ANATOMY OF A FALL

Bill Anderson

Feb 21, 2024, 11:56:48 AMFeb 21
It is an endless, interminable, monotonous, examination of how a man came
to be dead. Eventually, with plot threads dangling in abundance, the movie
ended and I found that to be a good thing. I will concede that the lead
actress, Sandra Huller, did a magnificent job and will probably win an
Oscar for her performance.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

moviePig

Feb 21, 2024, 12:47:37 PMFeb 21
On 2/21/2024 11:56 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> It is an endless, interminable, monotonous, examination of how a man came
> to be dead. Eventually, with plot threads dangling in abundance, the movie
> ended and I found that to be a good thing. I will concede that the lead
> actress, Sandra Huller, did a magnificent job and will probably win an
> Oscar for her performance.

I'm afraid you've put this on my watch-list. Says it's a true story, so
maybe newspapers, etc. can cauterize its dangling plot threads...

william ahearn

Feb 21, 2024, 9:01:29 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 11:56:48 AM UTC-5, Bill Anderson wrote:
> It is an endless, interminable, monotonous, examination of how a man came
> to be dead. Eventually, with plot threads dangling in abundance, the movie
> ended and I found that to be a good thing. I will concede that the lead
> actress, Sandra Huller, did a magnificent job and will probably win an
> Oscar for her performance.

I liked it and its veracity is bolstered by true-crime stories.

Bill Anderson

Feb 22, 2024, 1:18:43 AMFeb 22
I stand by my critique of the dreadful pace. And the more I think about it
the more I dislike the deus ex machina resolution, if there really was a
resolution. I am just glad there was no crazy plot twist at the end. For
all its glaciality, the story did remain true to itself.