All of Us Strangers (UK) 2023

william ahearn

Feb 16, 2024, 8:04:24 PMFeb 16
Hey,

What's remarkable about this film is not only what's in it, but – just as importantly – what isn't. What isn't in it is the usual genre drippings that gives everything away.

A gay TV scriptwriter lives alone in an apartment in a building with few tenants although one tenant – a young gay man – appears at his door suggesting that they get together. The writer turns him down and after awhile, the writer goes to visit his deceased parent's house and sees his parents inside. This is where the film gets good.

What I liked about this film is that it isn't what you're thinking it is. It keeps evolving. I'd love to spill the beans, but where's the fun in that.

Written and directed by Andrew Haigh based on the novel Strangers. Starring Andrew Scott, Paul Mescal, Jamie Bell and Claire Foy.

Bill Anderson

Feb 17, 2024, 2:46:33 PMFeb 17
OK, I’m sold. Should we go to the theater for this one? Is it that good?
Can I wait for Netflix?

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

william ahearn

Feb 17, 2024, 3:16:47 PMFeb 17
On Saturday, February 17, 2024 at 2:46:33 PM UTC-5, Bill Anderson wrote:
> william ahearn <wlah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I’m sold. Should we go to the theater for this one? Is it that good?
> Can I wait for Netflix?

See it under the best circumstances that you can.

moviePig

Feb 17, 2024, 3:59:08 PMFeb 17
Apropos of nothing, Andrew Scott recently went viral with this bravura:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZVR4Ry3jQ