What gag gifts do you give out at your band banquet?

Trmptgrl16

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
I was just wondering what kind of gag gifts you give out at your band banquets.
This is the first year we've had a banquet and we're looking for some ideas.
If you could lend us a hand it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Erica
Owen J Roberts
Trumpet SL
c/o 99

SAILOR600

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
The only people we have give out gifts are our band director and the seniors
give out their senior awards. For senior awards we usualy give funny/stupid
stuff. Every now and then someone will give like a best friend award or an
award to their parents. Our trombone section passes down a spicket every year.

Cody

SausageKT

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
The dollar store is one of the best places to shop for gag gifts

Anthony Kootsouradis

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

We had a whole bunch of things! Handcuffs for the best couple.
Chap-Stick for the butt kissers. Different awards for each section were
fun, too.
In H.S. I got band-aids for being named "band klutz" my sophomore year.
I was captain my senior year so "nyay!" :)

Shannon E.B. Kootsouradis
Theodore Roosevelt H.S. Riderette '90-'93
Mount Union College Color Guard '93-'97
Kappa Kappa Psi-Iota Lambda

MartaV5

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
>I was just wondering what kind of gag gifts you give out at your band
>banquets

The seniors are responsible for the "gag gifts", such as - best marchers in
each class (boy and girl) they get an old marching band shoe painted gold; most
spirited in each class (boy and girl); most likely to become a band director;
biggest "brown noser"; cutest couple; biggest flirt; best musician in each
section; best flag,rifle, weapon; seniorgirls and guys hand down a spirit flag
to the juniors (this tradition has been around for over 30 years.

Good Luck,
Marthann Richwine
Northmont Color Guard Advisor

Azhben

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
the only presents that anyone gets at my school are the gifts the sections give
to their seniors. some sections, however, have traditions. Ex. the low-brass
section always gives their seniors large beer mugs filled with condoms and
candy.

SCVJen98

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
The Box of Eternal Stench
<Br><br>Jenny

Baby...@aol.com

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
In article <19981123161856...@ng111.aol.com>,

trmpt...@aol.com (Trmptgrl16) wrote:
> I was just wondering what kind of gag gifts you give out at your band
banquets.
> This is the first year we've had a banquet and we're looking for some ideas.
> If you could lend us a hand it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Erica
> Owen J Roberts
> Trumpet SL
> c/o 99

At last year's banquet, someone gave out the "crybaby" award... but I wouldn't
recommend this because it hurt the reciever's feelings...

--
Ashley ~ flute/piccolo @ AHS band.
ICQ=11141060 AIM=cLuEmEiN00

ShawnFen

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
You give a gag gift based on the most memorable funny experiences in the past
year. One year we dog piled a kid and he couldnt get off the ground for a
while (not funny but...) so we gave him a spatula to scrape himself off with.
Other gifts that I dont remember the signifigance of include all sorts of hats,
a towel, some boxers, ect.
Shawn

BassClef69

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
Hey,

I still have my Beer Mug with Candy and Condoms! Sadly enough, that really
touched me!

SKIERS

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
Most active couple, most interesting bodily function, funniest person, most likely
to forget their instrument, person who dropped their pants on the band field
<innocent whistles> Let everyone be creative and come up with other categories.

Eric
Principal Alto Sax
Lead Alto -- Commander's Jazz Ensemble
WHS "Blue" Band
Williamsport, MD

story_girl

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98

The officers give out gag awards at the banquet. It varies each year, depending on
whatever inside jokes are big that year, but every year there is a Ken and Barbie
award: the "cutest" couple, in the officers' opinion, receive a Ken doll and a
Barbie doll. It's always amusing. :)

melissa
clarinet '99
field sergeant
Absegami Marching Braves

Azhben

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
I personally liked how my section got me cigars. Three of them, and they were
without any sexual connotation too! It was sweet and I almost cried!

