Textfyre - Ownership

ChicagoDave

Apr 9, 2007, 10:44:19 AM4/9/07
Dear Fellow IF Hobbyists,

This is not a solicitation. It's more of an informal inquiry as to the
interest level in potentially owning a portion of Textfyre.

I'm valuating the company with my attorney tomorrow with the intention
of eventually allowing outside parties to "buy in".

The process would require you to hire an attorney, allow a background
check, and sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement.

I have not yet decided to do this and there is no reason I _need_ to
do this. I had thought of ways to allow people to share in the risk/
rewards if Textfyre is a success, and ownership was always something I
had hoped to offer.

If anyone is interested, at any level except "control" (I won't give
that up to anyone), please send me an e-mail.

Sincerely,

David C.

Al

Apr 9, 2007, 12:39:15 PM4/9/07
This seems something very akin to buying stock in a company,
but this is rolling the dice for all intents and purposes IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.

ChicagoDave

Apr 9, 2007, 2:15:14 PM4/9/07

It is exactly like buying stock in a company. Whether it's the same as
rolling dice is a matter of perspective.

I simply wanted to leave the door open for those with a higher
tolerance for risk.

David C.

Adam Thornton

Apr 9, 2007, 3:01:38 PM4/9/07
In article <1176129859.8...@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

ChicagoDave <david.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The process would require you to hire an attorney, allow a background
>check, and sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement.

Does your non-compete extend only to commercially released edutainment
IF, or would releasing games as freeware violate it? As shareware? As
commercial, but not aimed at your target demographic?

Adam

ChicagoDave

Apr 9, 2007, 3:11:47 PM4/9/07
On Apr 9, 2:01 pm, a...@fsf.net (Adam Thornton) wrote:
> In article <1176129859.807285.293...@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

> ChicagoDave <david.cornel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The process would require you to hire an attorney, allow a background
> >check, and sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement.
>
> Does your non-compete extend only to commercially released edutainment
> IF, or would releasing games as freeware violate it? As shareware? As
> commercial, but not aimed at your target demographic?
>
> Adam

The non-compete portion only involves creating games that directly
compete commercially with Textfyre's games. It would not include
freeware, but it might include shareware.

I can send you a copy of the NDA and you can review it yourself or
have an attorney review it. It's pretty standard stuff.

David C.

Conrad

Apr 11, 2007, 10:50:32 AM4/11/07
On Apr 9, 10:44 am, "ChicagoDave" <david.cornel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Fellow IF Hobbyists,
>
> This is not a solicitation. It's more of an informal inquiry as to the
> interest level in potentially owning a portion of Textfyre.
>
> I'm valuating the company with my attorney tomorrow with the intention
> of eventually allowing outside parties to "buy in".

What size investments are you looking for?

What kind of turnaround do you anticipate?

What's your business plan?

Conrad.

ps - Who's working on the project?

C.

ChicagoDave

Apr 11, 2007, 11:34:58 AM4/11/07
On Apr 11, 9:50 am, "Conrad" <conradc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What size investments are you looking for?
>
> What kind of turnaround do you anticipate?
>
> What's your business plan?
>
> ps - Who's working on the project?

These are all questions that would be answered after you signed an NDA
and were seriously considering ownership. This conversation would take
place in person or on a conference call, probably with my attorney and
your attorney.

David C.

ChicagoDave

Apr 11, 2007, 12:40:55 PM4/11/07
On Apr 11, 9:50 am, "Conrad" <conradc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's your business plan?

The business plan is being developed in partnership with DePaul
university. It should be completed by mid-June.

> Who's working on the project?

See the other posting entitled "Textfyre - April Update"

David C.