Reminiscence

trotsky

Aug 21, 2021, 2:38:30 AM8/21/21
I looked forward to seeing this movie just because of the adverts, as
the Brits might say. Don't believe the hype, as Public Enemy used to
sing. What started off as an interesting, albeit derivative, premise
slowly devolved into a potboiler that I couldn't wait to be over. The
problems are too numerous to mention, but not the least of which is a
"hero" that spends far much time being an asshole. If the characters
are unappealing you have to make damn sure something in the movie is,
and that sure as hell wasn't happening. I don't know how such movies
get made. The script would have needed multiple revisions for this to
be appealing, and clearly that never happened. Some might like this
simply for Hugh Jackman's performance, that wasn't nearly enough for me.

moviePig

Aug 21, 2021, 12:34:33 PM8/21/21
I can't help wondering: Would *I* release a really good movie right now?

Neill Massello

Aug 21, 2021, 6:03:45 PM8/21/21
On 2021-08-21 at 00:38:26 MDT, "trotsky" <gms...@email.com> wrote:

> The
> problems are too numerous to mention, but not the least of which is a
> "hero" that spends far much time being an asshole.

All across Usenet, the irony meters are pegging.

alvey

Aug 21, 2021, 6:18:20 PM8/21/21
Which interpretation of "pegging" are you using here Neil?

alvey

Your Name

Aug 21, 2021, 11:18:40 PM8/21/21
Unfortunately (luckily?) this isn't one. It's just another in the
latest clone-fad of "VR dream" movies, and not a very good one either
from the trailer. :-\

trotsky

Aug 23, 2021, 2:23:25 PM8/23/21
Black Widow was reviewed well.

moviePig

Aug 23, 2021, 2:35:50 PM8/23/21
I meant "release in theaters", which BW famously only partially was.
Assuming a standard theatrical release to be how studios realize top
return on their investment, it seems to me that an auspciously
hot-seeming property in the can is likely to wait there a while longer.

Your Name

Aug 23, 2021, 5:50:08 PM8/23/21
"Reminiscence" obviously it is not a 'good movie' since it was beaten
at this week's box office by the Paw Patrol movie. (Both were beaten by
"Free Guy".)

trotsky

Aug 24, 2021, 7:08:14 AM8/24/21
Which anonyshit are you again?

trotsky

Aug 24, 2021, 7:09:06 AM8/24/21
As if on cue, another anonyshit who can't even spell the first
anonyshit's name!

trotsky

Aug 24, 2021, 7:09:52 AM8/24/21
You reviewed from the trailer? The words "you're a fucking moron" come
to mind.