Lone Survivor -------> Asian War Hero was Deleted it and Whitewashed????

Red Cloud

Jan 20, 2014, 2:56:28 PM1/20/14

One of the Seal Team died in the battle in Afghan war was Korean-born immigrant named James Suh. Where was his acting in the film?

MANAA (Media Action Network for Asian-American) needs to look at this film,
another blockbuster Hollyweird racism film against Asian male. I'm going to contact MANAA...

I did not see this film so I can't make a comment on the degree of the involved racism.

Here is a critic who saw this film:

"...what was the big focus on the ASIAN WIFE? Her picture was plastered all over the movie in the beginning and at the end with the wedding clips. It's not like she was the ONLY wife of all these soldiers. There were TONS of other wives who lost their husbands too but the only one with an ASIAN wife got all the coverage and spotlight as if this was just another MASS MEDIA propaganda to try and say something?

They could have just said it was "a wife" without ever showing her face being ASIAN like they didn't even mention or show the other wives.

What about that Korean american soldier who was the first guy in the pictures at the end of the movie, James Suh. Where was he in the hollywood movie???? OH YEA I FORGOT, Hollywood can't show asian males in "good guy roles" because their agenda has always been to belittle the asian male as much as possible...they shall never dare show an asian male being an american war hero that the entire nation can admire and admonish. Oh, but they have no problem making an ASIAN WIFE the trophy of american soldiers and showcase that so favorably.

Aside from the typical racial stereotypes that keep pervading hollywood media and movies.....The action and scenes were very realistic and graphic and I am always proud of and honored by the REAL and TRUE american heroes and soldiers who fight for freedom (no matter if the higher ups are getting orders from more higher ups who have an evil agenda). You can't discredit the grassroots down to earth men and women of the us army, navy seals, and marines who do this for us and the rest of the "free" world.

I just wish they'd stop putting the asian man down, showcase asian girls as trophy wives...."

Russell Watson

Jan 20, 2014, 8:20:26 PM1/20/14
He is shown in the closing credits, however he was not one of the 4-man
team the story concentrates on. I won't get into the manner of his death
as it's a pretty big spoiler, but he is acknowledged for his actual role.

RichA

Jan 20, 2014, 5:10:17 PM1/20/14
I'll change the title of it to Asian for you: "Rone Sulvivol"

Better?

twmc...@gmail.com

May 4, 2016, 1:36:59 AM5/4/16
Dick

deanna...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2018, 10:22:21 PM7/6/18
It is disappointing that he isn’t included.

bermuda999

Jul 6, 2018, 11:59:18 PM7/6/18
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 10:22:21 PM UTC-4, deanna...@gmail.com wrote:
> It is disappointing that he isn’t included.

Great Caesar's Ghost. As Russell Watson alluded to above (4 years ago in response to a ridiculous article), he was not among the 4 soldiers on the ground who were the core of movie's story. Suh was one of 16 troops killed on that Chinook helicopter when it was shot down trying to reinforce the greatly outnumbered four-man SEAL squad on the ground. He was honored at the end of the movie and Suh was played in the movie by actor Rich Ting, an American of Japanese and Chinese descent who has strong ties to the Korean film and television industry. So Suh was included and portrayed in the movie and he was included in the 4-minute montage of those who lost their lives during the mission. Take a deep breath.