[INFORM] Hint Menus

Joe Merical

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
How do you make those hint menus like in Zork? Also, I heard it's possible
to put graphics in INFORM 6, is this true, and if so, how do I?

- Joe

Joe Mason

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Joe Merical <jmer...@citynet.net> wrote:
>How do you make those hint menus like in Zork? Also, I heard it's possible
>to put graphics in INFORM 6, is this true, and if so, how do I?

For hint menus, get Graham Nelson's menus.h, or <ack! blanking on the name!>'s
altmenu.h. For graphics, get Patrick Kellum's V6Lib. All are available at

ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/library/contributins

I think.

~JOE
--
Congratulations, Canada, on preserving your national igloo.
-- Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas

pizz...@lycosmail.com_x

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
> From: "Joe Merical" <jmer...@citynet.net>

>How do you make those hint menus like in Zork? Also, I heard it's possible

Check out the hint menus in my port of "Night of the Vampire Bunnies",
based on the QBASIC game by Jason Dyer, it is based on the one in Zork and
uses Graham Nelson's wonderful menus.h as its basis.

Feel free to use the hint code in any of your projects.

>to put graphics in INFORM 6, is this true, and if so, how do I?
>

>- Joe

Yep, check out V6Lib by Jason C. Penney,
http://www.chelmsford.com/home/jpenney/V6Lib/

Patrick

pizz...@lycosmail.com_x

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
> From: pizz...@lycosmail.com_x

>Check out the hint menus in my port of "Night of the Vampire Bunnies",
>based on the QBASIC game by Jason Dyer, it is based on the one in Zork and
>uses Graham Nelson's wonderful menus.h as its basis.
>
>Feel free to use the hint code in any of your projects.

Oops, forgot the URL's

Inform Source:
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/source/inform/bunny_s.zip

Compiled Game
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/zcode/bunny.z5

Also, unlike the Zork hint menu, new hints become available as you enter
different locations.

Patrick
---
The Small Wonder Page
http://smallwonder.simplenet.com/
My Miva Functions
http://smallwonder.simplenet.com/miva/functions/index.mv
"Animal crackers in my poop." - Shirley Temple