Albion Grenadiers

jacalyn organisciak

Mar 21, 2001, 4:57:09 PM3/21/01
Does anyone know where i can get a hold of or talk to some people in the
past "albion grenadiers", wouldnt it be cool if they competed in DCA ?

Tom & Karen Peashey

Mar 21, 2001, 5:51:28 PM3/21/01
there are still a few old Albion Grenadiers around... and Ray Shahin is
still here and very active. He can often be found around Empire Statesmen.
Someone just sent me a tape of my Fulton Gauchos competing in Albion in the
early sixties... really neat...

Tom Peashey

"jacalyn organisciak" <jorg...@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

Empire Statesmen

Mar 22, 2001, 9:21:42 AM3/22/01
Well the Albion Grenadiers folded after the 1969 season and the former
members like myself are pretty old! I still get emails and occasionally run
into some of them. In fact, last summer, Duane Good, former lead soprano
with them and now with an alumni corps looked me up just before we (Empire)
went on the starting line at the Scranton show. Bob Albanese, is still
kicking around, I saw him last week. Anyway, the Albion Grenadiers were a
great little corps and we had a kick ass good time with them. Many of us
started our Drum Corps careers with them.

Not likely that anyone would restart that group though.

Any more of you out there? Speak up!

Les Johnston
Albion Grenadiers 1966- 1969
Rochester Crusaders 1971 - 1979
Empire Statesmen 1997 - ??

FCiszek

Mar 24, 2001, 6:53:26 AM3/24/01
There are quite a few of us still kicking around the country. I'm in Georgia
and still stay in touch with some of the old Grenadiers that live in Texas,
Connecticut, Virginia, New Jersey and obviously Western NY. Most of us are out
of Drum Corps but still get to shows as often as we can. Once you have it in
your blood, it's there forever.

I played in the corps from 1960-1967 (French Horn - before the days of
mellophones) and fond memories of that time.

I got you newsgroup posting from an old Grenadier buddy and you have stirred up
a lot of fond memories that may lead to some sort of "get together" - - -
sometime assuming there is enough interest and we can track down enough people.

My Dad was the business manager of the Grenadiers for the last 6-7 years before
they broke up so I got to live it 24hrs a day. He loved it as much as the
people doing the marching.

Anyway, that's it from here.

Frank Ciszek

jmgaz...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2015, 6:15:08 PM9/5/15
On Wednesday, March 21, 2001 at 4:57:09 PM UTC-5, jacalyn organisciak wrote:
> Does anyone know where i can get a hold of or talk to some people in the
> past "albion grenadiers", wouldnt it be cool if they competed in DCA ?

Hi All Albion Grenadiers Lots of guys around several playing for St Joe's just meet with Ed Restivo, Tommy Fintack, and several other's at concert. Heading to DCA Alumni show tomorrow here in Rochester NY.

Jim Gaze

James Gaze

Sep 5, 2022, 9:27:34 AM9/5/22

James Gaze

Sep 5, 2022, 9:43:19 AM9/5/22
On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 6:15:08 PM UTC-4, jmgaz...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello all Former Albion Grenadiers!! Wow just did the Alumni Show with St Joe's lots of fun I think we wowed them except Hawthorne was outstanding and closed the show!!