Don't Look Up (US) 2021

william ahearn

Dec 27, 2021, 1:45:00 PM12/27/21
Hey,

A satire in the spirit of Wag The Dog that pokes a jaundiced eye on the way to being topical. The science says the world is going to end. Don't be so sure says social media and the political polls. An amusing look at how much of current culture -- and the mindless great unwashed -- is a total waste of time. Good cast having a good time. It's worth the time, if you have any left.

Lynn McGuire

Dec 27, 2021, 4:53:31 PM12/27/21
On 12/27/2021 12:44 PM, william ahearn wrote:
> Hey,
>
> A satire in the spirit of Wag The Dog that pokes a jaundiced eye on the way to being topical. The science says the world is going to end. Don't be so sure says social media and the political polls. An amusing look at how much of current culture -- and the mindless great unwashed -- is a total waste of time. Good cast having a good time. It's worth the time, if you have any left.

I thought it was ok until the ending. Who in their right mind is going
to venture out of the space ship naked and unarmed on a new world ?

Lynn

william ahearn

Dec 27, 2021, 5:01:20 PM12/27/21
It is satire. A realistic view is a tad out of place.

moviePig

Jan 23, 2022, 2:26:18 PM1/23/22
Also raises the question of whether a post-credits scene can rightfully
be called 'the ending'.

william ahearn

Jan 23, 2022, 7:24:52 PM1/23/22
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 2:26:18 PM UTC-5, pwal...@moviepig.com wrote:

> Also raises the question of whether a post-credits scene can rightfully
> be called 'the ending'.

Why?

moviePig

Jan 23, 2022, 11:01:13 PM1/23/22
Well, mainly because I felt the real ending was just a fade-to-black.

RichA

Jan 24, 2022, 1:02:12 AM1/24/22
On Monday, 27 December 2021 at 13:45:00 UTC-5, wlah...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> A satire in the spirit of Wag The Dog that pokes a jaundiced eye on the way to being topical. The science says the world is going to end. Don't be so sure says social media and the political polls. An amusing look at how much of current culture -- and the mindless great unwashed -- is a total waste of time. Good cast having a good time. It's worth the time, if you have any left.

Smug elitist DiCaprio, the enviro-SAVER of the world, telling everyone how stupid they are, to not feel guilty about their carbon footprints while his is 10ft wide.