[Announce] Dragon-Comp

1 view

dcorn...@my-deja.com

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
I know Adam Cadre has the dino-comp going on right now, but I thought it
would be cool to dispell the notion that a cool or funny game cannot be
written with dragons.

So, the premise is to write a short game about one or more dragons and
make it as funny as possible.

Extra points for Damsels in distress, castles, and, well, you know,
anything _fantasy_ related.

I'll accept submissions through April 15th and put them up on a web
page all at once.

Jarb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

dcorn...@my-deja.com

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
In article <8abhga$ske$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

dcorn...@my-deja.com wrote:

> So, the premise is to write a short game about one or more dragons and
> make it as funny as possible.

Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
partners in some grand adventure....

cody sandifer

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00

> So, the premise is to write a short game about one or more dragons and
> make it as funny as possible.

Maurice bristles. "Maurice doesn't like flying toads. They're big and angry."

Adam J. Thornton

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
In article <8abhu9$t1t$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <dcorn...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>In article <8abhga$ske$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> dcorn...@my-deja.com wrote:
>> So, the premise is to write a short game about one or more dragons and
>> make it as funny as possible.
>Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
>'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
>partners in some grand adventure....

You bastard.

I guess I'm just going to have to enter.

Adam
--
ad...@princeton.edu
"My eyes say their prayers to her / Sailors ring her bell / Like a moth

Marnie Parker

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
>Subject: Re: [Announce] Dragon-Comp
>From: dcorn...@my-deja.com
>Date: 3/10/00 11:20 AM Pacific Standard Time
>Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
>'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
>partners in some grand adventure....
>

>Jarb

Ohhhhh, what a v-e-r-y interesting idea. Not to undermine my own comp -- THE IF
ART SHOW 2000 -- DEADLINE MARCH 24th -- http://members.aol.com/iffyart.

Of course there isn't that much overlap and I am so sorely tempted.

And in the process, Adam and the dragon end up friends, right? Real good
buddies, in fact, huh?

Hehehe.

Doe :-)

doea...@aol.com ------------------------------------------------------
Inform Tips - http://members.aol.com/doepage/infotips.htm
IF Art Gallery - http://members.aol.com/iffyart/
IF Review Conspiracy - http://www.textfire.com/conspiracy/

Adam J. Thornton

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
In article <20000310214056...@ng-cb1.aol.com>,

Marnie Parker <doea...@aol.com> wrote:
>>Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
>>'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
>>partners in some grand adventure....

>Ohhhhh, what a v-e-r-y interesting idea. Not to undermine my own comp -- THE IF

>ART SHOW 2000 -- DEADLINE MARCH 24th -- http://members.aol.com/iffyart.
>
>Of course there isn't that much overlap and I am so sorely tempted.
>
>And in the process, Adam and the dragon end up friends, right? Real good
>buddies, in fact, huh?

"Drunkard and Dragon.

One's a hard-bitten, hard-drinking PI, exiled from the police force a
decade ago for shtupping the Captain's wife. The other's a rookie cop
of his first beat.

Now they're partners. And it's going to take both of them to Save The
World."

Joe Mason

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00
Adam J. Thornton <ad...@princeton.edu> wrote:
>>Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
>>'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
>>partners in some grand adventure....
>
>You bastard.
>
>I guess I'm just going to have to enter.

I bet he enters a teaser for 'Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered Country'.

Joe

Stephen Granade

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00
jcm...@uwaterloo.ca (Joe Mason) writes:

Aha. I've figured out his diabolical plan. His Dragon-Comp entry will
have no dragons in it, until the very end, at which point a dragon
will enter the room wearing a sandwich board on which is painted,
"Play Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered Country."

After you read the sandwich board, the dragon will self-destruct.

Stephen

--
Stephen Granade | Interested in adventure games?
sgra...@phy.duke.edu | Visit About.com's IF Page

Adam J. Thornton

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00
In article <jdog8k1...@login2.phy.duke.edu>,
Stephen Granade <sgra...@login2.phy.duke.edu> wrote:

>jcm...@uwaterloo.ca (Joe Mason) writes:
>Aha. I've figured out his diabolical plan. His Dragon-Comp entry will
>have no dragons in it, until the very end, at which point a dragon
>will enter the room wearing a sandwich board on which is painted,
>"Play Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered Country."
>
>After you read the sandwich board, the dragon will self-destruct.

Thanks for the TERRIFIC idea, Stephen!

Jay Goemmer

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00

"Adam J. Thornton" <ad...@princeton.edu> wrote in message

> "Drunkard and Dragon.
>
> One's a hard-bitten, hard-drinking PI, exiled from the police force a
> decade ago for shtupping the Captain's wife. The other's a rookie cop
> of his first beat.

Dagnabbit, Adam, now you've got *me* thinking! --I can't help wondering
if you're going to implement SHTUPP as a valid verb synonym in "Stiffy
Makane: The Undiscovered Country."

This could keep me awake all night if I let it torment me...

--Jay Goemmer

Gene Wirchenko

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
jcm...@uwaterloo.ca (Joe Mason) wrote:

>Adam J. Thornton <ad...@princeton.edu> wrote:
>>>Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
>>>'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
>>>partners in some grand adventure....
>>
>>You bastard.
>>
>>I guess I'm just going to have to enter.
>
>I bet he enters a teaser for 'Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered Country'.

Shouldn't the word be "foreplay" and not "teaser"?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Joe Mason

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
Gene Wirchenko <ge...@shuswap.net> wrote:

>jcm...@uwaterloo.ca (Joe Mason) wrote:
>>
>>I bet he enters a teaser for 'Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered Country'.
>
> Shouldn't the word be "foreplay" and not "teaser"?

Normally, yes. However, this IS Stiffy Makane we're talking about.

Joe

edr...@my-deja.com

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
dcorn...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8abhga$ske$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> dcorn...@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > So, the premise is to write a short game about one or more dragons
and
> > make it as funny as possible.
>
> Of course my own thoughts on this idea are to create some sort of
> 'odd-couple' satire with a dragon and Adam Thornton as unwilling
> partners in some grand adventure....

How 'bout a dragon being trampled to death and torn to pieces by a pack
of angry dinosaurs?

:)

-M.

Adam J. Thornton

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
In article <gj6z4.14523$Hq3.2...@news2.rdc1.on.home.com>,

ITYM "repulsifier."

M. Sean Molley

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
Greetings...

"Adam J. Thornton" <ad...@princeton.edu> wrote:

> You bastard.
>
> I guess I'm just going to have to enter.
>

> Adam

No, I think you need to do more than enter; I think you are morally
obligated to win. You owe it to dragonkind. :P

Sean
----
M. Sean Molley / mol...@mindspring.com

Adam J. Thornton

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
In article <8ak80d$hr3$1...@slb0.atl.mindspring.net>,

M. Sean Molley <mol...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>No, I think you need to do more than enter; I think you are morally
>obligated to win. You owe it to dragonkind. :P

Don't make me kick your ass, you Fool's Errand-hoarding mofo.