Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 7:34:03 AM4/4/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
922. Probable.--Let us see if we seek God sincerely, by comparison of the
things which we love. It is probable that this food will not poison me. It

923. It is not absolution only which remits sins by the sacrament of
penance, but contrition, which is not real if it does not seek the
sacrament.

924. People who do not keep their word, without faith, without honour,
without truth, deceitful in heart, deceitful in speech; for which that
amphibious animal in fable was once reproached, which held itself in a
doubtful position between the fish and the birds...

It is important to kings and princes to be considered pious; therefore they
must confess themselves to you.

THE END

[1]"Abstain and uphold." Stoic maxim.

2Petronius, 90. "You have spoken more as a poet than as a man."

[3]"Nothing in excess."

[4]Horace, Epistle to the pisos, 447. "They curtailed pretentious
ornaments."

5Title given by Pico della Mirandola to one of his proposed nine hundred
theses, in 1486.

[6]Tacitus, Annals, iv. "Kindnesses are agreeable so long as one thinks them
possible to render; further, recognition makes way for hatred."

7St. Augustine, City of God, xxi. 10.