I take it G.I. Joe must be in the public domain now?

RichA

Oct 11, 2021, 11:57:35 PM10/11/21
How else to explain stuff like this?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8404256/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Your Name

Oct 12, 2021, 12:08:15 AM10/12/21
On 2021-10-12 03:57:33 +0000, RichA said:

> How else to explain stuff like this?
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8404256/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Nope. That's a Paramount movie, which is an officially licensed project
from the GI Joe owners (Hasbro). The fact that it's garbage is simply
due to the fact that it's a movie based on a toy ... they're all
garbage, partly because they have to make up so much ill-fitting
rubbish of their own to stretch the idea out to a 'feature length'
story.

dbro

Nov 3, 2021, 1:40:45 AM11/3/21
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in news:sk31nc$fho$1
@gioia.aioe.org:
Don't be dumb. The original GI Joe comics written by Larry Hama were
excellent, and still hold up today. (Then again a lot still holds up
against today's woke garbage.) There is a great deal of source material
from the comics that could not only make movies, but a live action TV
series as well. The kids cartoon you''re thinking of was a watered down
version of the comics, which were mature and sometimes pretty dark.

The real reason is because hollywood flicks of today are made by Jewish
cultural marxists and the woke useful idiots that drink their kool aid.
That and the fact that they are all children in grown adult bodies.