattern

Jon Ridge

Apr 7, 2002, 5:29:49 PM4/7/02
Just something I've noticed, and the director has
always remained faithful to it:

Alien 3 - * * *
Seven - * * * *
The Game - * * *
Fight Club - * * * *
Panic Room - * * *

Pretty good track record, if you ask me. The
man hasn't made a bad movie, yet! So,
according to the above 'quality pattern',
Fincher's next movie will be a great one.
Whatever the hell it ends up being...

Mike and Dorcie

Apr 7, 2002, 5:46:42 PM4/7/02
Jon Ridge wrote:

Except "Alien 3" sucked.

Dorcie

yej

Apr 7, 2002, 6:10:02 PM4/7/02
I think some of us will argue Alien 3 being a "good" movie.

-- John Young
visit The Movie Reviewing Teens --
http://youngmorrell.homestead.com

"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message

SpaceRook

Apr 7, 2002, 5:33:33 PM4/7/02
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:29:49 -0700, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
wrote:

Is he still going to make Rendezvous with Rama w/ Morgan Freeman? I
liked the book and would love to see Fincher's take on it.

spauldingae

Apr 7, 2002, 6:20:52 PM4/7/02

"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message

Alien 3 may have been a good movie, but it's a fricken lousy sequel.

The giant plothole at the beginning is one of the reasons why.

Dawn Taylor

Apr 7, 2002, 6:44:08 PM4/7/02
On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 22:10:02 GMT, "yej" <y...@cox.net> wrote:

>I think some of us will argue Alien 3 being a "good" movie.

Some of us will argue about The Game being a "good" movie, too.

-------------------
It is absurd to divide people into good or bad. People are
either charming or tedious. -Oscar Wilde

robert w hall

Apr 7, 2002, 7:15:53 PM4/7/02

"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just something I've noticed, and the director has
> always remained faithful to it:
>
> Alien 3 - * * *
> Seven - * * * *
> The Game - * * *
> Fight Club - * * * *
> Panic Room - * * *

I would argue Fight Club to be more of a * * * * * movie.

Rob

Jayhawker

Apr 7, 2002, 7:28:43 PM4/7/02

:
: >I think some of us will argue Alien 3 being a "good" movie.
:
: Some of us will argue about The Game being a "good" movie, too.
:

Yeah, I would have gone with four stars myself.

Olompali4

Apr 7, 2002, 7:50:00 PM4/7/02
Alien 3 would have much better if they shaved the dog.

Jeff Coleman

Apr 7, 2002, 8:35:31 PM4/7/02

"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message

I agree, except for the part about Alien 3. I don't blame him, though, it
was just stupid all around. Everything else he's done I've really enjoyed.

Also, what music videos did Fincher direct? I think I've heard he did
Madonna's "Express Yourself" (with its grey, rainy industrial theme) and
"Vogue"...

What others?

Jeff
--
www.progressions.org : Comics : "Urban adventure with a pop twist"
www.isaacpriestley.com : Music : Latest album "Days of Being Dumb"

John Harkness

Apr 7, 2002, 8:21:56 PM4/7/02
On Mon, 08 Apr 2002 00:35:31 GMT, "Jeff Coleman"
<jcol...@NOSPAMhandofgod.com> wrote:

>"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Just something I've noticed, and the director has
>> always remained faithful to it:
>>
>> Alien 3 - * * *
>> Seven - * * * *
>> The Game - * * *
>> Fight Club - * * * *
>> Panic Room - * * *
>>
>> Pretty good track record, if you ask me. The
>> man hasn't made a bad movie, yet! So,
>> according to the above 'quality pattern',
>> Fincher's next movie will be a great one.
>> Whatever the hell it ends up being...
>
>I agree, except for the part about Alien 3. I don't blame him, though, it
>was just stupid all around. Everything else he's done I've really enjoyed.
>
>Also, what music videos did Fincher direct? I think I've heard he did
>Madonna's "Express Yourself" (with its grey, rainy industrial theme) and
>"Vogue"...
>
>What others?

