THE POWER OF THE DOG (no spoilers)

moviePig

Dec 24, 2021, 11:37:05 PM12/24/21

In 1925 Montana, dark family drama is afoot at the Burbank ranch when
the eldest son takes a wife with a grown son of her own. Director Jane
Campion's exquisite craftsmanship gives THE POWER OF THE DOG (shot in
New Zealand) a look and style that nearly overpowers its sinister plot.
Well recommended.

william ahearn

Dec 25, 2021, 12:22:48 AM12/25/21
Huh? What "sinister plot"?

moviePig

Dec 25, 2021, 9:19:57 AM12/25/21
It's the phrase I chose to dissuade expectations of, say, SHANE.

william ahearn

Dec 25, 2021, 6:42:07 PM12/25/21
That was my big expectation. Little kid running around screaming a name. Annoying little shit.

trotsky

Jan 5, 2022, 6:31:16 AMJan 5
Yes, Orson Welles lamenting for "Rosebud" was even worse, right?