PrtyBrd555

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
The officers of the band usually get together and decide on senior
"superlatives". We had some interesting ones last year. I think the best one
was "Most Likely to be a Prick" which was given to this one senior jerk. It
was very funny. Most of them had to do with inside jokes from the year. Our
drum major last year got "Most likely to be surrounded by underclassmen males"
because half of the freshmen and sophomore guys were infatuated with her.
Those are just a few that I really remember.

Just my $.05......inflation is hell, ain't it?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~Laura a.k.a. Guard Miss Lady :o)
York High Marching Falcons '97-'00
York High Winterguard '98-'00
"No, I'm NOT from York, Pennsylvania..."

LHSHorn

Nov 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/26/98
Our banquet is a really big deal. We always display the trophies, plaques and
awards we received that year. The seniors give out things. They pass down
sectional stuff or they have an inside joke with someone so they tell the story
and then give the gift. Sections give their seniors gifts and at the end we
watch a movie that we had made over the season. Its fun but there's a lot of
sadness there too. You usually bring a box of kleenex!

Ashley
Lloyd Memorial H.S
Mellophone
Lloyd, where pride comes first!

FuNk_m...@webtv.net

Nov 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/26/98
we have special little awards that we vote for on a sheet with all the
awards on em a week ahead. last year i got most corrupted freshman and
band flirt, (and most likely to become a porn star but thats not
announced at the banquet) and then we get lil gits pretaining to our
award

†h£ ƒuNk M@§†@

Shgrcukie

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
we give our new clarinets passafires on a ribbon because they have now grown in
that year and can stop relieing in the seniors to pull them though it is a
funny way to wing them off of you to the passafirer . our ribbons are grren
because we have adaplted that color.................julie

Lewis

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
We have a few perinnial favorites...

To one (to be) junior and senior: The icepack award. To be worn on the head
to reduce swelling.

To one (to be) senior: The heatpack. (Opposite of the icepack, duh.)

The broken record award: Given to the player who just can't stop playing
that one dang coolthefirst5minutesbutnowit'sold song...

The spontaNeuferty award: At one of our spring concerts, a timpani player
busted out with a solo after the wind ensemble performed (man was it LOUD)
to the horror of our director. his name was Neufer. Make the corrolation.

There's more, such as the waterbottle to the first one who faints at band
camp, etc... but those are my personal favs.

--
John Lewis
Got SAX?

ViaLov125

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
This year the seniors gave to our band dirrector a barbie porche with a ken
inside wearing nike shorts because he LOVES both porches and Nike.

ContraAdct

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
what a gag :) you kids are so silly :)

GlennK98

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
The saophone section leader hands down an old bari that gone run over. It's
all bent up and is painted in our school colors and on a giant backboard. My
school has bagpipes, and the Pipe Sergant gives an old bag that was turned into
a dog to the following year pipe sergant.

Glendora high school
California

Peachy eMi

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
Our gig gifts are called senior gifts. You get them from Santa at the Holiday
Dinner Dance (formerly known as the Christmas Dance) your, duh, senior year.

I got a little tykes chair wrapped in TP b/c last year about 30 kids TP'd my
house (normal) with about 80 rolls (unusual) and left two reclining chairs!
(unheard of)!

Em, Clifton

SaxSweety

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
OUR senoirs gave there present to our director,pete, at band camp they gave
him a pick visor that say "WORLDS GREATEST MOM" on it it was very cute

Chris Washebek

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99

SaxSweety wrote:

OUR senoirs gave there present to our director,pete, at band camp they gave
him a pick visor that say "WORLDS GREATEST MOM" on it it was very cute

  Nothing tops this. For Christmas a couple of years back, some of the seniors gave our director ROGAINE!!!!!! He took it pretty well, though.

Ed Francis

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
Someone gave my director a pen with a little figure of him on the top with
red horns, a devil's tail and a pitch fork. hehehehehe He thought it was
funny.

Ed CV '99

Darren Amato

Jun 28, 2022, 12:24:53 PM6/28/22