Most of the videos from Paula Abdul's first album -- "It's Just The
Way That You Love Me", "Straight Up", "Cold-Hearted" and "Forever Your
Girl" (He didn't do "Knocked Out" or "Opposites Attract")

John Harkness

yej

Apr 7, 2002, 8:53:21 PM4/7/02
I meant argue AGAINST.

-- John

visit The Movie Reviewing Teens --
http://youngmorrell.homestead.com

"yej" <y...@cox.net> wrote in message

Douglas Bailey

Apr 7, 2002, 9:14:47 PM4/7/02
jcol...@NOSPAMhandofgod.com wrote:

> Also, what music videos did Fincher direct? I think I've heard he did
> Madonna's "Express Yourself" (with its grey, rainy industrial theme) and
> "Vogue"...
>
> What others?

Check out <http://www.davidfincher.net/filmography.html> for a good
list.

doug

--

---------------douglas bailey (trys...@world.std.com)---------------
this week dragged past me so slowly; the days fell on their knees...

Jeff Coleman

Apr 7, 2002, 9:43:57 PM4/7/02

"John Harkness" <j...@attcanada.ca> wrote in message

> Most of the videos from Paula Abdul's first album -- "It's Just The
> Way That You Love Me", "Straight Up", "Cold-Hearted" and "Forever Your
> Girl" (He didn't do "Knocked Out" or "Opposites Attract")

Thanks John--I don't know if I've seen any of those. I probably saw them on
TV, but don't remember them, not being much of a Paula Abdul fan :)

Jeff Coleman

Apr 7, 2002, 9:43:58 PM4/7/02

"Douglas Bailey" <trys...@world.std.com> wrote in message

> jcol...@NOSPAMhandofgod.com wrote:
>
> > Also, what music videos did Fincher direct? I think I've heard he did
> > Madonna's "Express Yourself" (with its grey, rainy industrial theme) and
> > "Vogue"...
> >
> > What others?
>
> Check out <http://www.davidfincher.net/filmography.html> for a good
> list.

Thanks! I notice that he did Billy Idol's "Cradle of Love". That's
probably my favorite music video ever :)

Reagen Sulewski

Apr 7, 2002, 9:45:39 PM4/7/02
"Jeff Coleman" <jcol...@NOSPAMhandofgod.com> wrote in

> "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Just something I've noticed, and the director has
>> always remained faithful to it:
>>
>> Alien 3 - * * *
>> Seven - * * * *
>> The Game - * * *
>> Fight Club - * * * *
>> Panic Room - * * *
>>
>> Pretty good track record, if you ask me. The
>> man hasn't made a bad movie, yet! So,
>> according to the above 'quality pattern',
>> Fincher's next movie will be a great one.
>> Whatever the hell it ends up being...
>
> I agree, except for the part about Alien 3. I don't blame him,
> though, it was just stupid all around. Everything else he's done I've
> really enjoyed.
>
> Also, what music videos did Fincher direct? I think I've heard he did
> Madonna's "Express Yourself" (with its grey, rainy industrial theme)
> and "Vogue"...
>
> What others?

Recently, he did Tool's "Judith".

John Harkness

Apr 7, 2002, 9:25:47 PM4/7/02
On Mon, 08 Apr 2002 01:43:57 GMT, "Jeff Coleman"
<jcol...@NOSPAMhandofgod.com> wrote:

>"John Harkness" <j...@attcanada.ca> wrote in message
>> Most of the videos from Paula Abdul's first album -- "It's Just The
>> Way That You Love Me", "Straight Up", "Cold-Hearted" and "Forever Your
>> Girl" (He didn't do "Knocked Out" or "Opposites Attract")
>
>Thanks John--I don't know if I've seen any of those. I probably saw them on
>TV, but don't remember them, not being much of a Paula Abdul fan :)
>
>Jeff
>--

I was browsing the discount VHS rack at my local and saw them --
flipped the box over and saw that string of "directed by David
Fincher"s and bought for like, six bucks.

John Harkness

Sawfish

Apr 7, 2002, 11:30:04 PM4/7/02
dawn...@pacifier.com (Dawn Taylor) writes:

>On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 22:10:02 GMT, "yej" <y...@cox.net> wrote:

>>I think some of us will argue Alien 3 being a "good" movie.

