Ten warning signs you've been spending too much time on r.a.i.f.

Jonadab

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Ten warning signs you've been spending too much time on r.a.i.f...

10. You are amazed that your coworkers have never heard
of Graham Nelson.

9. You can name at least five major differences between
TADS and Inform.

8. You can name at least a dozen other adventure game
design systems.

7. While on break at work, you think up your next post,
like I did with this one ;-)

6. You have actually considered writing your own adventure
game system in your favourite obscure language, even
though you know it would be inferior to several that are
already available, just to prove that it is possible.

5. 547 messages, 3 unread.
You become excited, but then you realize that
those are the three you just posted.
You read them anyway.

4. You reply to 2 of them.
You catch yourself almost becoming excited when
you see the "2 unread" message.

3. In real-world conversations you find yourself saying
things like, "Zarf said that ..."

2. You are deeply suspicious of anyone who doesn't have
a strong opinion about conversation trees.

1. You live in constant worry that some idiot will
crosspost something inflammatory to all the groups and
spam the whole works.

--
From 501 uses for peanut butter:
200. Design an aerobic workout fitness machine called the

My Current Quote: "I'm sorry, sir, but we're all out of Beanie
Babies."

"I" /\ \I /\ I\ /\ I) /\ I) I) 1 /_ II "I" \I [" "I"
\I \/ I\ II I/ II I) \a I) I\ 1 \/ TT I o I\ [_ I

Eactivist

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>From: "Jonadab" <jon...@bright.net>

> 3. In real-world conversations you find yourself saying
> things like, "Zarf said that ..."

Cute. Hate to admit it, but I've actually done that.

Doe :-)

Marnie doeadeer3 or eactivist @aol.com (formerly FemaleDeer)
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain