[IntroComp] Deadline Extensions!

Jacqueline A. Lott

Jul 13, 2008, 2:18:48 PM7/13/08
Hello, R.A.I-F!

I meant to post a reminder about the intent to enter deadline for
IntroComp, but have been having a rather crazy summer and the reminder
just didn't get posted. In light of that, I've decided to extend the
deadlines by a couple of weeks or so - just in case you are having a
crazy summer as well.

NEW INTENT DEADLINE:
Sunday, July 20th. (One week from the date of this post.)

NEW ENTRY DEADLINE:
Wednesday, Aug 20th by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.

I anticipate getting the introductions out to the community rather
quickly, with about a two week voting period and winners announced
Sunday, September 7 on the ifMUD.

For those of you who were on the fence about entering, here's your
chance to decide to go for it! For ease of reference, here are the
rest of the details on the competition...

All entrants must submit the beginning of a new, never before seen
work of IF. This can be as short or as long as the author likes, so
long as it is 1) a working, playable game and 2) interactive fiction.

Prizes will be as follows:
1ST Place: $100
2ND Place: $60
3RD Place: $40
Honorable: $20

All values in US funds, minus any currency conversion fee that might
be required. In order to win you not only have to enter, but also
finish your game. You will have one year (until August 20, 2009) to
do so.

Anyone who enters but doesn't place in the top three will fit into the
Honorable category. We want everyone to have an incentive to finish
their game, so the first Honorable to complete their game will receive
the $20 Honorable prize, provided that the entry isn't incredibly
buggy and just sort of slapped together.

***** REALLY IMPORTANT *****

ALL questions, intents to enter, and final submissions should be sent
to my e-mail account. While I will try to follow IntroComp on the
groups between now and August, I don't religiously read the news
groups, and I have a very demanding day job, so if you have a question
and actually want a timely response, please drop me an e-mail at my
gmail.com account - jacqueline.a.lott).

Please also note that I'm sometimes in the wilderness (that's right,
the wilderness, where Internet is but a twinkle in some grizzly bear's
eye) for up to eight days at a time, so if you don't get a reply right
away, it probably means that I'm in the woods and will reply as soon
as my hiking boots bring me back to 'civilization.'

Good luck!
- Jacqueline
_____

The waters of Usenet were once rich in posters. Then the Usenet
trawlers set their nets and devastated the population, leaving the
ecology in serious imbalance.