>Some of us will argue about The Game being a "good" movie, too.

Hear, hear!

--
--Sawfish
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance."

Sawfish

Apr 7, 2002, 11:30:53 PM4/7/02
"Jayhawker" <GO...@Crimson.Blue.Net> writes:

Then you are ridiculously easy to please.

Feckless

Apr 8, 2002, 12:09:09 AM4/8/02

"robert w hall" <robert...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

It starts out great and then gets really stupid (not to give it away). What
a copout, reminds me of a story I wrote in seventh grade. Helena Bonham
Carter was awesome though, every time she comes onscreen it gets exciting
again.

Feckless

Apr 8, 2002, 12:10:24 AM4/8/02

"John Harkness" <j...@attcanada.ca> wrote in message

So maybe Fincher is the Paula Abdul of movies?

HudsonGrl

Apr 8, 2002, 12:15:02 AM4/8/02
>From: Mike and Dorcie miken...@mindspring.com
>Date: 4/7/02 4:46 PM Central Daylight Time
>

>> Alien 3 - * * *
>> Seven - * * * *
>> The Game - * * *
>> Fight Club - * * * *
>> Panic Room - * * *
>>
>> Pretty good track record, if you ask me. The
>> man hasn't made a bad movie, yet!

>Except "Alien 3" sucked.

and Panic Room sucked too...lol.

John Harkness

Apr 7, 2002, 11:35:57 PM4/7/02
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:10:24 -0500, "Feckless" <so...@nospam.com>
wrote:

Naah, he's taller.

John Harkness

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 8, 2002, 12:45:07 AM4/8/02
<< >I think some of us will argue Alien 3 being a "good" movie.

Some of us will argue about The Game being a "good" movie, too. >>

I'd argue about Alien 3 being 'competent' much less 'good'

And the same for The Game. Bleah.

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 8, 2002, 12:46:59 AM4/8/02
<< > Most of the videos from Paula Abdul's first album -- "It's Just The
> Way That You Love Me", "Straight Up", "Cold-Hearted" and "Forever Your
> Girl" (He didn't do "Knocked Out" or "Opposites Attract") >>

Wow, so there's Fincher material I actually enjoyed - although the best ones
aren't his.

deering

Apr 8, 2002, 12:54:40 AM4/8/02

Feckless wrote:

> So maybe Fincher is the Paula Abdul of movies?

More like the Alan Parker . . .

C.
**
(Lessee, movies with interesting premises and strong casts--check.
Said movies made to concentrate on ominous visuals and shades of
blue and gray even God never intended--check. Editing and tortuous
camera movements onto near hysteria--check. Movies that are way less
than the sum of their parts and wind up saying nothing nearly as
strong as the premise would lead you to expect--yep. All present and
accounted for--g!)

Jon Ridge

Apr 8, 2002, 1:19:16 AM4/8/02
Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
May have not been on the level
of, say, the first two Alien films --
although it was waaaaay better
than the last one they made --
but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
visual style even back then.

anyway..
"SpaceRook" <Drumm...@aol.com> wrote in message

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 8, 2002, 1:51:38 AM4/8/02
<< Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
May have not been on the level
of, say, the first two Alien films -- >>

It's not even on the level of Plan Nine from Outer Space, which is at least
enjoyable, if only for all the wrong reasons.

Robert Matthews

Apr 8, 2002, 3:46:58 PM4/8/02
In article <ej16#yr3BHA.2080@cpimsnntpa03>, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
wrote:

> Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
> May have not been on the level
> of, say, the first two Alien films --
> although it was waaaaay better
> than the last one they made --
> but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
> visual style even back then.

He did indeed. That sequence with the alien cozying up to Ripley and they
*not* eating her still gives me the shivers, no matter how many times I see it.
I'll never understand why so many people hate "Alien 3." So the movie falls
apart in the last half hour. It honestly looks as if the studio re-edited the
thing; I'd love to see a director's cut so we could figure out exactly what he
had in mind. The last five minutes are perfect, very Fincher.

