Blade of the Immortal, Recommendations and Timetravelling in r.a.manga

ldpshddtti

Aug 31, 2022, 4:54:10 AM8/31/22

Hello rec.arts.manga,

I've just finished Blade of the Immortal and I find it really
moving. Though I can't say I like how it ended. I guess Samura gave
everything a clear conclusion so that there's little to no questions
left to answer.

Also, as a bit of a side. If there's anyone listening to this great
void. Are there any dark medieval fantasy seinen manga that you can
suggest? I've read through Berserk, Claymore and Blade of the Immortal
now and I'm struggling to think of a new series that fits the bill. I'm
alright with a more modern setting as well, I just also recently
finished I am a Hero which was quite good up until the very end.

Well, that's all that I wanted to write about at the moment, or so I
thought. I've been archiving some of the newsgroups that interest me
lately and with my current provider I was able to go back to about
2003. In the 19 years rec.arts.manga history that I have, Blade of the
Immortal was mentioned a measly 3 times. One in 2003 and two and 2004.

It's funny to read back at what people thought of at the time about
Blade and how this one person have been complaining about the Doa arc
dragging itself pretty long. I personally found that arc especially
good since it gave a chance for Rin to develop as a character. But hey,
it's a matter of personal taste.

Cheers