No Time To Die

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Oct 31, 2021, 2:13:20 AM10/31/21
Just saw "No Time To Die". I had managed to avoid all spoilers
in the iterim, so I had no idea where it was going untill it went
there. Wow. I think they will have to drop all the supporting
cast for the hard reboot or it won't work.

It wasn't a perfect movie. First let me say the obvious: It went on
at least half an hour too long. Also there were a few rough patches
like Bond being out of character during the interrogation of Blofeld
(though you could say he was taking the persona he thought he should
it didn't totally work), dragging in a horror trope unexpectedly,
and the big bad being a bit wooden. Was it a good movie though?
Yes it was, and a fitting send-off for Craig. People will argue
forever about who was the best Bond, but it's hard to imagine
Craig won't be in one position or another in the top two.

Also, normally if someone asks the question: "What was it about?",you
would say, "Well, some madman has a continent-spanning plot to take over
the world and Bond has to...". This time, if someone asks, "What was
it about?", you say: "It was about James Bond".
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

trotsky

Oct 31, 2021, 7:02:52 AM10/31/21
Would it have been more interesting if he had found time to die?

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Oct 31, 2021, 2:15:55 PM10/31/21
Have you seen it?

For all of us, in the end, the time finds you.

JG Rove

Nov 6, 2021, 2:25:56 PM11/6/21
My movie viewing is down to DVD of Dr. No with Connery. Scraping the Hollywood barrel for quality.