I'll also never understand why so many people hate the fourth installment.
It's very Jeunet--his trademark dark-gold colour scheme, his bitter sense of
humour. (It's actually better than "Alien 3", in my opinion, though I may well
be alone in that.)

Robert "very" Matthews

Kevin FilmNutBoy

Apr 8, 2002, 7:13:22 PM4/8/02
"Jon Ridge" shiz...@msn.com wrote:

>Just something I've noticed, and the director has
>always remained faithful to it:
>
>Alien 3 - * * *
>Seven - * * * *
>The Game - * * *
>Fight Club - * * * *
>Panic Room - * * *
>
>Pretty good track record, if you ask me.

Those ratings are based on a 10 star scale, right?

--Kevin

***
"This is between me and the vegetable."

JRyanH182

Apr 8, 2002, 9:36:12 PM4/8/02
>Just something I've noticed, and the director has
>always remained faithful to it:
>
>Alien 3 - * * *

David Fincher really is a great director IMO. But I have to agree on Ebert's
take on Alien 3 when he said it was one of the best looking "bad" movies ever
made. The sets, photography, acting are all pretty good. But it just feels
tired and the whole film made me feel depressed. Although I'm sure thats the
mood Fincher was looking for. I just wished the Alien series would have maybe
taken a different route story-wise after "Aliens".

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 8, 2002, 9:42:59 PM4/8/02
<< But I have to agree on Ebert's
take on Alien 3 when he said it was one of the best looking "bad" movies ever
made. The sets, photography, acting are all pretty good >>

See, I don't even like the look of it. Let's shave everybody's heads and film
them in sepia so we can't tell anybody apart or what's happening. Great.

<< I just wished the Alien series would have maybe
taken a different route story-wise after "Aliens". >>

Alien 4 should have just disavowed 3 as a bad dream.

spauldingae

Apr 9, 2002, 3:59:05 AM4/9/02

"Robert Matthews" <pyr...@nospam.mac.deleteme.com> wrote in message

> In article <ej16#yr3BHA.2080@cpimsnntpa03>, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
> > May have not been on the level
> > of, say, the first two Alien films --
> > although it was waaaaay better
> > than the last one they made --
> > but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
> > visual style even back then.
>
> He did indeed. That sequence with the alien cozying up to Ripley and
they
> *not* eating her still gives me the shivers, no matter how many times I
see it.
> I'll never understand why so many people hate "Alien 3."

My Reason- The entire film is based on a Huge plothole in the very
beginning.

That and those two were NOT the last aliens in any sense of the word.
There's still an entire ship full of eggs back there on the planet "ALIENS"
took place on.

Alien 3 did not need to be made the way it was. The fact they went through 9
script writers and, IIRC, 13 scripts says a lot.

So the movie falls
> apart in the last half hour. It honestly looks as if the studio re-edited
the
> thing; I'd love to see a director's cut so we could figure out exactly
what he
> had in mind. The last five minutes are perfect, very Fincher.
>
> I'll also never understand why so many people hate the fourth
installment.

The following reasons I can gather.

-Based off a bad premise like Alien 3, that the last alien died with her, so
they need to clone her to get one.
-Ripley playing basketball.
-The newborn.

> It's very Jeunet--his trademark dark-gold colour scheme, his bitter sense
of
> humour. (It's actually better than "Alien 3", in my opinion, though I may
well
> be alone in that.)

Actually, I thought it was better as well. But still comes nowhere close to
the first 2.

> Robert "very" Matthews

spauldingae

Apr 9, 2002, 4:00:30 AM4/9/02

"ANIM8Rfsk" <anim...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

And then went back to the ship on LV-426 to get those eggs.

John Harkness

Apr 9, 2002, 3:56:03 AM4/9/02
On Tue, 09 Apr 2002 07:59:05 GMT, "spauldingae" <spaul...@home.com>
wrote:

>"Robert Matthews" <pyr...@nospam.mac.deleteme.com> wrote in message
>> In article <ej16#yr3BHA.2080@cpimsnntpa03>, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
>> > May have not been on the level
>> > of, say, the first two Alien films --
>> > although it was waaaaay better
>> > than the last one they made --
>> > but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
>> > visual style even back then.
>>
>> He did indeed. That sequence with the alien cozying up to Ripley and
>they
>> *not* eating her still gives me the shivers, no matter how many times I
>see it.
>> I'll never understand why so many people hate "Alien 3."
>
>My Reason- The entire film is based on a Huge plothole in the very
>beginning.
>
>That and those two were NOT the last aliens in any sense of the word.
>There's still an entire ship full of eggs back there on the planet "ALIENS"
>took place on.

Oh really? The planet in Aliens that suffered a huge nuclear explosion
at the end of the film? THAT planet?

John Harkness

spauldingae

Apr 9, 2002, 4:12:06 AM4/9/02

"JRyanH182" <jrya...@aol.com> wrote in message

The problem was, they tried to recreate "Alien" since it was gonna be pretty
hard to top "Aliens". So they kill all the survivors(except Ripley, of
course) using a fairly implausible method(but I digress.....) and strand her
on a planet with no way off and no weapons.

As for an alternative Alien 3 storyline.......

Interestingly, somebody did a comic book/graphic novel series (which is
about $50 from www.darkhorse.com) that took place 10 years after Aliens
using some of the same characters. Very dark atmosphere. Hicks is totally
screwed up, Newt is a teenager in a mental institution( totally screwed up
as well), Ripley is missing (you find out why later). Eventually, the
company captures a queen and begins studying it on earth. It gets loose and
you can imagine the fun that follows.

For the most part, it was a hell of a lot better then Alien 3(the 3rd part
got a bit outlandish, though). Though I can imagine most of the audience
isn't gonna enjoy seeing a movie where Earth gets totally overrun at the
end. I sure would through.

Cardinal Chunder

Apr 9, 2002, 9:31:15 AM4/9/02
Robert Matthews wrote:
> I'll also never understand why so many people hate the fourth installment.
> It's very Jeunet--his trademark dark-gold colour scheme, his bitter sense of
> humour. (It's actually better than "Alien 3", in my opinion, though I may well
> be alone in that.)

I hated Alien 4 because it just didn't make any sense, starting with the
initial premise or that silly rubber hybrid alien at the end. In general
the effects looked cheap and nasty. The underwater sequence was good though.

Mason Barge

Apr 9, 2002, 12:45:52 PM4/9/02
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:19:16 -0700, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
wrote:

>Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.

>May have not been on the level
>of, say, the first two Alien films --
>although it was waaaaay better
>than the last one they made --
>but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
>visual style even back then.
>
>anyway..

Nah, I agree with ya. Alien 3 really had some great aspects, although
*** out of four is quite good in my book. As I read the original
post, he thought all of the films were good, but two were great, and I
would pretty much agree with that, too.

Alien 4 was a huge disappointment. Jeunot, like Fincher, is a genius
with a lot of vision.

--
Mason Barge

"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Mason Barge

Apr 9, 2002, 12:47:35 PM4/9/02
wrote:

>"Robert Matthews" <pyr...@nospam.mac.deleteme.com> wrote in message
>> In article <ej16#yr3BHA.2080@cpimsnntpa03>, "Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Guess I'm alone in liking Alien 3.
>> > May have not been on the level
>> > of, say, the first two Alien films --
>> > although it was waaaaay better
>> > than the last one they made --
>> > but D.Fincher had an atmospheric
>> > visual style even back then.
>>
>> He did indeed. That sequence with the alien cozying up to Ripley and
>they
>> *not* eating her still gives me the shivers, no matter how many times I
>see it.
>> I'll never understand why so many people hate "Alien 3."
>
>My Reason- The entire film is based on a Huge plothole in the very
>beginning.

Well, that explains it. I think all of them are completely idiotic.
Well, maybe not "Alien" which is merely preposterous.

<------ can suspend disbelief like a champ

Mason Barge

Apr 9, 2002, 12:49:37 PM4/9/02
On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 23:15:53 GMT, "robert w hall"
<robert...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"Jon Ridge" <shiz...@msn.com> wrote in message

>> Just something I've noticed, and the director has
>> always remained faithful to it:
>>
>> Alien 3 - * * *

>> Seven - * * * *
>> The Game - * * *
>> Fight Club - * * * *
>> Panic Room - * * *
>>

>I would argue Fight Club to be more of a * * * * * movie.

No way! At LEAST a ****** 1/2.

And my amplifier goes up to 11, so there.

Dalton

Apr 9, 2002, 2:29:29 PM4/9/02
wrote:

>Just something I've noticed, and the director has

>always remained faithful to it:
>
>Alien 3 - * * *
>Seven - * * * *
>The Game - * * *
>Fight Club - * * * *
>Panic Room - * * *
>

>Pretty good track record, if you ask me. The
>man hasn't made a bad movie, yet! So,
>according to the above 'quality pattern',
>Fincher's next movie will be a great one.
>Whatever the hell it ends up being...

For the hell of it-

Alien 3 - * (ridiculous and insulting)
Seven - * * (overkill, and Pitts performance was awful. How did that
idiot become a detective? It is effective as a horror film though.)
The Game - * (silly and it made no sense. very high bullshit factor)
Fight Club - * * * (Finally the material and director found a clever
and interesting common ground, it was still a bit heavy handed though)

I get the feeling Fincher thinks he is making very important films
that simply are not.

Dalton...@hotmail.com

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 9, 2002, 2:36:08 PM4/9/02
<< Dalton Dalton...@hotmail.com >>

<< For the hell of it-

Alien 3 - * (ridiculous and insulting) >>

Boy, you liked it a LOT more than I did

<< The Game - * (silly and it made no sense. very high bullshit factor) >>

Same comment.

spauldingae

Apr 9, 2002, 3:18:29 PM4/9/02

"John Harkness" <j...@attcanada.ca> wrote in message

Yeah. An 40 megaton explosion, with a blast range of 30 kilometers.

Somehow, I don't think the ship is withen 30 kilometers, or else they would
have found it long before Burke sent them out there.

The area was described as "the middle of nowhere" and by ground it took a
week to get there (Special Edition).

> John Harkness

Kevin FilmNutBoy

Apr 9, 2002, 5:39:40 PM4/9/02
Dalton Dalton...@hotmail.com wrote:

>For the hell of it-
>
>Alien 3 - * (ridiculous and insulting)
>Seven - * * (overkill, and Pitts performance was awful. How did that
>idiot become a detective? It is effective as a horror film though.)
>The Game - * (silly and it made no sense. very high bullshit factor)
>Fight Club - * * * (Finally the material and director found a clever
>and interesting common ground, it was still a bit heavy handed though)
>
>I get the feeling Fincher thinks he is making very important films
>that simply are not.

Fincher is okay. He's the John Frankenheimer of his generation, with better
PR. Or maybe the William Friedkin.

John Harkness

Apr 9, 2002, 5:54:52 PM4/9/02
On 09 Apr 2002 21:39:40 GMT, filmn...@aol.commode (Kevin FilmNutBoy)
wrote:

>Fincher is okay. He's the John Frankenheimer of his generation, with better
>PR. Or maybe the William Friedkin.
>
>--Kevin

Well, he's an obsessive visual perfectionist, which means he's nothing
like William Friedkin. I interviewed William L. Petersen a few years
ago, and asked him to compare the experience of working with Michael
Mann and William Friedkin. Petersen told a long story about Michael
Mann's obsessiveness, and contrasted it with Friedkin's style of
working - "The camera's going to start here and move over here. If you
stay in the shot, you're in the movie. If you don't, you're not."

John Harkness

Douglas Bailey

Apr 9, 2002, 10:59:06 PM4/9/02
j...@attcanada.ca wrote:

> I interviewed William L. Petersen a few years
> ago, and asked him to compare the experience of working with Michael
> Mann and William Friedkin. Petersen told a long story about Michael
> Mann's obsessiveness, and contrasted it with Friedkin's style of
> working - "The camera's going to start here and move over here. If you
> stay in the shot, you're in the movie. If you don't, you're not."

There's one for my film-quote file.

ta,

doug